Super Bowl halftime show stream + comment party

13 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

Notable Past/present East Coast- 50 Cent, Nas, Wu-Tang Clan, JAY-Z, DMX, LL Cool J, Biggie, Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs (created a hip hop empire with label Bad Boy Records)  

I'm sure I left some out, that’s who comes to mind though. 

Thank you so much! I obviously know Sean Combs (honestly, I'd rather call him by his real name because I never know what his last stage name is at this point, so messy) and JAY-Z, and LL Cool J and 50 Cent, I heard about Biggie (he's referenced EVERYWHERE), DMX rings a bell (maybe I heard him with Limp Bizkit? And maybe alongside Busta? which I love btw). I don't know much about Nas but I know he's a legend, plus I love his voice.

Maybe I should start googling info about some rappers I know to learn where they are from... Their style seems to be very different depending on where they come from, I never thought about that before...

• Love 1

It was amazing and the most I have ever been excited for a Half Time Show. Hello? Dr. Dre The GODFATHER of production. THEE Eminem. Kendrick. 50. Queen Mary. King Snoop. I was literally shaking when it came on. Literal chills. They blasted the speakers on all the TVs at the bar/restaurant I was at and everyone was just vibing/singing/rapping. A MOMENT. Nobody does it like LA!!!! 💙💛

• Love 2
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I'm sorry but rap isn't particularly a genre that anyone would think of when we hear "SHOW" or "ENTERTAINMENT"

Having a bunch of rappers from 20 years ago flapping their arms like a broody hen is just boring AF in such a big venue, no matter how many dancer they have.

I'm just going to watch this gem instead and pretend this flop didn't happen:

We can’t have pop girls every year. This year was totally different. This halftime show was for millennials. 
Just say you don’t like rap/hip hop next time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, SJK said:

We can’t have pop girls every year. This year was totally different. This halftime show was for millennials. 

He’s from the UK, Australia or some random European country I presume. If he is Hispanic however, then I’m not sure why he’s so up in arms over Hip-Hop since it’s also pretty big in Latin American countries. Anyways, they have no taste as per usual and are very close minded when it comes to other genres of music. Ignore that person and their tone-deaf comments. Let them stream Kim Petras instead. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Bigno said:

I see your point but I think it's a lack of understanding of the crowds that are NFL fans. That is why I think half time shows such as Katy Perry were somewhat out of place. Katy Perry is not exactly someone I see being followed by football fans. Also, hip hop is key to American culture. A hip hop show outside of the USA in, let's say, the World Cup would be a huge flop, but I think this worked because many of the hardcore fans are not exactly into choreographed dances. I agree that the one you posted was pretty good, but it was a different kind of entertainment. I actually think some of the songs performed on yesterday's show were bigger hits than  the majority of Jlo's selection. Shakira def has global appeal and major hits and I liked their show, I am just pointing out.that they went a different route with this last one and in my opinion, it worked.

I completely agree with this. I myself am an NFL fan and love hip-hop so it worked. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SJK said:

Rap/hip-hop is truly an American acquired taste. I live overseas so I not only dont like it, I dont care about it or understand it.

at the end of the day

Real Housewives Of Orange County Opinion GIF by PeacockTV

4 hours ago, Busybee said:

Some of yall just don't like hip hop and that's okay but yall can't deny these men and mary are ******* history. They are all still relevant decades later, they are important for the culture, they have done things for the industry and their communities and especially because the NFL is known for not acknowledging the troubling brutality of black people and police with the whole Kapernick thing...hip hop  specifically artist who are known for saying "**** the police"was definitely needed and all yall want is a pop bop :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:.

Plus like someone else said the fans who pay for these tickets are generally not into pop girlie. We needed a change. We've been giving it to the pop girls/guys for the past few years

Stan Twitter are constantly complaining saying 'it should have been a popstar!!!' Pop isn't the only music genre and the Superbowl halftime has had rock bands/musicians headline before.... I love pop music first and foremost, but I'm also a big Eminem fan (one of the few rappers whose discography I actively listen to), but I also respect Dre, Snoop, 50 and Kendrick for being some of the most influential rappers. It was great to see them all come together for the halftime, just wish it could have been longer.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

one simply cant be this ignorant :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

I said what I said. it’s self evident. It’s the type of ppl who are satisfied watching people throw a ball in a rigged sports league and old tubby men lip sync to rhythmic talking. SIMPLE stuff they can comprehend. And don’t forget those precious ‘member berries.

if they wanted hip hop get Doja cat since she has actual talent and performance skills

4 hours ago, ElToxico said:

Rap/hip-hop is truly an American acquired taste. I live overseas so I not only dont like it, I dont care about it or understand it.

at the end of the day

Real Housewives Of Orange County Opinion GIF by PeacockTV

I respect your opinion. However I disagree that hip hop is an American acquired taste. 
It’s one of the most popular genres everywhere in the world. 

Most of Europe loves and listens to hip hop. Heck the Uk has their own sub genre of hip hop - UK trap. Latin countries are literally known for their hip hop roots and genres. 

So it’s great that you are not a fan, but to say it’s a cultural/geographical situation is not true. Most countries have their own versions of it. I know a lot of Eastern European rappers. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block