When was Madonna's dancing peak compared to when was Britney's dancing peak?

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Thank you!

You did the work for me.

Madonna attended the University of Michigan on a dance scholarship.

When she arrived in NY City at the age of 19 she attended Martha Graham's dance school.

It was Martha Graham who gave her the nickname "Madame X."

Britney was a good dancer...But Madonna was great.

They are both Good. Like I'm not even an M stan at all (i don't like her for her shady attitude towards Gaga especially) but let's give credit where it's due. 

Difficult to tell as they're very different. I'd say Madonna's more versatile, like you can point out the different styles she's done during the years while Britney's primarily remained to be a modern, urban, **** hip-hop type of dancer. While both have dancing backgrounds, I can definitely feel the classical training with Madonna; Britney, in my opinion, in early 00s is the definition of modern.

I appreciate both and while Britney's more pleasing for me to watch, I'll always admire Madonna's agility/strength on stage. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

M is actually a professional versatile dancer, who can dance different styles of dance, has STAMINA and ENERGY and she can actually dance. she started her career as one and she studied dance.

Let's see when Britney does a tango 💀

Madge ACTUALLY has the ATHLETICISM to do that also go see Sorry at the Confessions Tour. 

And BTW

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

If anything, Britney is like Ciara, JLO, Beyoncé etc. just a so-called 'hip-hop video dancer', they all only have shown attitude in hip-hop and STOP. And also M is not a belly dancer like Shakira who just twerk and just shakes her hips. 

Madonna is an actual real dancer. And she's above them. 

@MeAgainstTheMusic_ @neverover @BigDadyy @BritneyLVR@samwoods321 y'all pressedT 

And FOR YOU @Brit52 watch her tours and those performances, M can actually dance and she is a better dancer than Britney. But Brit in ha prime was still VERY GOOD

Anyone can learn a technical move

20 minutes ago, samwoods321 said:

Anyone can learn a technical move

Both of them have their best dancing skills side. 

Madge is better at dance, stamina, energy and overall versatility. 

But Brit is better at choreography and agility. 

Athleticism-wise (I'm talking of B in her prime clearly) they seem similar. Because both of them can do splits, both of them can do flips and both of them can do Acrobatics. 

3:35

giphy.gif

RewardingTediousIberiannase-size_restric

Both of them are better dancers than Beyoncé though, doesn't matter since Janet Is the best female dancer to ever do it (and JANET did backflips too) 

• Love 2
On 10/17/2021 at 12:58 AM, neverover said:

Nope. To be honest not even Janet can touch Britney’s agility and ***iness. You can see Britney is borrowing some of Janet and Madonna’s dance moves, but in term of power and precision, it’s Britney ***** lol. Janet choreography is very original and way ahead of its time, but Britney perfected it and speed it up 2.0x. Here is some comparison:

I’m not sure if Madonna is the same caliber of those two. She’s more of a theatrical performer and her dance moves is more like that as opposed to speed or intricate.

There are plenty of reasons why Britney become a world phenomenon overnight. Talent and dedication is one of them.

I’m not sure if this is just a bad video… But Janet isn’t a great dancer. Maybe I’ve been spoiled with Britney:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I’m not sure if this is just a bad video… But Janet isn’t a great dancer. Maybe I’ve been spoiled with Britney:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

The delusion keeps rising and rising. 

Have you ever seen a Janet video or Performance. RHYTHM NATION alone makes her the absolute best. She has RAW TALENT and she can dance everything. 

You literally WISH anyone can ever replicate what Janet did in her peak. She was and will forever be THE BEST FEMALE DANCER. 

And Janet invented our fave Britney. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

It seems like there are a lot of feti on this topic so let’s clear things a bit. I admit Britney is more fun to watch because of her agility, type of music and it just so happens that most of us here enjoy hip hop army-style choreography which she excels in. However, y’all shouldn’t discredit Madonna like that.

Madonna has proven time and time again throughout her 40+ year long career that she has stamina, strength, works on her moves and keeps introducing new aesthetics and dance routines through her art. Whereas Britney’s dancing peak, while incredibly AMAZING, was short lived (1998 - 2003). 

it’s okay to love one without destroying the other one. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Madonnas was Vogue era .. yet Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul were the dancers of the generation.  Back then .. videos were better than todays garbage. Britney brought back great videos . Britney is a dancer .. looking at her dance moves as a child .. they are complicated routines and killer . Shes always had moves . I do hope she dances up a storm and does some sort of tribute to old school movies .. ( Pepsi commercials gave the old vibe) Janet always made so many fun videos .. yet sometimes dancing was not needed to make a good video ( love will never do ) . Paula  Abdul was amazing .. she choreographed many stars and movies and deserves so much more credit… she still has moves at almost 60..

Britney is a natural born choreographer who deserves more credit as well.  This women is a killer dancer . Her memory is sick .  I would love to see her mix her moves again with fresh choreography as a combo. 

I would love to see Britney do a video like Cold Hearted Snake or Rhythm Nation . Ehh I would take anything Britney dancing .. will have to wait and see if she decides to ever return. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

Janet even in her 50s can still dance like ever

No one can top this. This is really DISRESPECTFUL from you. But okay i respect your (wrong) opinion 

Can you honestly sit there and say her dancing is anything compared to people like Britney, Beyoncé, Michael or Tinashe? 
Im being honest, the videos that are being shared makes her look slow and that’s what I’m seeing 

1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

The delusion keeps rising and rising. 

Have you ever seen a Janet video or Performance. RHYTHM NATION alone makes her the absolute best. She has RAW TALENT and she can dance everything. 

You literally WISH anyone can ever replicate what Janet did in her peak. She was and will forever be THE BEST FEMALE DANCER. 

And Janet invented our fave Britney. 

She did inspire Britney definitely, and Britney grew up learning Janet’s dance moves, But everything aside from Rhythm Nation just looks slow. Please change my mind because I’m yet to see something spectacular from Janet. I’m not going to praise her just because every other person does, she’s a good dancer, but she’s not in the top tier calibre. She was just the first female dancer to dance the way she does

• Like 2

Britney dance peak Is anything before 2007, she's always been great. Madonna Is really athletic but it's a totally different style from Britney, It has always looked more like gymnastic than dancing, and i hate anything regarding the spanish influence she has, I've always found the spanish parts of her tours boring:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

7 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

They are both Good. Like I'm not even an M stan at all (i don't like her for her shady attitude towards Gaga especially) but let's give credit where it's due. 

7 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

@Steel Magnolia and as for Brit, her dancing from 2001-2004 was great imo, it would make pop girls nowadays like Gaga (who can't dance at all and is terrible at both dancing and choreography), Doja (who isn't a real DANCER, only can follow choreography), Rihanna (who only twerks and just poses... Can't dance in ANY way), Kesha etc. Look like basic amateurs girls. 

Oh, Madonna is a horrible person...I mean, she's very charitable, but she has a real mean streak in her.

I guess I'm giving Madonna extra points here for:

a) Consistency and career longevity.
b) Singing live while she's dancing...She clearly uses a backing track at times, but she hits so many sour notes throughout her entire concert that it's clear she really is singing throughout.

P.S. I've seen Madonna live during the Drowned World tour, Sticky & Sweet tour, and Rebel Heart tour, Janet live during her All For You tour, Gaga live during her Monster Ball tour and some dress rehearsals for an award show, and Britney live during the Circus tour...So I'm comparing the feeling of being in the crowd and watching live, not watching videos online. 

Britney would win this comparison hands down if we were doing an even comparison...But the fact she uses a backing track throughout her entire show gives her an edge.

• Love 2