When was Madonna's dancing peak compared to when was Britney's dancing peak?

I never thought of Madonna as an amazing dancer (I think of Janet Jackson or Paula Abdul instead), I always thought of her as a great performer though (I think she goes more towards the route of acrobatics like P!nk). For me Madonna's peak as a performer was the 00s, meanwhile Britney's was 1998-2004.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, bliss said:

I never thought of Madonna as an amazing dancer (I think of Janet Jackson or Paula Abdul instead), I always thought of her as a great performer though (I think she goes more towards the route of acrobatics like P!nk). For me Madonna's peak as a performer was the 00s, meanwhile Britney's was 1998-2004.

Ummmmm M was a GREAT dancer in her prime too. She was a classically trained dancer, she started her career as an actual pro dancer, she won a dance scholarship too. 

She is up there too

Look at her fast footwork and spins here

And watch any Vogue performance and the choreography, she CAN dance and she's a versatile trained dancer and she ACTUALLY can dance better than 97% of the pop girls who came out since 2005. She has done a lot of intricate choreo and she's a better dancer than Pink too

1 hour ago, W0rkBish said:

even at 50 Madonna managed to have stamina and outdo herself energetically she's not the best dancer but she managed to have the strength of an athlete and pull this hard show in 2008 

Brit in her prime did as much as that too. Before the knee injury she was SLAYING too. The only one nowadays who comes close to Brit is Tinashe and Normani. Ciara and JLO are also, as well as Madonna, better dancers than B. Beyoncé if she really tries. Pop girls nowadays can't dance like Primeney. Gaga can't dance and is terrible at both dancing and choreography, Rihanna only twerks, Kesha and Katy just walk, Ariana and Taylor just pose. Doja isn't a real DANCER, she only grooves. 

• Love 2

I haven't kept up with Madonna for her entire career but will point out two things - 

The late 90s around the time of Ray of Light was probably her peak as a performer and artist. A case can be made for that being her best album. 

Confessions on a Dance Floor deserves to be mentioned. She was dancing very well during the Confessions tour and that whole period with the album, videos and singles was the last time I remember when Madonna was ruling the charts and commanded heavy respect in relevancy. Confessions was massive and she hasn't had a big album since then. 

On 10/23/2021 at 4:01 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Also for y'all 

Watch at the part when she does the pirouette splits, THIS IS STAMINA, ATHLETICISM AND FLEXIBILITY. SHE WAS 48 HERE HATERS. 

Confessions was so fun. Every song on that album and was great and the tour was even better!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Idk if its just me but I dont really consider Madonna a "dancer" especially compared to Britney.

Sure she danced in some of her vids but Britney actually did hardcore choreography.

Using this logic... Then... Aaliyah also couldn't dance bc her choreo wasn't extreme either yet her dancing was smooth 💀. Dancing and Choreography are 2 different things. 

Faster  ≠  Better

More intricate  ≠  Better

More complex  ≠  Better

Like i said and if you're looking at their full abilities and potential

M would win in dance, energy and stamina 

B would win in choreography and agility 

Both tied in athleticism and flexibility. 

it’s such a subjective question.

Madonna concerts are usually about a journey in which her music and dance tell a cohesive story, convey a certain message. They are more theatrical and artistic. Madonna sings live for the most part. Dancing itself can be secondary.

Britney concerts are usually about entertaining and displaying the power of her femininity, vulnerability and ***uality through her music and dance. They can be fun and kitschy, but also a full on spectacle. Britney lip-syncs for the most part. Dancing is the main focus.

It’s hard to tell Britney’s peak because she’s still only 39, and if she every wanted to perform again, we don’t know what’s she capable off minus the conservatorship, minus the drugging, minus her toxic team. With her “old” team i.e the great choreography friends of yore, back in the game, who knows what she is capable of. Perhaps, she hasn’t peaked yet!

Madonna was almost 50 when she did the confessions Tour in 2006. And she could still manage to surprise and enchant us through dance. For those saying her peak was in the 80’s or 90’s, obviously didn’t see her live in the 00’s.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
13 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Using this logic... Then... Aaliyah also couldn't dance bc her choreo wasn't extreme either yet her dancing was smooth 💀. Dancing and Choreography are 2 different things. 

Faster  ≠  Better

More intricate  ≠  Better

More complex  ≠  Better

Like i said and if you're looking at their full abilities and potential

M would win in dance, energy and stamina 

B would win in choreography and agility 

Both tied in athleticism and flexibility. 

What I meant is that Madonna didnt/doesnt focus on choreography as much as she does about art and shock value.

You didnt see her doing choreography in the Like A Virgin video or Ray of Light.

I NEVER said she doesnt dance,

I just mean she doesnt do choreography like Britney did

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Madonna never had a peak because she isnt and hasnt ever been a dancer 

Umm, she was a great dancer in her prime, her prime (Dance wise was the whole Blonde Ambition era and the whole 1989-1991 period). 

LOOK AT HER FAST FOOTWORK AND SPINS. 

SHE IS DEFINITELY CAPABLE TO PULL A COMPLEX CHOREO, SHE CAN DANCE. 

She CAN DO TAP TOO. 

Even in 1985-1986 she was doing great choreographies (Dress You Up, Lucky Star and Holiday and the whole Virgin Tour, Into The Groove/Holiday 1986).

Watch her tours like Blonde Ambition, Girlie Show, Sticky and Sweet and MDNA which is alone, her peak in terms of dancing.

She started off as a dancer and she even, with her talent as a dancer, she won a dance scholarship. 

She is VERSATILE and can dance different styles of dance from classical to tap to latin to tango to salsa to contemporary to swingdance and even the Acrobatic dance. 

She HAS THE ATHLETICISM, THE ENERGY, THE STAMINA to even pull splits, flips, Acrobatic choreography etc. 

She DID THIS AT her 50s

She IS a real DANCER, not just a so-called 'hip-hop video dancer' like Britney, JLO, Ciara or Beyoncé or a twerker/belly dance like Shakira. SHE OUTDANCES ALL OF THEM. She is on the same lane with Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul. @SumoCyco2017 @BritneyLVR @bliss

3 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Umm, she was a great dancer in her prime, her prime (Dance wise was the whole Blonde Ambition era and the whole 1989-1991 period). 

LOOK AT HER FAST FOOTWORK AND SPINS. 

SHE IS DEFINITELY CAPABLE TO PULL A COMPLEX CHOREO, SHE CAN DANCE. 

She CAN DO TAP TOO. 

Even in 1985-1986 she was doing great choreographies (Dress You Up, Lucky Star and Holiday and the whole Virgin Tour, Into The Groove/Holiday 1986).

Watch her tours like Blonde Ambition, Girlie Show, Sticky and Sweet and MDNA which is alone, her peak in terms of dancing.

She started off as a dancer and she even, with her talent as a dancer, she won a dance scholarship. 

She is VERSATILE and can dance different styles of dance from classical to tap to latin to tango to salsa to contemporary to swingdance and even the Acrobatic dance. 

She HAS THE ATHLETICISM, THE ENERGY, THE STAMINA to even pull splits, flips, Acrobatic choreography etc. 

She DID THIS AT her 50s

She IS a real DANCER, not just a so-called 'hip-hop video dancer' like Britney, JLO, Ciara or Beyoncé or a twerker/belly dance like Shakira. SHE OUTDANCES ALL OF THEM. She is on the same lane with Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul. @SumoCyco2017 @BritneyLVR @bliss

Madonna can dance? Yes. But she is not at Britney or Janet level lets be honest. Britney is not a hip hop video dancer as you said MATM or S4U and even BOMT are better than every Madonna perfomance that you pick. Britney is not that good anymore and maybe Madonna wins in longetivity but Britney's peak was way better than Madonna.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Tap dancing is just flopping ur feet back and forth like ur trying 5o wake them back up, just with metal pieces on the bottom so u hear stuff. No technique or skill required. Thanks tho for that essay, still a shizer dancer 

Tap dancing requires technique. Not just stomping left and right 💀

And is what a REAL professional dancer like Paula Abdul also did 💀 (who is also better than Britney AND not to mention that SHE IS A CHOREOGRAPHER ffs 💀

If this doesn't require any technique.. BYE!!! 💀

Flip hair, and twerk is NOT any dancing genre. 💀 Your comment has no sense at all. 💀

BYE!!! 💀

51 minutes ago, Jota del Toro said:

Madonna can dance? Yes. But she is not at Britney or Janet level lets be honest. Britney is not a hip hop video dancer as you said MATM or S4U and even BOMT are better than every Madonna perfomance that you pick. Britney is not that good anymore and maybe Madonna wins in longetivity but Britney's peak was way better than Madonna.

I think Britney is a great dancer (esp in ha prime) and her strongest point imo it's her agility and i think she deserves more credit as well. (people even dare to say that she was never a good dancer... Ridiculous delusional people, bc if they have watched any Primeney performance, it's undeniable that she can dance) 

• Love 1
On 10/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, SumoCyco2017 said:

Madonna never had a peak because she isnt and hasnt ever been a dancer 

I just can’t with some of you guys. Get educated in pop culture and as it happens, dance.

It is like someone random idiot saying in 10 years time that Britney “isn’t and has never been a performer or pop star”.

B.itch please!

Madonna IS a dancer first and foremost before anything else.

She took classical ballet lessons form a very young age, earning high praise from her (gay) teacher Christopher Flynn, who persuaded her to pursue a career in dance. After graduating high school she received a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan, where she focused on modern and contemporary dance, while studying during the summers at the American Dance Festival in Durham, North Carolina.

She later moved to New York City to initially pursue a career in dance (not music). While working in Dunkin Donuts, she studied at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, and also under the tutelage of Martha Graham, one of the most famous and renowned American dancers and choreographer - they remain life long friends - She eventually began performing with the prestigious Pearl Lang Dance Theater, but later relocated to Paris as a member of Patrick Hernandez's disco revue as a dancer, and later a backup singer.

When she returned to NY in late 1979, her focus was on performance, with dance, music and singing at the forefront. The rest, as they say, is history.

m2.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2