When was Madonna's dancing peak compared to when was Britney's dancing peak?

• Content Curators
On 10/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Leolileinstein said:

M is a real DANCER and SHE CAN DANCE, she's not a hip hop dancer (Beyonce, Britney, Jlo or Ciara) or a twerker (Shakira). She can actually dance. She is ATHLETIC, ENERGETIC and HAS THAT STAMINA. She's on the same lane as Janet and Paula Abdul. 

Never call the beautiful cultural dance form belly dancing that comes from rich culture “twerking”

some 1 2 step choreo Madonna does will never match up to belly dancing 

next 

On 10/28/2021 at 4:11 AM, SumoCyco2017 said:

Tap dancing is just flopping ur feet back and forth like ur trying 5o wake them back up, just with metal pieces on the bottom so u hear stuff. No technique or skill required. Thanks tho for that essay, still a shizer dancer 

As a person who took tap dancing lessons as a kid as well as Ballet, cos of Paula Abdul and Michael Jackson. 

Just be honest. You guys like street dancing vs. Classically trained dancing. 

One is more theatrical and is very more Broadway like than the other one which is much easier to imitate.

• Love 1

Madonna's a performer, not a dancer. And I do think there's a difference if you just watch the way she moves vs someone like Britney or Janet. Also for people saying she was a dancer before she became a music artist - she has admitted herself in the past it was just a route to achieve her ambitions of fame and success. I don't think it's some kind of innate talent she has. Performing and creating definitely is a talent she has though.

I do think that Madonna is an underrated dancer, but still no comparison to Brit. Her early hits had some dancing that was a very different style, but still above average. 

When it comes to Brit and Janet at their peaks, I think that’s a tough comparison because of different styles of the times. The late 80s/early 90s had a very specific vibe that Janet slayed and Brit did, too, in MMC, but styles had changed by the time Baby debuted.

I don’t doubt that 2002ney could have slayed Rhythm Nation choreo. I mean, the dance-break from the Boys performance during the 2002 Macy’s 4th of July celebration is a very Janet style (and one of my all time favorite dance moments from any artist). The one thing Brit has on Janet (I think) is she had some some items in her repertoire that I don’t see prime Janet replicating - or at least I can’t think of any examples of her doing these: her splits, her back handsprings, and her high kicks.

Other than that, I think they’re pretty equal, and two of the most iconic dancers the industry has ever seen.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

I do think that Madonna is an underrated dancer, but still no comparison to Brit. Her early hits had some dancing that was a very different style, but still above average. 

When it comes to Brit and Janet at their peaks, I think that’s a tough comparison because of different styles of the times. The late 80s/early 90s had a very specific vibe that Janet slayed and Brit did, too, in MMC, but styles had changed by the time Baby debuted.

I don’t doubt that 2002ney could have slayed Rhythm Nation choreo. I mean, the dance-break from the Boys performance during the 2002 Macy’s 4th of July celebration is a very Janet style (and one of my all time favorite dance moments from any artist). The one thing Brit has on Janet (I think) is she had some some items in her repertoire that I don’t see prime Janet replicating - or at least I can’t think of any examples of her doing these: her splits, her back handsprings, and her high kicks.

Other than that, I think they’re pretty equal, and two of the most iconic dancers the industry has ever seen.

Britney is Janet on steroid lol. 

On 11/1/2021 at 12:11 AM, Britneyarmy8 said:

Never call the beautiful cultural dance form belly dancing that comes from rich culture “twerking”

some 1 2 step choreo Madonna does will never match up to belly dancing 

next 

Compared to what Janet, Paula, Britney, JLO, Ciara, Madonna, Beyoncé and even Tinashe or Mya.... It's kinda simple. But she has natural rhythm and raw movement. She's good too. 

On 11/1/2021 at 1:45 AM, bad media karma said:

Madonna's a performer, not a dancer. And I do think there's a difference if you just watch the way she moves vs someone like Britney or Janet. Also for people saying she was a dancer before she became a music artist - she has admitted herself in the past it was just a route to achieve her ambitions of fame and success. I don't think it's some kind of innate talent she has. Performing and creating definitely is a talent she has though.

A performer who is a real versatile DANCER and can actually dance and is not a so-called hip hop dancer. 

On 11/1/2021 at 4:44 AM, filmandstage13 said:

No one can dance like Janet. PERIOD. 

Rhythm Nation, If, Miss You Much, Nasty etc are better than any Britney choreography or Performance you'd pick.  At the time Jlo and Ciara were better dancers

When it comes to white pop girls who can dance, Both Madonna and Paula Abdul>>>>Britney 

They are BOTH more versatile, can dance different styles and have more extensive dance backgrounds. But i agree on the first statement tho. 

On 10/23/2021 at 5:01 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Also for y'all 

Watch at the part when she does the pirouette splits, THIS IS STAMINA, ATHLETICISM AND FLEXIBILITY. SHE WAS 48 HERE HATERS. 

Judging by some of the clips, Madonna is legitimately not a good dancer. At all. 

I would say she peaked w dancing around Vogue

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rik said:

Judging by some of the clips, Madonna is legitimately not a good dancer. At all. 

I would say she peaked w dancing around Vogue

The thing is Madonna wants to prove she can sing live, this is why stopped wearing the headset mic, cos that just means ur gonna lip sync and dance.

Not sing live. 

The biggest complaint is from majority of concert goers, is if they paid to see somebody live they expect live vocals. And these days lip syncing is pretty much a thing of the past because the artists today understand that people paid h as 3rd earned money for live entertainment. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The thing is Madonna wants to prove she can sing live, this is why stopped wearing the headset mic, cos that just means ur gonna lip sync and dance.

Not sing live. 

The biggest complaint is from majority of concert goers, is if they paid to see somebody live they expect live vocals. And these days lip syncing is pretty much a thing of the past because the artists today understand that people paid h as 3rd earned money for live entertainment. 

Anyone that says Britney or Madonna can't dance or were never good need to watch their performances and tours ASAP (I'm not talking to y'all but the ppl outside of this forum, so don't get offended) as for M, Blond Ambition, Girlie Show, Sticky and Sweet and MDNA alone and many other performances were her peak dance wise. And for Britney any performance of her in her peak. Both are great dancers in their own right. 

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Not sing live. 

Honestly fair enough 

11 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

This whole thread is indeed delusional :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

but I am and what about it :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

On 10/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, OutofKontrol said:

Madonna style of dancing has always been a mixture of Contemporary/ballet, where as Britney has done those types as well, but she has venture off to Jazz combos, hip hop, tap, & many more. Britney really is a versatile dancer & her technique is killer. I never realized how great her technique was until I watch the video below. Britney did that at the age of 12-13. She's truly a remarkable/talented dancer & I hope she really knows that. 

Did they sing this live?