Courtney Love calls out Olivia Rodrigo for copying Hole's 1994 album "Live Through This"

rsz_1rsz_205281527_276266394224316_6060974248829282897_n.jpg.38cd049bffba10ba59636e6fb970c987.jpg

Courtney love has called out Olivia Rodrigo, the current angst queen of today. 

But that's not all she sent a cease and desist letter to Disney, Geffen records (Olivia's distributor since she owns her masters). And Olivia as well. 

She also shaded Disney kids, saying I hope they can read and write, and understand foul language (Should be noted Olivia's album is marked explicit and has a wal mart version).

But the problem is The cover of live through this, is a model, not Courtney love and Ellen Von Unwerth reminded everybody that Courtney love was inspired by the 1976 film adaptation of Stephen king's carrie..so there's no copying here or infringement my dear. 

Side note @Easy There would love Chris Crocker's comments saying it's time Courtney is given her flowers by the industry how a Canadian was able to take credit of what you started cos she was sober, completely sober (alanis Morissette and jagged little pill) is unfair and pure erasure, so what if you did ***** like the boys did. 

Edited by Invitation
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Courtney love has called out Olivia Rodrigo, the current angst queen of today. 

But that's not all she sent a cease and desist letter to Disney, Geffen records (Olivia's distributor since she owns her masters). And Olivia as well. 

She also shaded Disney kids, saying I hope they can read and write, and understand foul language (Should be noted Olivia's album is marked explicit and has a wal mart version).

But the problem is The cover of live through this, is a model, not Courtney love and Ellen Von Unwerth reminded everybody that Courtney love was inspired by the 1976 film adaptation of Stephen king's carrie..so there's no copying here or infringement my dear. 

Side note @Easy There would love Chris Crocker's comments saying it's time Courtney is given her flowers by the industry how a Canadian was able to take credit of what you started cos she was sober, completely sober (alanis Morissette and jagged little pill) is unfair and pure erasure, so what if you did ***** like the boys did. 

Can you post the source of where it states Courtney sent those cease and desist letters? And the one of her talking crap on Disney stars? I can't find those articles.

Thanks! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

81PhSgamqPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So I love this record. It was one of my first albums I got on vinyl. 
Courtney’s message to the band Garbage is what irks me a bit and does make me question her sobriety at times. She also has another account which is her finsta titled Lavender or something. 

overall I think she is complimenting Olivia. I think? And saying thanks for the homage 

I do feel the look is iconic and it doesn’t matter what inspired it, Hole’s album cover made it so recognizable and memorable. It sucks how younger generations can get away with imitating old stuff and pass it as original :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:  The girl is making a lot of money off her IG posts, she’s basically an influencer, so I understand why it doesn’t sit right with Courtney. Does Olivia even make anything remotely original? Every single thing she does is reminiscent of somebody else.

10 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Can you post the source of where it states Courtney sent those cease and desist letters? And the one of her talking crap on Disney stars? I can't find those articles.

Thanks! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Since you have responded to others and couldn't provide sources to the claims you made in the OP, I can assume you once again made up lies to make this story more salacious.

:trash_throw_away_recycle:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block