Was Britney Railroaded into Rehab? : A Research Thread

5 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

We can’t rule out that they were referencing October 2006. It sounds like Kevin was planning the divorce in advance. So he would have been talking to MVK in Oct 2006, which could have been the time a PI type figure “was inserted” into Brit’s life.

A reference to a quote from Kalie machado:

“And Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, were with Spears when she and Federline had their final fight, something Machado says Spears felt she was tricked into. After following him to New York with their sons, “She stood up for herself, and it kind of backfired,” Machado recalls. “That was what [Federline] wanted.”

Unable to move on, Spears hung her wedding dress in the bedroom of her Malibu home. She also kept framed photographs of she and K-Fed all over the house. “She would ask, ‘Why did he do this to me?'” Machado tells Us, adding: “It just made her crazy and depressed.”

Source: Us Weekly

Even if they are referencing October 2006...

Why are both sides (Lynne/Lou in her book and Sands/Lutfi in the interview) sticking to that pre-determined script?

They're even both pairing it with the term "inserted into her life."

I just went back and re-checked Lynne's declaration...It doesn't mention the term "October," but it does use the phrase, "the man who has inserted himself into my daughter's life."

Michael Sands repeats the phrase "inserted" while talking to X17 not long after.

Odd.

• Like 2

What I'm thinking right now:

MVK hires Lutfi to keep tabs on Britney and make MVK's job easier, having the paps document her actions to be used against her in court, while not allowing for her to go too far off the deep end (i.e. overdose or something like the things Nazarian mentions, and that's why he sees him as a good guy and respects him). Meanwhile he also works to try and help Lynne, because behind the scenes, Kfed, Lynne, and Larry's camps are all on the same page: getting Britney to do what they want by way of threatening with losing custody of the children. Through all this, of course, he works for them a little but also plays them a little, because he sees the opportunity of personal gain by being britney's 'friend'.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Zomba/jive sued him for leaking Blackout. I’m trying to find the court docs. They settled out of court in 2009, I believe…

I haven’t figured this one out yet…who leaked? IMO it’s most likely B because this was her Rebellion phase—rebelling against her mgmt and record label who wouldn’t let her do what she wanted…but B helping Perez also makes no sense.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You know who we keep forgetting about?

Jive/RCA

There were promotional interviews to conduct, videos to film, and a tour to start planning.

And what did Lutfi go after in his lawsuit against the Spears?

Management fees.

I bet you anything, if I were to track it down, the date that his supposed "management contract" was to start was in...October 2007.

Key date:

Oct. 25, 2007 - Blackout is released by Jive Records. It is rush-released ahead of its scheduled November 13 release date after leaking online.

Makes sense that his contract started October 2007, because after firing Larry, she had one or two short lived managers, the last one of which left in september 2007, right after the VMAs.

source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-09-19/manager-dumps-britney-spears/674066

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Makes sense that his contract started October 2007, because after firing Larry, she had one or two short lived managers, the last one of which left in september 2007, right after the VMAs.

source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-09-19/manager-dumps-britney-spears/674066

His management contract started in October, but he also moved into her house 24/7 starting around October 3, 2007.

In her declaration, Lynne calls him, "Sam Lufti aka Sam Lufti ("sam"), the man who has inserted himself into my daughter's life, home and finances..."

Maybe the emphasis here should be on finances?

Let's be real...That's the part the Spears family is most worried about.

"Sam told me," You'd better learn that I control everything. I control Howard Grossman, Britney's business manager. I control her attorney's and the security guards at the gate. They don't listen to Britney, they listen to me."

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

What I'm thinking right now:

MVK hires Lutfi to keep tabs on Britney and make MVK's job easier, having the paps document her actions to be used against her in court, while not allowing for her to go too far off the deep end (i.e. overdose or something like the things Nazarian mentions, and that's why he sees him as a good guy and respects him). Meanwhile he also works to try and help Lynne, because behind the scenes, Kfed, Lynne, and Larry's camps are all on the same page: getting Britney to do what they want by way of threatening with losing custody of the children. Through all this, of course, he works for them a little but also plays them a little, because he sees the opportunity of personal gain by being britney's 'friend'.

I'm starting to think you are bang on with this.

Once MVK had achieved his goal by October 1, 2007 — the goal being full custody for Kevin — they likely had to switch into a different "mode."

From October 1, 2007 on out, it would have been about stripping her of her civil rights, while simultaneously protecting her from things like overdoses and suicide attempts.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I haven’t figured this one out yet…who leaked? IMO it’s most likely B because this was her Rebellion phase—rebelling against her mgmt and record label who wouldn’t let her do what she wanted…but B helping Perez also makes no sense.

My guess - Larry, possibly assisted by Lutfi?????  

Sabotaging Blackout to support the idea that B needs "HELP" -> like, look! Her last record tanked!  She needs the support of a good team! (all speculation of course) :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Whoa. 

Here's something strange...

I was just pouring over the text of Lynne's declaration looking for the word "October" and couldn't find it through the ABC News website, which lists the entire text:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=4249744&page=1

So, I went back to my original timeline that I'd been working on since 2008, which is saved in an email, and found this:

Feb 5, 2008

"In her request for a harassment order, Lynne says her daughter met Lutfi, whose full first name is Osama, "in or about October 2007" and that he has "essentially moved into Britney's home and has purported to take control of her life, home and finances."

https://www.eonline.com/news/57411/lynne_sam_drugged_controlled_britney

So I click on the link above, and sure enough, that's what the E! website says!

Then I just went to check the original text of the declaration, and what do you know?

The ABC News transcript is accurate...There is no mention of "in or about October 2007" in Lynne's declaration.

I can't find a reference to October 2007 after a light skim of "Through The Storm," either.

:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Now who would insert that line into the E! article?!

That was February 5, 2008, the day after Adam Streisand was ejected from the courtroom while trying to represent Britney...Michael Sands made his statement on Feb. 12, 2008, the same day she called Jon Eardley for the first time:

Feb. 12, 2008 - Publicist Michael Sands speaks to X17 on behalf of his client Sam Lutfi, claiming that, "Sam was inserted into Britney's life in October," by whom, Sands would not say, "after Britney had already shaved her head and been in two **** rehabs. Sam became her manager, and then her close friend. A manager does get paid."

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Feb. 12, 2008 - Publicist Michael Sands speaks to X17 on behalf of his client Sam Lutfi, claiming that, "Sam was inserted into Britney's life in October," by whom, Sands would not say, "after Britney had already shaved her head and been in two **** rehabs. Sam became her manager, and then her close friend. A manager does get paid."

Thank you, Michael Sands!

You just confirmed that Sam Lutfi entered the picture between Rehab #2 and Rehab #3. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

Yes! I totally agree. Lutfi is/was working his own agenda.

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

They're even both pairing it with the term "inserted into her life."

1 hour ago, Tar_isa said:

MVK hires Lutfi to keep tabs on Britney and make MVK's job easier, having the paps document her actions to be used against her in court, while not allowing for her to go too far off the deep end (i.e. overdose or something like the things Nazarian mentions, and that's why he sees him as a good guy and respects him). Meanwhile he also works to try and help Lynne, because behind the scenes, Kfed, Lynne, and Larry's camps are all on the same page

The 4 L’s agree on Controlling Britney Spears

But then Britney does something unexpected and makes Lutfi her manager…she’s like f.uck it…I hate all these f.uckers and I don’t see any of this money anyway.

So now the 4L’s lost control of Britney’s money! 
This is a huge glow up for Lutfi. So he might have spoken with a lawyer about how to make this appear legit which might have led to below control statement.

Let's be real...That's the part the Spears family is most worried about.

"Sam told me," You'd better learn that I control everything. I control Howard Grossman, Britney's business manager. I control her attorney's and the security guards at the gate. They don't listen to Britney, they listen to me."

Let’s remember that B is making ~$10mm per year on royalties only at this point…aka for doing nothing. So all of the managers and parents were CONs at this point because they were doing no work and collecting huge paychecks…the only way to maintain this con is controlling the finances AKA making sure THEY get paid first, before it hits B’s bank account.

any lawyer worth half their salt should have pointed this out, and I bet someone did at some point but B was so heartbroken at the time that money didn’t matter

• Love 3
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Lutfi didn’t respond to requests to the NYT doc. But there he is in the Netflix one. He’s not afraid to talk if he is allowed to control the narrative? I’ll have to rewatch to see if I can pick up on anything else 

Agreed. The Gram Girls contacted him to interview him for the Toxic podcast and they had a back and forth, which got a little intense because they had interviewed one of Britney's assistants from 2007 (Lea Frand) who lied about some stuff and talked unkindly of Lutfi.

At 31:20 they start talking a little about how he sometimes seemed forthcoming and all good, then sometimes antagonistic, offering info but at the same time refusing to answer follow up questions: 

By the way, they say he contacted them in 2019 after they published the whistleblower's voicemail, and they only contacted him back a year later to ask if he would like to tell his side of the story in this podcast, so I believe this is what Lutfi mentions in 2020's message to Lynne when he says "the b gram girls would like to speak to you as well".

• Love 2

Whoa. 

Here's something strange...

I was just pouring over the text of Lynne's declaration looking for the word "October" and couldn't find it through the ABC News website, which lists the entire text:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=4249744&page=1

So, I went back to my original timeline that I'd been working on since 2008, which is saved in an email, and found this:

Feb 5, 2008

"In her request for a harassment order, Lynne says her daughter met Lutfi, whose full first name is Osama, "in or about October 2007" and that he has "essentially moved into Britney's home and has purported to take control of her life, home and finances."

https://www.eonline.com/news/57411/lynne_sam_drugged_controlled_britney

So I click on the link above, and sure enough, that's what the E! website says!

Then I just went to check the original text of the declaration, and what do you know?

The ABC News transcript is accurate...There is no mention of "in or about October 2007" in Lynne's declaration.

I can't find a reference to October 2007 after a light skim of "Through The Storm," either.

:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Now who would insert that line into the E! article?!

That was February 5, 2008, the day after Adam Streisand was ejected from the courtroom while trying to represent Britney...Michael Sands made his statement on Feb. 12, 2008, the same day she called Jon Eardley for the first time:

So...Lynne never really mentioned October, and the only person who did was Michael Sands who did PR for Lutfi and had previously worked for MVK (who Lutfi claimed to work for as well, in Feb'07).

This suggests Lutfi is actually the one interested in having people believe he only appeared in Britney's life barely 4 months before the 5150s. We know this isn't true, so: why did he want to spread this story? Something to hide?

• Love 2
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

One of these days I’m going to learn that you are always right 😁

What are you thinking now—did Lynne **** B rehab #2 or rehab #3? I’m thinking rehab #2, the first night of Promises.

Risperdal and Seroquel combo is a chemical restraint they give to dementia patients like candy in Cali…that’s from personal experience w my mom. When we moved her to a different state for better treatment the new place was shocked that this “zombie cocktail” was ever given

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

So...Lynne never really mentioned October, and the only person who did was Michael Sands who did PR for Lutfi and had previously worked for MVK (who Lutfi claimed to work for as well, in Feb'07).

This suggests Lutfi is actually the one interested in having people believe he only appeared in Britney's life barely 4 months before the 5150s. We know this isn't true, so: why did he want to spread this story? Something to hide?

Hmmm

well at this point the burden of evidence points to Lutfi being some sort of person hired to force someone into rehab against their will…is that something we all agree on?

so Lutfi might want to not be associated with his real role. But also, he might have been trying to distance himself from B’s drugging, because he expected Lynne to blame him, which she did.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Hmmm

well at this point the burden of evidence points to Lutfi being some sort of person hired to force someone into rehab against their will…is that something we all agree on?

so Lutfi might want to not be associated with his real role. But also, he might have been trying to distance himself from B’s drugging, because he expected Lynne to blame him, which she did.

Lynne and Lou's official time frame appears to be this line from the declaration, which was written February 6, 2008, but references a conversation that occurred on January 28, 2008:

"He then proclaimed that he has been in the family for a year and that he had done nothing but good for Britney. At this point, it was two or three in the morning. Britney was meandering around the house. She would let me hug her, but she was out of it."

A year places his entrance into their lives at late-January or early-February 2007.

Sounds about right. 

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

So Lynne ***** B for rehab #2? Feb 20–first night of promises?

We need to re-jig this timeline.

Britney entered rehab the morning of February 20th and spent "less than 24 hours" there...Meaning she was in Promises the night of Feb. 20th.

The drugging by Lynne would have had to have happened either the night of February 19th (which doesn't make much sense) or the morning of February 20th.

Or...Lynne did it the night of February 21st, after Britney had already been to see Blair Berk, and, later that night after Britney had met Kevin at their Malibu residence.

Key date: (now re-worded)

Feb. 20, 2007 - That morning, Britney checks into Promises rehabilitation center in Los Angeles. She spends the night at the facility.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We need to re-jig this timeline.

Britney entered rehab the morning of February 20th and spent "less than 24 hours" there...Meaning she was in Promises the night of Feb. 20th.

The drugging by Lynne would have had to have happened either the night of February 19th (which doesn't make much sense) or the morning of February 20th.

Or...Lynne did it the night of February 21st, after Britney had already been to see Blair Berk, and, later that night after Britney had met Kevin at their Malibu residence.

Key date: (now re-worded)

Feb. 20, 2007 - That morning, Britney checks into Promises rehabilitation center in Los Angeles. She spends the night at the facility.

How do we know she entered the AM on Feb 20?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block