Super Bowl halftime show stream + comment party

On 9/30/2021 at 6:29 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

rap.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic... You can tell that this show moves millions because that's expensive movie quality. And how old are Mary and Dr. Dre? They look stunning...

Guys, teach me! If they are representative of west coast rappers, who are representatives of the east coast (both male and female)?

17 minutes ago, icybaby said:

Eminems segment was the best for me. Was dissapointed Mary only had 2 songs and she was nervous to deliever. 50 cents segment was not necessary at all. I think super bowl should go pop again. That was hardly working

Gee noo. Who would have the pull? I don't picture anyone strong enough right now to make that show cool with pop. What, Lupe Lipa half assing for 12 mins? Gee, no thanks. I mean, she has crazy hits, but that is all.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but rap isn't particularly a genre that anyone would think of when we hear "SHOW" or "ENTERTAINMENT"

Having a bunch of rappers from 20 years ago flapping their arms like a broody hen is just boring AF in such a big venue, no matter how many dancer they have.

I'm just going to watch this gem instead and pretend this flop didn't happen:

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Well Hip-Hop is not usually my thing but at least the songs performed were the ones that I do know so it was at least enjoyable.. but there is no replay factor in this performance.. at least for me... But yeah, Dre had an impact on hip hop culture so I'm glad he got this opportunity...

But I hate when the performances happen during the day.. the mood is totally different (just like Coldplay few years ago)

I still believe Shakira and J.LO had the best show ever. It had everything and I am watching it to this day!!!

2 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I'm sorry but rap isn't particularly a genre that anyone would think of when we hear "SHOW" or "ENTERTAINMENT"

Having a bunch of rappers from 20 years ago flapping their arms like a broody hen is just boring AF in such a big venue, no matter how many dancer they have.

I'm just going to watch this gem instead and pretend this flop didn't happen:

I see your point but I think it's a lack of understanding of the crowds that are NFL fans. That is why I think half time shows such as Katy Perry were somewhat out of place. Katy Perry is not exactly someone I see being followed by football fans. Also, hip hop is key to American culture. A hip hop show outside of the USA in, let's say, the World Cup would be a huge flop, but I think this worked because many of the hardcore fans are not exactly into choreographed dances. I agree that the one you posted was pretty good, but it was a different kind of entertainment. I actually think some of the songs performed on yesterday's show were bigger hits than  the majority of Jlo's selection. Shakira def has global appeal and major hits and I liked their show, I am just pointing out.that they went a different route with this last one and in my opinion, it worked.

• Love 2

I really think they should have promoted this halftime show as Dre's halftime and then announce the others as guests because it felt too short for Eminem or Kendrick (which leads to a sort of disappointment). It was amazing. I cried at the end when Dre started playing Still DRE with Ain't mad at cha. 

Eminem could have headline it by himself, just like Kendrick could have. I hope we'll get more Rap/Hip Hop headlines in the future.

Next year we'll probably going to have a pop show (with Taylor Swift) even though it would be awesome to have Stevie Nicks and Alice Cooper since they are from Arizona. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block