Jamie Lynn Spears PT2 on Call Her Daddy: I Tried To Free Britney in 2016

Not sticking up for JL in any way as I don't like-

A) The timing of this book & the questionable press interviews.

B) How she continues to state it's not about Britney but continues to talk about nothing other than her sister.

C) Her marriage choice.

However the idea behind the book (whether its genuine or not is another issue) is that she is also a member of the Spears family who has suffered her own version of 'trauma'. We can of course argue that it's nothing compared to what her sister has gone through. FACT. However I do believe her voice has been silenced her whole life and that will cause significant issues for someone. 

My personal opinion is that I agree she should be able to speak her 'truth' & use her voice. Although I think this should be with an qualified therapist. Not an ill-timed book release with these promo slots.

I don't know about anyone else but... the takeaway from both parts of the podcasts for me... was a dislike for the callherdaddy presenter rather than JL. She is the one asking all the Britney-related questions. Of course JL could decline to answer. But it was like-

'and where were you when you found out she shaved her head?'

'and what do you mean by acting erratic?'

'you said she had a knife. Start from the beginning'

'what did you text your sister?'

'did she respond?'

'has she messaged you'

blah blah blah blah. STOP. She can spin it as a 'JL interview' all she likes. But it is clearly another 'Britney's sister interview'. 

JL has said as much as she can say & I hope she's right in saying it's the last time she'll be talking about it. I think a lot of fans need to remember we are not involved with any of this family drama and stop the tagging & horrendous abuse as something bad could end up happening. Especially as JL is expressing her mental health issues (whether we believe her or not). Over this JL phase tbh. 

I obviously love B speaking up and finally using her voice. It's all we've wanted for so long now. But there's just something with this one that feels a bit off or distasteful or something. Can't put my finger on how I feel. I just wish they'd take it private as it's very high school airing out these family-drama rants to each other via social media. Maybe just not my thing. 

Spoiler

But I'm still excited for the notes app era in general & what could come in the future ha :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Like 2

I still haven't made up my mind about what I think about all of this. I'm not even sure if it really is for me to have an opinion about all of the many facets that this this whole dispute between Britney and Jamie Lynn encompasses. However, I think it is extremely manipulative of Alexandra Cooper to facilitate and to egg on this dispute and I'm rather disgusted by that. Alexandra Cooper knows exactly what she was doing by painting a sympathetic picture of Jamie Lynn in the first episode so she could milk talking about Britney is the second episode with maximum impact and maximum controversy without having to ask critical questions. It's clearly all business to her. She knows her target audience and she knows what engages them. I mean, she's a business woman, as she should, am I right? Nevertheless, it feels unethical to me that Alexandra Cooper used Jamie Lynn's vulnerability like this for her own gain. Big fat yikes. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Not sticking up for JL in any way as I don't like-

A) The timing of this book & the questionable press interviews.

B) How she continues to state it's not about Britney but continues to talk about nothing other than her sister.

C) Her marriage choice.

However the idea behind the book (whether its genuine or not is another issue) is that she is also a member of the Spears family who has suffered her own version of 'trauma'. We can of course argue that it's nothing compared to what her sister has gone through. FACT. However I do believe her voice has been silenced her whole life and that will cause significant issues for someone. 

My personal opinion is that I agree she should be able to speak her 'truth' & use her voice. Although I think this should be with an qualified therapist. Not an ill-timed book release with these promo slots.

I don't know about anyone else but... the takeaway from both parts of the podcasts for me... was a dislike for the callherdaddy presenter rather than JL. She is the one asking all the Britney-related questions. Of course JL could decline to answer. But it was like-

'and where were you when you found out she shaved her head?'

'and what do you mean by acting erratic?'

'you said she had a knife. Start from the beginning'

'what did you text your sister?'

'did she respond?'

'has she messaged you'

blah blah blah blah. STOP. She can spin it as a 'JL interview' all she likes. But it is clearly another 'Britney's sister interview'. 

JL has said as much as she can say & I hope she's right in saying it's the last time she'll be talking about it. I think a lot of fans need to remember we are not involved with any of this family drama and stop the tagging & horrendous abuse as something bad could end up happening. Especially as JL is expressing her mental health issues (whether we believe her or not). Over this JL phase tbh. 

I obviously love B speaking up and finally using her voice. It's all we've wanted for so long now. But there's just something with this one that feels a bit off or distasteful or something. Can't put my finger on how I feel. I just wish they'd take it private as it's very high school airing out these family-drama rants to each other via social media. Maybe just not my thing. 

Hide contents

But I'm still excited for the notes app era in general & what could come in the future ha :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Thank you !!!!

That text was planned to cover herself after doing NOTHING. She wanted to plant some "receipts" but failed miserably. She really is not smart, is she?

And she is STILL siding with Jamie. We knew Jamie was a POS, and we knew to an extent he was controlling and abusive and HE put her in this (with Lynne apparently!), and he is to blame. Ingham is also to blame and he also needs to be disbarred and also made to repay the money he made during the 13 years as well as criminal charges against him. Jamie Lynn is guilty too for doing NOTHING and now selling her sister out even more, defending her abusers. Shame on her. I have zero respect for this brat and never will again. I use to like her BECAUSE of Britney, just like how I liked Lynne and Bryan (never liked the pos Dad. We all knew he was.) but I liked JL, Lynne and Bryan because of Britney and I thought they were a good family but they all turned out to be leeches and narcissists who only care about themselves and BRITNEY'S money.

Sorry but this family will never recover after what they did to Britney and they shouldn't. We saw how good she was to these people, she even bought her mother Serenity and to protect her against the abusive father, but instead JL attacks Britney for buying the mother a house and helping her get away??? Is Jamie Lynn ******* NUTS or dumb? I know she only thinks about herself, but Britney actually thought about others unlike you, you miserable troll.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Applejack said:

Rosengart did surprise them. Jamie's team changed tactics in a jiffy, remember? In June 2021 they were adamant that Jamie was gonna still be a conservator and Britney needed the conservatorship, and then by August 2021 (I think) they wanted termination. They wanted termination because they did not want to hand files to the new conservator and they realized they had no chance of preventing that from happening. It was a last ditch effort.

JL announced the book a year ago, I think? No one had any idea that the conservatorship was going to be terminated by now.

Exactly. The book was announced a year ago, so by november 2020 she already knew she was going to publish it, and she was covering her *** and doing team con's damage control to avoid the end of the con.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, ROL said:

She definitely tried to help when she put Britney in contact with outside judges/lawyers. She definitely tried to help when she offered Britney to come live with her in attempt to dissolve the cship. And she definitely tried to help her by exposing old funny-looking sam ingham and letting Britney know she was being sabotaged by him. Now, she could have definitely helped more, I would agree with that. But sam Ingham should have been doing his job, not the opposite of it.

all of these "proofs" are from ONE message directed to "My sister" in her phone, which wasn't even delivered.

Believe what you want but for me, this screams SET UP. 0 help.

(FYI is JL deaf and blind or what? outside lawyers for what? if her only one lawyer was kicked out from the court room because BRITNEY didn't have capacity to hire a lawyer. Move to other country how? if she was surrounded by security and teams monitoring her? don't be kidding me please.)

ZERO HELP

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

I really don't get how people expect Britney to take it private when JL is literally writing books about her and sharing her private messages on trashy podcasts...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Serenity Rain said:

Alex from Call Her Daddy says this episode is the biggest, most downloaded, most watched episode of her entire podcast in less than 24 hours. :gagaf_wtf_dance_green_um_random:

Well, cause it's all about Britney and the conservatorship.... and the feedbacks are negative so..... doesnt matter

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block