JL's ego in her book is insaaaane

12 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

It's also odd that they explained what Snowballs were but not Pitocin. 

i think they did that because snowballs can also be an alcoholic drink.

I've read the whole book nearly twice now (boredom, babysitting) and she attacks everyone but Lou in it.  She says Lynne loved the attention being Britneys Mom got, Jamie - huge swathes of the book devoted to him being an alcoholic but she contradicts herself and says he didn't live with them from when Lynnes home was built? Britney - she says was extremely exhausted from working so much at a young age. Bryan was not the son Jamie wanted and he always felt less for it. But of course, she comes out shining... 

one take away from the book is how often Lou is mentioned, she visits her after Maddie is born multiple times, she then has JL move to the same place as her. She even says halfway through that she suspects Lynne was/is jealous of her relationship with Ms Lou.

• Like 2

The girl needs to go back to counselling. She is obviously very jealous of her sister and has some serious resentments about living in the shadows of her superstar sister. 

My problem with her is how CLUELESS she is about how much hard work and dedication it took for Britney to get to that level. She has never worked that hard in her life. And she DID have everything handed to her! If it wasn't for Britney, she never would have gotten any of the gigs she got!! 

And now she is so ******* stupid comparing herself and her pregnancy and being "controlled" to Britney. She never in her LIFE had the level of control that Britney had imposed on her. She has NO CLUE. I'm so glad this book backfired on her. THE WORST TIMING and so incredibly selfish of her to try and silence Britney and not let HER voice be finally heard!!

• Love 1
  • Like 3

The way she grills everyone but Miss Lou and her father. Lou is intelligent (the only one described as such), assertive, asks the tough questions, defends Jamie Lynn, knows about finances, is a general angel for Jamie Lynn. She also chooses very carefully the words with which she describes her father. He was a hard worker that struggled in between jobs, he had a drinking problem but his drinking stories were family lore and treated as funny, he was never violent just perfectionist, he helped Britney at her worst and stayed sober in solidarity (despite the fact that the entire book depicts him as an alcoholic and it's incredibly vague about anything Britney except that she mentions her all the time).

Meanwhile Bryan is barely mentioned but always in a negative tone. He couldn't hold a job, couldn't manage money, would go out and party and drink with either Britney or/and his friends and embarrass Jamie Lynn (notice in the book the difference between her depictions of Bryan and Jamie), Jamie Lynn doesn't even know when Sophia was born and he got married, and he didn't meet their father's expectation of having an athlete in the family so he feels inferior. Britney was her second mother, but as she became famous she became distant, "erratic, paranoid, spiraling", would drink and party with Bryan and embarrass JL, the Jason Alexander episode, the JT episode. The only positive story she has for Britney is the "you little devil" one that she took out of her *** because she was 2. Lynne is inept, not assertive, does not stand up for JL (despite JL describing a situation where Lynne did stand up, but she mostly credited Lou anyway), she is passive, a pushover, basically the opposite of Lou.

Not gonna start on Casey, but him too.

• Like 6

She does think she has a career, doesn't she? Haha.

I am going to rename the book: "The delusional ideations of a cluster B type. How a grandiose narcissist/ histrionic creature views the world." I am not dignosing, just renaming the book. 

Also, her dynamics with Miss Lou scream cult indoctrination. These hillbillies, man.

• Haha 2

omg i feel second hand embarrassment. what i always loved about britney was her humbleness, she was (and still is) one of the most beautiful women in the world and she's a legendary music icon, but she was never a conceited brat, even in her early years. she was on top of the world at 18 and was the sweetest human on earth. then here we have jl, who is a child "star" that got everything because of her sister, that wishes she was as iconic as Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan or even Amanda Bynes, talking like she was the next Britney Spears... they were equally as talented? PLEASE. I guess this is what you become when you've been a spoiled brat your whole life. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block