Britney: "I have no idea if I'll ever take the stage again" (VIDEO)

As much as I understand I’d be devastated if she retired. I’ve followed her career since the 2000 VMA performance when I was 11 years old. But at the same time I do want her to take a well deserved break and just enjoy life. We have 8 albums and I’m still listening to Glory. I’d just be beside myself if she never performed again. 

7 hours ago, Kevvers said:

So random but I know it was a typo but how it reached the radio I don’t know but an iHeart radio ad played for their music festival and it said Britney was performing. This was early June maybe end of may. But it can’t be.

I think I read somewhere iHeart are showcasing a digital throwback festival this year that include old performances (such as Britney’s 1999 Wango Tango). I thought this had already happened though so I could be wrong, but I’m wondering if this is what they were advertising?

6 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I have accepted the fact we probably won’t ever get new music again. It’s really hard...

I hope they release the stuff she recorded for old albums. 

I wouldnt be so pessimistic. I think if she feels energetic enough and just happy I think she will. Artists do lose some motivation over time it just takes time for it to come back. I think she just needs a recharge. She’s worked for so long this is her first actual break besides having kids. 

I would be burnt out too if I was pushed for over 20 freaking years. Can you imagine that? Non-stop recording, performing. Then they push you off from the stage and you have to travel to an entirely new state or country the next day. Combine that with unprecedented paparazzi and media exposure. I honestly don't know how she's done it for so long, to be honest. 

If she wants to retire right now, she has every right to and I (like many of you) just want her to be happy and content with her life. No one knows what the future holds; Obviously people can get bored, and hell, who thought the Spice Girls would do stadium tours in 2019? :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Of course I'd selfishly like for her to at least record new music, but what she wants takes priority over anything fans would want. 

4 hours ago, THE_MIKY said:

As long as she does not want to record with another label, she is fine not doing any more music. Contracts do not force them making albums, but making them with the label if they want to do one.

Hmm contracts have deadline from what I have seen and heard. I worked in the music industry in Canada for a good six months, and I have read many contracts. They have dates and penalties.

Britney could easily decide to pay a lumpsum to avoid recording any further records, but that's on her, if she decides to do that. Otherwise, you record the music within a timeframe. It is likely that she has at least one album left or a greatest hit album.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phonography423 said:

I wouldnt be so pessimistic. I think if she feels energetic enough and just happy I think she will. Artists do lose some motivation over time it just takes time for it to come back. I think she just needs a recharge. She’s worked for so long this is her first actual break besides having kids. 

The passion has been gone for years. I think fans hope ending the cship will bring her back passion. The truth is once out of the cship she will have a baby. (Which I think will be a huge problem for her imo) The only reason why we got music  after Blackout is because of the cship. 

I hope you are right for my own selfish reasons. I don’t see why she can’t release even a single. I just see no sign of her caring about her career.

Obviously I hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

The passion has been gone for years. I think fans hope ending the cship will bring her back passion. The truth is once out of the cship she will have a baby. (Which I think will be a huge problem for her imo) The only reason why we got music  after Blackout is because of the cship. 

I hope you are right for my own selfish reasons. I don’t see why she can’t release even a single. I just see no sign of her caring about her career.

Obviously I hope I’m wrong. 

Honestly, I think that if Britney was left alone after the 2007-2008 events, meaning she was not put under conservatorship, she would probably have been on hiatus after completing a series of Blackout shows until 2013-2014, and then she would have started recording and releasing music again.

I think Femme Fatale and Britney Jean damaged her personally. She probably felt overused and tired. She obviously had moments were she shone and she was happy briefly, on stage at least, and then resented the industry/family off-stage.

It's interesting because I think without this conservatorship, Britney would probably still be very active nowadays. I feel she has accumulated fatigue that has dampened her passion for music, and now it's like this tank is full of resentment. She definitely looks fine with this decision of not performing anymore, that does not mean that she won't record or write music for herself or other artists.

I share the opinion that she wants to have a child, otherwise Sam would not have talked about being a young dad. It's definitely top of her list, and then we'll see if she misses the stage, or if she prefers telling her side of the story. Depends on what the conservatorship decision is in a few weeks/months/years.

I actually wonder if she is just going to go to the court to say that she wants to have a child with Sam. It sounds absurd, but I really think it's something along those lines. Perhaps, this ought to open the subject of no longer needing the conservatorship, as she feels fine enough to bring another child in this world.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

Honestly, I think that if Britney was left alone after the 2007-2008 events, meaning she was not put under conservatorship, she would probably have been on hiatus after completing a series of Blackout shows until 2013-2014, and then she would have started recording and releasing music again.

I think Femme Fatale and Britney Jean damaged her personally. She probably felt overused and tired. She obviously had moments were she shone and she was happy briefly, on stage at least, and then resented the industry/family off-stage.

It's interesting because I think without this conservatorship, Britney would probably still be very active nowadays. I feel she has accumulated fatigue that has dampened her passion for music, and now it's like this tank is full of resentment. She definitely looks fine with this decision of not performing anymore, that does not mean that she won't record or write music for herself or other artists.

I share the opinion that she wants to have a child, otherwise Sam would not have talked about being a young dad. It's definitely top of her list, and then we'll see if she misses the stage, or if she prefers telling her side of the story. Depends on what the conservatorship decision is in a few weeks/months/years.

I actually wonder if she is just going to go to the court to say that she wants to have a child with Sam. It sounds absurd, but I really think it's something along those lines. Perhaps, this ought to open the subject of no longer needing the conservatorship, as she feels fine enough to bring another child in this world.

I guess I will always have a different opinion because I don’t think Britney should be in the restraints she is in. Her team hasn’t put her health first over the money. I also think she cant do a lot of stuff by herself. I think she needs extra help over a normal person. Which is why if Sam doesn’t step up with responsibilities Britney could be in a lot of hurt if she has a baby. 

I know it’s what she wants though. I hope she can be truly happy one day. 

Now that she has said that, we won't be expecting her to do another residency next year .

It would be a bad look to go from ''no idea if ever..'' to "I am so excited to announce..." 6 months later. This could be strategic in a way... I am sure certain people want her to go to work asap...

But guys, do you really expect her to come back soon. Let's say she gains her freedom back this year (I truly hope this happens!!!)...

Would she go directly to the recording studio the day after she gets what she'd been missing for the last 13-14 years? Wouldn't she want to go on a million well deserved holidays or spend time with her kids ? Wouldn't she want to focus on her relationship more?

Also, Spears is the type to take her time when making music. 

10 hours ago, DJBringItBack said:

Nowhere did I say absolutely anything defending her posts, you are missing the point again because you lack the capacity of thinking outside the box. Like I said stop replying to me goodbye. 

As long as you reply back to me, I’ll be doing the same back. Everyone has different opinions on here and I respect how everyone feels. Unfortunately you don’t agree. 

All my posts on here indicate a few things 

1. Britney is clearly not ready to take the stand. Her posts on Instagram show that 

2. I feel she has not been supportive to her fans despite all the efforts made by them. The Domination announcement was a disaster and a slap in the face to fans. We really didn’t need to see her walk down stairs and into her car. A disgrace to all her fans. Then she cancelled Domination and pretended it didn’t happen. Now she still won’t talk to us or actually answer questions we actually want answered. Instead she will answer about her shoe size or spin around in videos over and over again 

3. Her Instagram is a mess today. It wasn’t always this bad but it’s terrible now. I loved her workout videos and the vaccine video and when she is just her adorable self. This video is an example of what ruins her name for who she was. Prime Britney would be rolling right now 

If you have a problem with how I feel, I suggest you not reply back to me again