Janet Jackson responds to Britney dancing to her music

they like each other a lot. Here’s Britney in 2001 around the time of MTV’s icon tribute to Janet. A clip from TRL showcases janets thoughts on Britney. She compliments her. 

full show here btw. Britney doesn’t perform but you can see her in the audience 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I love how she liked, answered behind Brit's post and then reposted the video on her IG stories! I know it's just 3 emojis but I love it :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: She also only follows 170 something people and Brit is one of them!
It's so funny how she completely ignored JT's apology and she reached out to Britney almost instantly. No matter if Janet's brothers go on the radio trying to accept his apologies on Janet's behalf... It's clear where our good sis stands :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

I wonder why Britney didn't participate in Janet's icon tribute as a performer. It would have been awesome.

Also we need to see them doing a song together with an amazing choreography please.

Specifically around 2001/2002 would’ve been the perfect time. Their vocals and choreo were kind of at their peak in terms sounding and looking similar. Neither of them have been as fluid as those days imo (primarily Britney for obvious reasons though)

I think they were already talking about a Madonna collab as early as 2001 though which perhaps could explain why they didn’t want her to collab with too many top names. I do however see the direct influence Janet has had on Britney

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rik said:

Specifically around 2001/2002 would’ve been the perfect time. Their vocals and choreo were kind of at their peak in terms sounding and looking similar. Neither of them have been as fluid as those days imo (primarily Britney for obvious reasons though)

I think they were already talking about a Madonna collab as early as 2001 though which perhaps could explain why they didn’t want her to collab with too many top names. I do however see the direct influence Janet has had on Britney

You know it's insane, Britney was actually supposed to do a song with Cher too! Some reason that never happened ( even though Cher talked about it back then). For some odd reason a Janet Collab has never gained traction. I think Me against the music would have been far better with Janet.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Let us also not forget the standing ovation Janet gave Britney at the world music awards. Janet later said Britney’s performances were the highlight of the show for her. 👑

She seemed nervous or really tired here but young Britney still slayed

Edited by Britman512
I responded tooo soon lol she persevered her energy for those beautiful live vocals towards the end
  • Haha 1

I hate it when celebrities respond only with emojis... As if they couldn't care to type actual words. But I guess it's a way of protecting themselves, since nowadays every single detail is analysed to microscopic proportions... oh well... It IS nice of her indeed!

• Like 1

God Janet is so iconic. The fact that they never had a song or video or performance together is so criminal (pun intended)

Can you imagine? I feel their voices would compliment each other really well. For ****'s sake, make it happen! :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, warioaddams said:

I wonder why Britney didn't participate in Janet's icon tribute as a performer. It would have been awesome.

Also we need to see them doing a song together with an amazing choreography please.

Britney was busy with rehearsals for Dream Within A Dream Tour along with many other commitments so she couldn’t possibly squeeze time (nor the mental capacity) to rehearse a new number otherwise it’ll just mess up her tour rehearsals. ( she even said on the set of Crazy that she has too much choreography in her head to remember yet they were gonna pile on more for her to do) It’s the same with Aaliyah too as heard she too wanted to pay tribute and participate but scheduling conflicts made it not possible. 

• Like 1