JL's ego in her book is insaaaane

2 hours ago, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

Y'all, I can't say I'm surprised but even I'm a little shocked at how overtly egotistical and into herself she is, and not just when talking about Britney. In the first chapter alone, she says:

"I brought love and light into everyone’s life."
"As it turned out, I was a delightful baby who brought her so much joy..."
"...I was entertaining from toddlerhood onward."
"In my early years, I was the princess."
"Britney took on the responsibility of cleaning and dressing me, and she dedicated herself to making me look perfectly adorable every time."
"
I came into the world with a big personality and learned early how to get attention. Everyone’s response to my antics only made me want more attention and I did anything I could to hold on to the spotlight."

Yikes. Does this nauseate anyone else? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Also, this book sounds like it was written by a low-budget Blanche Devoreaux, I totally get wanting to share your story, especially as a writer myself. 100 % support it as a way to work through your trauma. But couldn't they have at least tried to make it sound like she put these sentences together? Lawd.

EDIT: omg I'm onto chapter 2 and it has somehow gotten worse....

"Momma tells me she knew the minute I started talking that I was a natural-born performer...I always had an audience. There’s just something about getting a response from other people that I’ve always loved."
"...I relished receiving accolades from everyone."
"My sister’s voice was throaty and strong, while mine was fluid and controlled."
"People said we were different but equally as talented."
"I always sought out ways to get in front of an audience."
"I shot national commercials for Clorox and Pepsi." Does she mean BRITNEY'S commercial?!
"Touring with my sister provided a built-in audience for my own performances."
"Everyone granted me their attention whenever I went into character or did an impersonation. They said, “Jamie Lynn, you’re a natural!”
"...with my own growing fame, security had to be considered whenever I went out and about."

Chapter 3:
"After three seasons on the show I had become a fan favorite, and with rave reviews about my performance and comedic timing."
This little low blow towards her former co-star: "Alexa, who was really into fame
and connections, was excited that my sister wanted to 'speak' with her....her claims seemed designed to garner attention once her fame had waned."

Chapter 4:
"One of the greatest aspects of growing up as the youngest Spears child was having the warmth and attention of everyone in my family."
"Britney always put me front and center—giving me the light."
"He learned quickly that I was the boss."
"She would dress me up and make sure I looked precious." (She literally already talked about this?)
"My sister showered me with attention, love, and praise."
"...she told me that I was talented and going to be an amazing performer."
"...my sister continued to make me the nightly star on the tour bus."
"I wasn’t quite a household name yet, but if we went anywhere together, cameras and lights went off at fantastical speeds."
"I was wrapped up in being me—the tween television star..."

puke GIF

• Haha 1

Not to mention his name, but I cannot stop laughing at the chapter about how awesome she was as a kid because I keep thinking of that documentary where Jamie goes "Jamie Lynn was HORRIBLE" and describes what an annoying kid she was.

OK I just went back and found the video. Her dad says that she was "horrible," "had to be the center of attention" and "agitated everyone." Funny that none of that is in the book.

Edited by KL4521
  • Haha 9

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block