Aaron Carter - Heading Toward A Conservatorship

IconicShow

I've struggled like many people with mental health and not realizing how dangerous you are acting or that you maybe in some delusion or psychosis. You hear the stories and his family and pretty much everyone in his life say he needs help so he appears to actually need the help. It's different when you appear to be a danger to other people. Like it's not a popular opinion but like Amanda Bynes lighting fires in peoples driveways and soaking her dog in gasoline sometimes people need help but also perhaps him and Amanda should be allowed to be dangerous to the public. 

Not to mention Britney never displayed behaviors like this. People say she was going crazy for cutting her hair, being a young woman and partying and for opening Kitson as 3 a.m....very ridiculous.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

I've struggled like many people with mental health and not realizing how dangerous you are acting or that you maybe in some delusion or psychosis. You hear the stories and his family and pretty much everyone in his life say he needs help so he appears to actually need the help. It's different when you appear to be a danger to other people. Like it's not a popular opinion but like Amanda Bynes lighting fires in peoples driveways and soaking her dog in gasoline sometimes people need help but also perhaps him and Amanda should be allowed to be dangerous to the public. 

Not to mention Britney never displayed behaviors like this. People say she was going crazy for cutting her hair, being a young woman and partying and for opening Kitson as 3 a.m....very ridiculous.  

There are other options than conservatorships, like JAIL. Conservatorships for the  non-rich are almost nonexistent. We have to go through the courts for years before being granted a temporary guardianship over someone with a mental illness like schizophrenia. Even then, its not enough to force them into a psychiatric treatment facility. A lot of mentally ill people also suffer from **** abuse, which is a likely cause that triggered their mental illness. I have become to believe that running the criminally mentally ill through the court systems is the best option we have. Most judges will give them the choice of voluntarily going to a treatment facility OR seve jail time. No matter how "crazy" someone may be, their rights shouldn't be violated. Amanda Bynes wants to set puppies on fire? Charge her with the crime but give her the option to receive mental health treatment.

Just because someone is dying or wasting away their life with ***** doesn't give you the right to force them to seek medical treatment.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

I feel like he is so unstable that may need one...

JUST SAYING :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Eh. It’s cuz he has (or had idk) money. Same with Amanda, Lindsey, Courtney, and Britney  etc. If he was broke and a nobody, his family wouldn’t gaf. follow the money. It’s that messed up side of Hollywood. When u have money but are messy and don’t know who to trust, this happens. This is probably gonna happen to Tana Mongeau in a couple of years (if anyone even knows who that is lmao) she’s not as famous or rich but she’s always in some mess and on Tmz 

• Like 3

To be fair I don't think he was given a choice, the whole carter family forced him into the spotlight as a kid, thanks to nick.

It shows that actually did more damage than good, I think he needs help, but he is probably to damaged at this point, he was never asked what he wanted just forced. 

With nick you can tell this is what he wanted. 

It's like Joe Jackson forcing Janet into a musical career when she had other plans, to begin with. 

She loves it now, but even in her interviews she always stated she wasn't given a choice, joe was hell bent on creating the first successful black family in Music.  Janet had to follow suit. 

@cubasterdYou brought up great arguments. Sometimes it's not as easy as a black and white choice often there is a gray area especially with mental illness sometimes people need help in various different ways. As most people would acknowledge mental illness can arise from **** use but they would also agree it can also be a way a person copes with a mental illness? Running the "criminally ill" through the court system is quite harsh considering the more severe mental disorders like you mentioned schizophrenia and lack of resources especially inside of a prison. In our broken capitalist US healthcare system sometimes people can't afford or have the resources to handle their illness. There should be a better way but there doesn't seem to be one yet but I don't imagine prison is that option. Like you said the option is of punishment vs rehabilitation is a great concept but that choice couldn't be made by someone who lacks the current capacity too and our what if a conservatorship could help heal and restore the individual consciousness perhaps proactively diverting a tragedy. Showing signs of dangerous behavior isn't a crime but what if you could help someone before they hurt someone. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block