Was Britney Railroaded into Rehab? : A Research Thread

Has anyone ever seen this footage from the night of February 21, 2007?

"The Web site of syndicated TV show Extra said there was video showing her driving through the gates of the luxury Promises center with her mother."

Link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britney-idUSN2020353820070222

And yes, this footage must be from the night of February 21st since Britney was inside Promises on the night of February 20th.

These gossip blogs may get February 20th and February 21st mixed up, but not a single one has claimed that Britney entered Promises on the night of February 19th (she entered the morning of February 20th and stayed "less than 24 hours" before checking out to visit Blair Berk by 8:38 am PST on February 21st).

February 21, 2007:

"After leaving the exclusive Promises rehab center in Malibu, and less than 24 hours after checking in, Britney went back to the same tattoo parlor she visited Friday night after shaving her head.

The only problem was the ink shop was closed!

On Tuesday, “Extra” spotted Britney on the grounds of Promises as she smoked a cigarette and wore pants that still had the size stickers from the store.

Now, sources tell us Brit has finally returned home to her Malibu mansion."

and 

"On Wednesday, People magazine's Julie Dam gave us the dish on the breaking new details of how Britney's father, Jamie, staged an intervention during dinner at L.A.'s Stevie's Creole Bar and Cafe on Sunday night.

“Witnesses say they were deep in conversation and it seemed like it was serious,” Dam dished."

Link: https://extratv.com/2007/02/21/spears-skips-out-of-rehab-hops-to-l-a-tattoo-parlor/

So...

This is the second mention of Britney going out for dinner with Jamie at the Creole Bar...I'm going to say that's enough to enter it into the official Timeline.

Also...

This is the second mention of Britney returning to the "Malibu mansion" on the night of the 21st. This confirms what X17 reported as well, and also confirms that the series of events (that I think @Tar_isa and I were talking about earlier?) actually happened all on the same night.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

How do we know she entered the AM on Feb 20?

X17 and a few other gossip blogs report the next day that she "checked out less than 24 hours" after entering rehab.

If she had left rehab by 8:38 am PST on Feb. 21st then she must have checked in after 8:38 am on the morning of Feb. 20th.

Link: https://www.x17online.com/2007/02/breaking_news_britney_leaves_rehab

The night of Feb. 20th, X17 had a pap monitoring Promises "until 4 am" and didn't see her leave. X17 also snapped her on the grounds of Promises on Feb. 20th...So I think it's safe to say that X17 was monitoring Promises waiting for pics.

• Like 3

We're starting to hone in on Britney's movements on the night of February 21, 2007. 

It's all starting to jive. :kfed_kevin_federline_popozao_jamming_dancing:

It's "Extra" who gives us the details, but in three separate articles:

Feb. 21, 2007 - Sources tell "Extra" that Britney visits her Malibu home.

Source: https://extratv.com/2007/02/21/spears-skips-out-of-rehab-hops-to-l-a-tattoo-parlor/

Feb. 21, 2007 - About 8:45 pm: "Extra" reports in a separate article that Britney arrives at "Kevin Federline's residence." 

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20070303104151/https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253618,00.html

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 9:30 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is picked up from "Kevin Federline's house" in a vehicle driven by her mother, Lynne.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20070303104151/https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253618,00.html

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:20 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney and Lynne are observed to be driving around while arguing.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:33 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is driven to Promises by her mother Lynne and checks back into rehab for the third time. In a third article, "Extra" claims video exists of Britney and Lynne entering the gates of Promises for a minimum 30-day stay.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britney-idUSN2020353820070222

Source: https://www.heraldnet.com/news/britney-enters-rehab-in-malibu/

Edited by Steel Magnolia

An updated timeline...

Keep an eye on the word "Malibu" ...Because it's the location of the house that Britney shared with Kevin Federline.

Here we go...

Feb. 20, 2007 - According to Lynne Spears, “Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” Two paragraphs later, Lynne admits that the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi.

Feb. 20, 2007 - On either the morning of Tuesday, February 20 or the night of Wednesday, February 21, while at the apartment of her brother Bryan, and in the presence of celebrity interventionist Betty Wyman, Britney is unknowingly fed an unidentified medication by her mother, Lynne Spears. According to Lutfi:

"Yes, Lynne was at her sons Bryans apt in Marina Del , I believe Betty Wineman, an interventionist was present, as well as Alli Sims and there was another women[sic] there at the time. According to Lynne, she sent the unnamed woman to the pharmacy at the Ralphs Grocery Store next door to pick up an RX that she had called in, when the woman brought the pills to the apt, Lynne claims she took a pill crushed it on the kitchen counter and wiped the contents into Britneys Red Bull, in which Britney drank, passed out and later was driven to promises."

Feb. 20, 2007 - On Tuesday morning, Britney checks into Promises rehabilitation center in Los Angeles. She spends the night at the facility.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Kevin Federline is granted an ex parte ["emergency" or "without notice") court hearing, presumably to request full custody of their two infant sons. The hearing is scheduled by Mark Vincent Kaplan. The date is set for Thursday, February 22.

Feb. 21 2007 - Early Wednesday morning, Britney checks out of Promises after less than 24-hours and is driven by Alli Sims to meet with prominent criminal defence attorney Blair Berk, of Tarlow & Berk. She stays until almost 12:30 pm.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Alli Sims drives Britney to the Bel Air Hotel.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7 pm, Britney is observed by X17 photographers to ring the bell three times at the gate of Kevin Federline's Tarzana residence. Kevin is inside with their two toddlers.

Feb. 21, 2007 - With Alli Sims driving, Britney departs Kevin's house and heads to a Mobil gas station in Tarzana. She exits the car and assaults the vehicle of paparazzo Daniel Ramos with an umbrella.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7:30 pm, X17 photographers observe as Kevin Federline leaves his house and heads to Malibu's Serra Retreat to meet with Britney at their former home.

Feb. 21, 2007 - About 8:45 pm: "Extra" reports in a separate article that Britney arrives at "Kevin Federline's house."

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 9:30 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is picked up from "Kevin Federline's house" in a vehicle driven by her mother, Lynne.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:20 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney and Lynne are observed to be driving around while arguing.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:33 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is driven to Promises by her mother Lynne and checks back into rehab for the third time. In a third article, "Extra" claims video exists of Britney and Lynne entering the gates of Promises for a minimum 30-day stay.

Feb. 22, 2007 - On Thursday, the emergency child custody hearing scheduled for later in the day is cancelled. Both Jamie Spears and Mark Vincent Kaplan deny that the hearing was scheduled to take place, calling the news "misinformation."

Edited by Steel Magnolia
4 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

An updated timeline...

Keep an eye on the word "Malibu" ...Because it's the location of the house that Britney shared with Kevin Federline.

Here we go...

Feb. 20, 2007 - According to Lynne Spears, “Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” Two paragraphs later, Lynne admits that the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi.

Feb. 20, 2007 - On either the morning of Tuesday, February 20 or the night of Wednesday, February 21, while at the apartment of her brother Bryan, and in the presence of celebrity interventionist Betty Wyman, Britney is unknowingly fed an unidentified medication by her mother, Lynne Spears. According to Lutfi:

"Yes, Lynne was at her sons Bryans apt in Marina Del , I believe Betty Wineman, an interventionist was present, as well as Alli Sims and there was another women[sic] there at the time. According to Lynne, she sent the unnamed woman to the pharmacy at the Ralphs Grocery Store next door to pick up an RX that she had called in, when the woman brought the pills to the apt, Lynne claims she took a pill crushed it on the kitchen counter and wiped the contents into Britneys Red Bull, in which Britney drank, passed out and later was driven to promises."

Feb. 20, 2007 - On Tuesday morning, Britney checks into Promises rehabilitation center in Los Angeles. She spends the night at the facility.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Kevin Federline is granted an ex parte ["emergency" or "without notice") court hearing, presumably to request full custody of their two infant sons. The hearing is scheduled by Mark Vincent Kaplan. The date is set for Thursday, February 22.

Feb. 21 2007 - Early Wednesday morning, Britney checks out of Promises after less than 24-hours and is driven by Alli Sims to meet with prominent criminal defence attorney Blair Berk, of Tarlow & Berk. She stays until almost 12:30 pm.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Alli Sims drives Britney to the Bel Air Hotel.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7 pm, Britney is observed by X17 photographers to ring the bell three times at the gate of Kevin Federline's Tarzana residence. Kevin is inside with their two toddlers.

Feb. 21, 2007 - With Alli Sims driving, Britney departs Kevin's house and heads to a Mobil gas station in Tarzana. She exits the car and assaults the vehicle of paparazzo Daniel Ramos with an umbrella.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7:30 pm, X17 photographers observe as Kevin Federline leaves his house and heads to Malibu's Serra Retreat to meet with Britney at their former home.

Feb. 21, 2007 - About 8:45 pm: "Extra" reports in a separate article that Britney arrives at "Kevin Federline's residence."

Feb. 22, 2007 - On Thursday, the emergency child custody hearing scheduled for later in the day is cancelled. Both Jamie Spears and Mark Vincent Kaplan deny that the hearing was scheduled to take place, calling the news "misinformation."

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

YES! If you change "Kevin Federline's residence" for "Britney's Malibu home" it all fits perfectly.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

YES! If you change "Kevin Federline's residence" for "Britney's Malibu home" it all fits perfectly.

You were right...

"X17online.com is reporting that Spears went to Federline’s house Wednesday night. Their two young sons were inside the house, and Federline would not let Spears inside. Spears then turned on the cameramen outside the home flailing her arms and hitting the cameras."

~~~~> First source: X17 paps, who photographed the umbrella incident. This source considers the Tarzana location to be "Kevin Federline's house."

"According to "Extra," Spears was picked up by her mother from Federline’s house at 9:30 p.m., where she had spent approximately 45 minutes. At 10:20 p.m., Lynne Spears was driving Spears and the two were seen arguing in the car.

Spears was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt over her head and was curled up in a ball in the front passenger seat. Spears and her mother arrived at the center at 10:33 p.m."

~~~~> Second source: Extra. This source considers the Malibu location to be "Kevin Federline's house."

Both sources are correct!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You were right...

"X17online.com is reporting that Spears went to Federline’s house Wednesday night. Their two young sons were inside the house, and Federline would not let Spears inside. Spears then turned on the cameramen outside the home flailing her arms and hitting the cameras."

~~~~> First source: X17 paps, who photographed the umbrella incident. This source considers the Tarzana location to be "Kevin Federline's house."

"According to "Extra," Spears was picked up by her mother from Federline’s house at 9:30 p.m., where she had spent approximately 45 minutes. At 10:20 p.m., Lynne Spears was driving Spears and the two were seen arguing in the car.

Spears was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt over her head and was curled up in a ball in the front passenger seat. Spears and her mother arrived at the center at 10:33 p.m."

~~~~> Second source: Extra. This source considers the Malibu location to be "Kevin Federline's house."

Both sources are correct!

So, if Lynne *allegedly* spiked Britney's redbull at Bryan's apartment in Marina del Rey, then this kind of implies that 'intervention' happened on the morning of Tuesday, February 20th, right? 

And if MVK filed that ex parte custody hearing... was it staged so she would be in rehab and caught off guard and Kevin got the kids? Or worst case scenario she left rehab to fight back, so her reputation was severely damaged either way. A win-win for KFed's camp, and even Lynne&Jamie who were presumably in agreement with KFed.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

So, if Lynne *allegedly* spiked Britney's redbull at Bryan's apartment in Marina del Rey, then this kind of implies that 'intervention' happened on the morning of Tuesday, February 20th, right? 

And if MVK filed that ex parte custody hearing... was it staged so she would be in rehab and caught off guard and Kevin got the kids? Or worst case scenario she left rehab to fight back, so her reputation was severely damaged either way. A win-win for KFed's camp, and even Lynne&Jamie who were presumably in agreement with KFed.

Oooooh...

Here's the full paragraph from Lynne's book:

“Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. "There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu house,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” Lynne says, "Immediately, I called the security guards at the Malibu house and asked them to check the house for *****. While I knew Kevin would never hurt my daughter like that, and I highly doubted her assistants would either, things were so fragile with Britney at the time that I wasn't taking any chances. She had just lost custody of the boys to Kevin, and she was at a very low ebb. It was midnight, but I turned around and drove to Britney's house and met her assistant, Allie. Along with the guards, we combed the house, and no ***** whatsoever were to be found. Nonetheless, Allie and I were scared to death. I didn't hear from this mysterious person again until months later...When I told him his theory had proved wrong, he protested: "There were *****; you just didn't find them," he said, earnestly." Several paragraphs later, Lynne admits the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi."

Items of note:

• The house was shared by Britney and Kevin.
  • Lynne received the call at midnight.
  • Alli Sims met Lynne at the Malibu house.
  • Multiple security guards were witnesses.
  • Britney had "just lost custody of the boys to Kevin."

Ummmm...

"She had just lost custody of the boys to Kevin, and she was at a very low ebb."

What?!

Taking the other details at face value...How does that affect the timeline?

• Love 1

Things we don't know:

• Britney's whereabouts on the night of Monday, February 19th.
  • The legal arrangement between Britney and Kevin from the moment she left for Antigua with Larry.
  • When the "intervention" occurred with Betty Wyman (morning of Tues, Feb. 20 or night of Wed, Feb. 21).
  • Other?

We now know Lynne allegedly received a call from Sam Lutfi at midnight some time between Feb. 16 and Feb. 20th saying there were ***** planted in the home that Britney shared with Kevin. We also know Alli Sims and multiple security guards helped search the house.

How much do you want to bet Lynne received the phone call on the night of Monday, February 19th?

38 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Sorry, to actually answer your questions...

Yes to both.

This does imply that the intervention with Betty Wyman occurred on the morning of Tuesday, February 20th.

And yes, it does appear to be timed so that Kevin would file for an emergency hearing once Britney was already in Promises.

I've also been wondering...

Why would Kevin agree to meet Britney at the Malibu house on the night of Feb. 21st?

Because he wanted to talk to her face to face without allowing her to see the boys? To throw the paps off their trail?

Or because of something else? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Love 1

"The Firm stepped down from managing her, without making a cent, because they were no longer able to speak with her directly: Her phone is now answered by Osamah Lutfi, also known as Sam, a jovial thirty-three-year-old who a friend of Britney’s describes as her “life coach.” They met at a party in 2007, and he called her then-assistant, Kalie Machado, to meet at a Santa Monica Starbucks. According to Machado, Lutfi told her that he worked for Federline as a private eye, and he knew that there was a tap on Britney’s phone and a warrant to search her Malibu home for *****. (Federline’s rep has denied any connection.) Lutfi has had two temporary restraining orders issued against him for harassment."

Link: https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-tragedy-of-britney-spears-2-254735/

26 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Oooooh...

Here's the full paragraph from Lynne's book:

“Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. "There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu house,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” Lynne says, "Immediately, I called the security guards at the Malibu house and asked them to check the house for *****. While I knew Kevin would never hurt my daughter like that, and I highly doubted her assistants would either, things were so fragile with Britney at the time that I wasn't taking any chances. She had just lost custody of the boys to Kevin, and she was at a very low ebb. It was midnight, but I turned around and drove to Britney's house and met her assistant, Allie. Along with the guards, we combed the house, and no ***** whatsoever were to be found. Nonetheless, Allie and I were scared to death. I didn't hear from this mysterious person again until months later...When I told him his theory had proved wrong, he protested: "There were *****; you just didn't find them," he said, earnestly." Several paragraphs later, Lynne admits the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi."

Maybe unimportant but just out of curiosity, here's Kalie Machado had to say about Lutfi, as printed by In Touch. Very similar m.o. to the Lynne call on February 19th:

"Kalie Machado claims that while she was Britney’s assistant, she received a call from a man “at a restricted number” who said he was a private investigator working for Brit’s ex husband Kevin Federline. That man was Sam. “He said he had incriminating evidence on Britney and he was going to hand it over to me,” she recalls. “We arranged to meet in a Santa Monica Starbucks.”

Kalie was nervous, so she brought her roommate with her. She says she spent 20 minutes listening to Sam talk and when she demanded to see the evidence, he instead “asked all kinds of stalkerish questions – like when we leave the house and where Britney and I went.”

Finally, Kalie realized that Sam had nothing and left. “I got more calls from Sam after that,” she remembers, “but I just ignored them.”

Kalie stopped working for Britney… in February, 2007 and moved to San Francisco. Months later, she says she saw a photo on the Internet that made her stomach drop. “It was Britney, standing next to the man I met in Starbucks – Sam Lutfi. I got a chill down my spine.

Kalie worked from Britney from December 2006 to February 2007, so that call from Lutfi happened in that timeframe. 

source: https://www.cele*****y.com/9838/sam_lutfi_stalked_britney_before_befriending_her_claims_her_ex_assistant/

7 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Maybe unimportant but just out of curiosity, here's Kalie Machado had to say about Lutfi, as printed by In Touch. Very similar m.o. to the Lynne call on February 19th:

"Kalie Machado claims that while she was Britney’s assistant, she received a call from a man “at a restricted number” who said he was a private investigator working for Brit’s ex husband Kevin Federline. That man was Sam. “He said he had incriminating evidence on Britney and he was going to hand it over to me,” she recalls. “We arranged to meet in a Santa Monica Starbucks.”

Kalie was nervous, so she brought her roommate with her. She says she spent 20 minutes listening to Sam talk and when she demanded to see the evidence, he instead “asked all kinds of stalkerish questions – like when we leave the house and where Britney and I went.”

Finally, Kalie realized that Sam had nothing and left. “I got more calls from Sam after that,” she remembers, “but I just ignored them.”

Kalie stopped working for Britney… in February, 2007 and moved to San Francisco. Months later, she says she saw a photo on the Internet that made her stomach drop. “It was Britney, standing next to the man I met in Starbucks – Sam Lutfi. I got a chill down my spine.

Kalie worked from Britney from December 2006 to February 2007, so that call from Lutfi happened in that timeframe. 

source: https://www.cele*****y.com/9838/sam_lutfi_stalked_britney_before_befriending_her_claims_her_ex_assistant/

Did you see the quote I just posted from Rolling Stone?

So he told Kalie there was a warrant to search the Malibu home for *****.

Note that it's not Britney's home that Lutfi mentions to both Lynne and Kalie...It's the Malibu home that Kevin is able to give him access to.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Nazarian is proud of the fact that he never kept records on his clients and therefore wasn’t in any danger of repercussions like other PIs (Pellicano). Lutfi wasn’t as smooth - he obviously got caught sharing info later. Lutfi was definitely recording his own line (see 2019 weird leaked phone transcript to Lynne).

I originally thought the same...

But the transcript showed up in the court documents for the RO...So I'm assuming that James Spears and Black Box Security were monitoring the phone line, and then produced the transcript for the RO.

The Blast likely paid for the documents, or if they were secretive due to the case being moved over to JAMS, then it's possible that James' side leaked the transcript to discredit Lynne as she was attempting to make her moves in the probate court.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

By the way, they say he contacted them in 2019 after they published the whistleblower's voicemail, and they only contacted him back a year later to ask if he would like to tell his side of the story in this podcast, so I believe this is what Lutfi mentions in 2020's message to Lynne when he says "the b gram girls would like to speak to you as well".

If that's what they claim, either their story doesn't jive....Or Lutfi was lying to Lynne.

(Which wouldn't be a shocker.)

Key dates:

Apr. 16, 2019 - A recording is leaked by the Britney's Gram podcast in which a paralegal claims that Britney was forced into a mental health facility against her will after refusing to take her medication during Domination rehearsals.

Apr. 29, 2019 - Sam Lutfi sends Lynne Spears a long message and $1,000, asking her to lawyer up and fight for control of the conservatorship. He tells her the "b gram girls would like to speak to you as well."

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

What are you thinking now—did Lynne **** B rehab #2 or rehab #3? I’m thinking rehab #2, the first night of Promises.

Risperdal and Seroquel combo is a chemical restraint they give to dementia patients like candy in Cali…that’s from personal experience w my mom. When we moved her to a different state for better treatment the new place was shocked that this “zombie cocktail” was ever given

I'm going with the morning of Rehab #2.

The morning of Tuesday, February 20th...Unless she did it the night of Wednesday, February 21st at the Malibu house that Britney shared with Kevin. If so, it was only effective long enough to get Britney into the car.

But Lutfi was specific that it occurred at Bryan's apartment in Marina Del Rey...Which, by the way, has not one, but two Ralph's locations right next door to either end of the marina. So that detail of his story jives.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block