Was Britney Railroaded into Rehab? : A Research Thread

15 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

The statute of limitations for basically anything has run out, I'm afraid, unless there is some loophole that says the time you've spent trapped in a conservatorship doesn't count?  Perhaps there is some monumental case building on the idea that since Brit was essentially a minor while conserved, she will have time from the date which she was freed since this is sort of like when she became an adult again in the eyes of the court?

5 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I don't think they'll get her for that, or anything else really...but maybe they could accuse her of being complicit in some of the crimes commited later on? Maybe simply the thought of being seen as guilty by the general public, plus the thought of having to pay all her legal fees, is enough of a 'threat' for her to want to negotiate and start helping Rosengart out in exchange of paid fees and a clean name. We all know Lynne really does care what people think of her (as opposed to Jamie), and she may not have the money to pay her lawyer of face a new lawsuit.

I imagine she's exploring the thought of a civil lawsuit.

Plus, there's a good, mysterious book coming down the pipe. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Question...

Did Britney ever throw any parties at the Malibu house that she shared with Kevin...After they broke up?

Apparently, yes. A Daniel Musto, who was for a while a part of Britney's group of friends (or maybe just people who hung out with her) was interviewed by the Gram Girls in the 'Toxic' podcast (in Chapter 4: Lonely) and according to him, she would take them to her Malibu home:

"DANIEL: We definitely all didn't have her number, one person had her number. We didn't at the time have to go through anyone to get access to her, but she did- I guess people had like faked access to her community in Malibu behind Starbucks. So she would have to physically get in her car and come to the gate if she really wanted someone to come and give them the hi sign and eye contact to say they can come in. But in true Britney form, of course, she wanted a coffee, so she would like - she threw Sean Preston in the car, went to Starbucks, met us there, and then we followed her in."

"DANIEL: We'd be at her house and she would just make sure anything she was enjoying, whether it was music, Red Bull, conversation, she wanted everyone to be in on it. I was like in her closet picking out outfits for her friends because she, unlike all other celebrities I've worked with, she wanted her like assistant and everyone to just, like, “Wear my clothes, just go in my closet, just take it like whatever you want is yours.” If someone was in the room who was a little off, she would make sure they were OK, got what they needed. You know, whether it was a cocktail or some gumbo, like whatever it is that you need to be on our level, like she wanted to make sure everyone was that."

You can check the trascript in here: https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5e1d121673c54c4de0c3d793/60f5d1d437c23208c2ab8493_Toxic Chapter 4 transcript.pdf

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

Apparently, yes. A Daniel Musto, who was for a while a part of Britney's group of friends (or maybe just people who hung out with her) was interviewed by the Gram Girls in the 'Toxic' podcast (in Chapter 4: Lonely) and according to him, she would take them to her Malibu home:

Thank you!

The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if there were any opportunities for ***** to be hidden in her Malibu home between the time she shaved her head and the time she checked into Promises for the final time.

I'm curious as to how people like Alli Sims and Lynne Spears had access to the house, or why there would be security guards still on site after Britney had already moved to The Summit.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If we had to pick...Which deposition would give us the most insight?

Alli Sims...or Sam Lutfi?

I'm gonna say Alli, only because she's the one we've heard the least from (other than that leaked interview so many years ago) and her account must be more reliable than Lutfi. But maybe I'm biased because I've been wanting her to speak out for a long time.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If we had to pick...Which deposition would give us the most insight?

Alli Sims...or Sam Lutfi?

Both are gonna say the same thing, from different perspectives, sure. But everything that both have said throughout the years corroborates the other. I mean, everything Alli said is corroborated by stuff Lutfi said... the sketchy stuff Lutfi said don't come into play apparently?

I do like to think that in the case of the child custody deposition, though, Alli was more privy to stuff than Lutfi.

• 2 weeks later...

I just randomly came across this tweet where Hiatus posted a screenshot of a Britney & Lynne email exchange from june 2007, I don't thin I had seen it before and it made me think of this thread. 

Especially the line "you don't have to go through allie anymore.", it made me think of the theories what we talked about here, i.e. Lynne calling Alli to sweep the house in the middle of the night when Lutfi called warning about alleged planted *****, or Lynne taking a mortgage with Alli as a witness.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I just randomly came across this tweet where Hiatus posted a screenshot of a Britney & Lynne email exchange from june 2007, I don't thin I had seen it before and it made me think of this thread. 

Especially the line "you don't have to go through allie anymore.", it made me think of the theories what we talked about here, i.e. Lynne calling Alli to sweep the house in the middle of the night when Lutfi called warning about alleged planted *****, or Lynne taking a mortgage with Alli as a witness.

if this email is real, then Lynne did not have Britney’s contact info June 2007, which is why Lynne was going through Alli.

also, I was reading old Lutfi posts, one thing I hadn’t processed was that Brit made allegations that Lynne and Kevin were having an affair. In one of Lutfi’s alleged emails between him and Lynne, Lynne says that Britney punched her in the nose. NGL, hilarious if that’s true. And allegedly the reason was because Lynne was pretending to flirt with Kevin.

Do we know the original source of that email on BritneyHiatus? I haven’t been following Hiatus, are they typically reliable?

47 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

if this email is real, then Lynne did not have Britney’s contact info June 2007, which is why Lynne was going through Alli.

also, I was reading old Lutfi posts, one thing I hadn’t processed was that Brit made allegations that Lynne and Kevin were having an affair. In one of Lutfi’s alleged emails between him and Lynne, Lynne says that Britney punched her in the nose. NGL, hilarious if that’s true. And allegedly the reason was because Lynne was pretending to flirt with Kevin.

Do we know the original source of that email on BritneyHiatus? I haven’t been following Hiatus, are they typically reliable?

I think BritneyHiatus account is fairly reliable from what I've seen, they like to make threads compiling information about different things/people related to the conservatorship. Sometimes they go a little far looking for blame (for example in the thread I linked, I think they are way too hard on Lynne) but they seem to be good at digging up dirt. Still, I can't find the source of that email screenshot, so who knows if someone duped them... It seems consistent with the other leaked emails and the spears' writing style, though.

The account has been suspended for a while and just came back from the dead.

About the Lynne-Keving affair, I always took it as exageration, maybe Lynne was flirty which imo suits her personality, and Britney was jealous and/or angry because she was being betrayed by her mother during her divorce, and then it was too juicy for tabloids or even people surrounding them to not make it into a story.

• Like 1

While looking for the source of that Lynne-Alli-Britney exchange, I came across this article from April 25, 2019, where Sam Lutfi allegedly tells the Daily Star "I certainly hope Lynne does appeal to the court to be conservator."https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/britney-spears-instagram-sam-lutfi-17130007 

This was 4 days before he calls Lynne and leaves that long message telling her to lawyer up and try to become conservator.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

Yeah this email is old actually. It's from Lutfi, back when he was leaking emails in 2019.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Yeah this email is old actually. It's from Lutfi, back when he was leaking emails in 2019.

Well that solves the source issue, now about its reliability... I must say I tend to believe Lutfi's leaks. I think he's smart enough to use those pieces of truth to favour his narrative.

46 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Well that solves the source issue, now about its reliability... I must say I tend to believe Lutfi's leaks. I think he's smart enough to use those pieces of truth to favour his narrative.

If we are going to consider the "abuse of medications" part, Britney herself said in one of the now deleted Instagram captions that when she came home after the JT breakup Lynne was incapacitated because of painkillers (I don't remember the exact wording, but I interpreted it that way). 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Applejack said:

If we are going to consider the "abuse of medications" part, Britney herself said in one of the now deleted Instagram captions that when she came home after the JT breakup Lynne was incapacitated because of painkillers (I don't remember the exact wording, but I interpreted it that way). 

That potentially gives us a timeline of 2002-2007 (at least) of alleged pill abuse on Lynne’s part.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2022 at 6:11 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

39 minutes ago, Applejack said:

idk if we're talking about him, but what do we think of tony barretto?

i find it sketchy he was hired when britney was sent to rehab.

and that his attorney was gloria allred.

also, i was browing the site hollywood gossip and they really got a lot of things right back then, down to jamie forcing britney to read the bible in the middle of the circus tour. but one thing that got my attention was that whoever was writing the articles had a distaste for larry and dating rumors. whenever there was a new dating rumor, they would link back to rudolph planting stories. that picked my interest because of the jenny eliscu article about britney being a "date" girl and the obsession with the men in her life in general. i saved the articles but they're on another computer, so when i have more time i edit this with the tea.

Do we have a date that Tony Barretto first appeared on the scene?

Who hired him? ...Britney herself, or Larry Rudolph?

If I'm not mistaken, Tony Barretto was deposed in the custody case...I need to add that transcript to my list of "things to do." :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Do we have a date that Tony Barretto first appeared on the scene?

Who hired him? ...Britney herself, or Larry Rudolph?

If I'm not mistaken, Tony Barretto was deposed in the custody case...I need to add that transcript to my list of "things to do." :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

He was hired after she left Promises in March 2007. My guess is she hired him herself. 

https://www.wthr.com/amp/article/news/local/ex-spears-bodyguard-rebuffed-court/531-6de38a5d-4cbc-4960-ada5-f1548e53f6f6

Beyond the Tony Barretto thing, here are some more articles I found from Hollywood Gossip that could refresh our memories. I'm gonna copy and paste the entire articles because their archive system is bad and I couldn't figure out an easy way to get links for the articles.

-Britney allegedly tried to hire a PI in late November 2007?

Spoiler

Mark Vincent Kaplan Rips Britney Spears Over Investigator

by Free Britney at November 20, 2007 11:08 am.

Kevin Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, is speaking out about a recent report that Britney Spears has hired a private investigator to dig up dirt in their ongoing custody battle.

"I think that if that is what they need to do, or have to do, to have at it," said Kaplan. "I don't think it will, in any way, be a good use of funds. But I can't stop that from happening."

Mark Vincent Kaplan said it would be a waste of time for them to follow around K-Fed.

"I don't think he would be concerned about it, and I don't think he has to change anything he is doing in order to address that," the attorney added.

Meanwhile, Britney Spears' attorney, Anne Kiley, revealed Monday that Spears â€" who has been banned from driving with her kids in the car â€" has decided to hire a driver to avoid any dangerous incidents with the paparazzi.

Although Mark Vincent Kaplan said he hasn't seen proof that Britney Spears, 25, has hired a driver or read Kiley's statement, he said that "anything that puts the children in a car that reduces the risk ... I am all for that."

Kaplan said his client, Federline, tries his best not to take his kids out in front of the press: "He's pretty good about keeping the kids at home with him unless there is a compelling reason they need to be somewhere."

Hard to argue with that logic. Unless you're Britney.

It's been a tough day for Britney Spears, who we also learned lost her virginity to Reg Jones at age 14. But she's got George Clooney in her corner! The star commented on the celebrity news media following Britney:

"You look at the footage of Britney running that red light - there's eight guys with cameras at night in the middle of the street. There are no rules now," he told ET. "It's getting to a point where people that are not involved are getting hurt."

"What they're doing is dangerous and illegal," George Clooney added. "They are not trying to just catch me doing something stupid; they are trying to create something stupid. You don't get to break all these laws and then say, 'I'm just doing my job.' The guys that commit all these crimes are rewarded for it."

A little saga about Britney feeling drugged, being forgetful and being diagnosed

-Britney feels overmedicated

Spoiler

Report: Britney Spears Thinks Dad is Drugging Her

by Free Britney at April 20, 2009 10:49 am.

Britney Spears has “convinced herself” that father Jamie Spears is upping her meds to keep her subdued and stay in control of her, according to sources.

“Britney is sure her father is out to get her and that he’s drugging her to turn her into a zombie who won’t fight back,” a source told British magazine Look.

While anonymous sources in unreliable magazines can't be taken at face value, the quotes back up rumors that Brit wants to torpedo the conservatorship.

“Ever since her breakdown last year when she was hospitalized, she’s been on several prescription pills to battle panic attacks. Her doctors have also prescribed anti-anxiety ***** Valium and Ativan to deal with stress and to help her sleep."

“As part of the court-ordered conservatorship, [Jamie Spears] has to make sure Britney takes the correct dosage because she forgets to take them."

"Lately, however, she’s been nodding off randomly in the middle of conversations and is convinced it’s because Jamie’s giving her much too much.”

This may also explain why she has no idea where she is sometimes.

The source adds that Britney Spears' friends, “tell her it’s just because she’s working so hard and performing every night on her Circus tour.”

But the superstar, says the source, thinks there are sinister, ulterior motives and insists her dad is drugging her to keep her under control.

Either way, it's a bad sign that Britney’s paranoia is rearing its head again in any form, as friends and lawyer Jon Eardley have been saying.

"She’s sneakily sending text messages to her ex-boyfriend, Adnan Ghalib, telling him she needs help because her dad is poisoning her," says the anonymous Britney mole. "She’s becoming desperate to get her dad out of her life.”

For the moment, at least, Jamie remains at the helm as the Circus tour rolls on. Click to enlarge some recent pics from Britney's L.A. show ...

[Photo Credits: BritneySpears.com]

-Sam claiming bipolar disorder as we know from Barbara Walters

Spoiler

Sam Lutfi Speaks on Britney Spears' "Fight to Get Well"

by Free Britney at February 7, 2008 10:40 am.  Updated at December 16, 2021 7:50 am.

Has Britney Spears hit rock bottom?

Is she really trying to get well? Are the people close to her doing enough, or losing sight of what's important with their constant in-fighting?

These and so many other key questions remain unanswered (we welcome your comments) even by those close to the troubled Britney Spears.

To that end, this week's Us Weekly takes an in-depth look inside the ongoing struggle for the soul (and mind) of a fallen cultural icon.

Spears was released from UCLA yesterday after spending a week in its psych ward. Many believe the singer should have been held there longer.

One of the article's focal points is - who else - Sam Lutfi.

Britney Spears' friend, de facto manager and confidant, who was recently hit with a restraining order after her parents made some startling allegations in court, has opened up about her bipolar disorder - and how he's trying to help her.

Sam Lutfi explained to the celebrity news site how he medicated her and what went the night she was hospitalized, as well as how her parents reacted.

"In [Britney's] depressive episodes, it's all crying," he said. "In manic episodes, there's very little crying or sympathy or compassion. She becomes another person. She becomes somebody that just doesn't care about anything."

"The British accent is part of the mania," Sam Lutfi, whose real first name is Osama, added. "She will stick to the British accent because she becomes comfortable with it... But you know, when the pink wig comes on, it's getting bad."

Lutfi says that when Spears was involuntarily committed to UCLA, her parents, Lynne and Jamie Spears, arrived and tried to get him away from Britney.

"Well, he is better family than you guys will ever be," Britney responded, according to Sam, who is obviously in full spin-machine mode.

Sam Lutfi also said that when the ambulance arrived to take Britney Spears away, "she was very quiet... when I told her, she wrote me a note and put a big heart on it and it said, 'I love you, Sam. Are there people coming? Circle yes or no.'"

"Oh, my God, it was funny. Just the cutest little thing. I circled yes and I gave it back to her, and she looked at me and she's like, 'Oh, lord, here we go again.'"

-TMZ diagnosing her with multiple personality disorder

Spoiler

Britney Spears News: Multiple Personality Disorder Diagnosed, Obituary Written

by Mischalova at January 18, 2008 2:45 am.

Nothing like starting your day off with a pair of disturbing news items about Britney Spears.

First, TMZ makes a strong claim without citing its sources. The celebrity gossip sites reports that Britney has multiple personalities, including "the British girl." Therefore, when Spears loses the English persona, she has absolutely no idea what she did during the time she assumed that side of herself.

For example, the day Spears didn't show for her deposition? She has no recollection of it.

Considering the sources also cite personalities that include "the weepy girl, the diva [and] the incoherent girl," this sounds like too broad of a diagnosis to us. Aren't all women suffering from these issues?

This must be the personality of Britney Spears that really hates pants.

Secondly, the Associated Press has admitted that it's actually preparing a obituary for Spears. While she's alive!

"We are not wishing it, but if Britney passed away, it's easily one of the biggest stories in a long time," AP entertainment editor Jesse Washington said.

Well, sure. A Megan Fox s** tape would be a big deal, too, but you don't see us writing a press release for it.

"I think one would agree that Britney seems at risk right now," Washington added. "Of course, we would never wish any type of misfortune on anybody and hope that we would never have to use it until 50 years from now… but if something were to happen, we would have to be prepared."

...and all those stories are about Britney being scared of not having recollection of events

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block