Britney issues a cease and desist to Jamie Lynn via Mathew Rosengart!!

8 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Nope. It stops being free speech when the statement said is untrue and it causes damage, harm, pain and/or hurt.

But how can Britney prove that its not true that she was not erratic and held the knife? And proving damage is so hard specially that public opinion is heavily with Britney. Im just asking so I can learn how the law works.

1 minute ago, fays1 said:

But how can Britney prove that its not true that she was not erratic and held the knife? And proving damage is so hard specially that public opinion is heavily with Britney. Im just asking so I can learn how the law works.

I think the burden falls on Jamie Lynn she would have to prove it is true to back up her statements. Which she wouldn't be able to do unless she has like a video or picture of it 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, fays1 said:

There is a videotape of Jamie Liar being erratic with a big knife in a restaurant... But no proof at all with Britney and "the knife incident"

The irony of it ALL :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 8
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I think the burden falls on Jamie Lynn she would have to prove it is true to back up her statements. Which she wouldn't be able to do unless she has like a video or picture of it 

If this is true then is it possible that in the future Britney won’t be able to have an interview and say her side of the story as she can be given the same letter as she will speak of her experience and I doubt she will have proof of everything that has happened?

• Like 1
Just now, timito said:

If this is true then is it possible that in the future Britney won’t be able to have an interview and say her side of the story as she can be given the same letter as she will speak of her experience and I doubt she will have proof of everything that has happened?

I think there are some exceptions. The claims have to be defamatory like they have to be harmful to the person. But I'm no legal expert I don't know all the details.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, timito said:

Not quite.

Britney has the money and leverage here.

Also... Britney's claims are backed through eyewitnesses (documentaries) and legal paper trail.

Her family is having a hard time with their money, let alone trying to sue Britney with money they do not have.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Busybee said:

So I personally cant write a book about my childhood and how my father abused me because I have no proof that he did abuse me?

1 minute ago, fays1 said:

So I personally cant write a book about my childhood and how my father abused me because I have no proof that he did abuse me?

It depends if it's well-known or documented.

You can write about it but if someone has an issue with what you wrote, they can sue you. In the cases of falsified autobiographies, publishers are forced to retract the claims in the book and put a disclaimer, saying something to the effect of dramatization, OR some events may be unaccounted/untrue.

Basically an unreliable narrator.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

WOW

My thoughts exactly. I need time to process this. I can’t keep up with the threads, read the documents and Twitter breaking news updates. But I’m so happy that Britney is taking control of life and Rosengart is their to assist her down this legal path. When all is said and done I believe Britney will be victorious!!

• Love 3

I can't keep up. Every hour something new drops 🥴🥴🥴

This is the 4th Great Ninja war arc or the last two episodes of Demon Slayer season 2 equivalent in the "Britney Spears series" 🤣🤣 Fans have been waiting 13 years for this. And it's literally coming out how we thought it would but even better 💀💀feels breaking dawn GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block