Janet Jackson responds to Britney dancing to her music

4 hours ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

You know it's insane, Britney was actually supposed to do a song with Cher too! Some reason that never happened ( even though Cher talked about it back then). For some odd reason a Janet Collab has never gained traction. I think Me against the music would have been far better with Janet.

I agree it would’ve sounded way better with Janet and made for a far better first singles. Imagine they’d keep it as the same production under the Chix Mix but could see either working with Janet. 

also yes, late 2001 or early 2002 apparently! Wonder what happened. Tbh I can’t see their voices sounding that complimentary but I can certainly imagine Janet and Britney over anyone. Even now with like slumber party vocals Janet and her could sound really cool together 

37 minutes ago, Rik said:

I agree it would’ve sounded way better with Janet and made for a far better first singles. Imagine they’d keep it as the same production under the Chix Mix but could see either working with Janet. 

also yes, late 2001 or early 2002 apparently! Wonder what happened. Tbh I can’t see their voices sounding that complimentary but I can certainly imagine Janet and Britney over anyone. Even now with like slumber party vocals Janet and her could sound really cool together 

I wonder why these collaborations didn’t happen. Cher and Janet are ******* legends!!!!!!! Jesus 

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, Rik said:

they like each other a lot. Here’s Britney in 2001 around the time of MTV’s icon tribute to Janet. A clip from TRL showcases janets thoughts on Britney. She compliments her. 

full show here btw. Britney doesn’t perform but you can see her in the audience 

Lol shes so cute here with her reactions!

Love her humble attitude

I have been waiting for the moment Britney and Janet come together for either a duet or performance together. Better yet, Britney releasing Control as a cover. I can't emphasise how much these two are just so perfect. Hopefully it happens.

Honestly a Britney x Janet performance would be so iconic and wild.  And it would work well because their choreography is very similar (at least Brit's former style anyway), and because they both lip sync so it wouldn't be awkward with only one person singing live lol... but I'm sure Britney actually wants to sing live and they just don't let her. But for dance-heavy numbers it's reasonable.

Bet Awards 2015 Dancing GIF

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Honestly a Britney x Janet performance would be so iconic and wild.  And it would work well because their choreography is very similar (at least Brit's former style anyway), and because they both lip sync so it wouldn't be awkward with only one person singing live lol... but I'm sure Britney actually wants to sing live and they just don't let her. But for dance-heavy numbers it's reasonable.

Bet Awards 2015 Dancing GIF

Yup

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Let us also not forget the standing ovation Janet gave Britney at the world music awards. Janet later said Britney’s performances were the highlight of the show for her. 👑

Watching this made me so happy for some reason, oh BOMTney :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

15 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Man Janet tore the house DOWN baby!  It's crazy that this performance doesn't get more recognition .. Its easily 1 of the best VMA performances to date.

It’s not even officially posted to their MTV channel I don’t think

This is sooo AWESOME. Legends supporting Legends. Now it's time for em to collab!!! 

On 6/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, Puppy said:

Britney was busy with rehearsals for Dream Within A Dream Tour along with many other commitments so she couldn’t possibly squeeze time (nor the mental capacity) to rehearse a new number otherwise it’ll just mess up her tour rehearsals. ( she even said on the set of Crazy that she has too much choreography in her head to remember yet they were gonna pile on more for her to do) It’s the same with Aaliyah too as heard she too wanted to pay tribute and participate but scheduling conflicts made it not possible. 

I wish Britney and Aaliyah performed on MTV icon. They are 2 of Janet's daughters (along with also Beyonce, Ciara, Shakira, Mya, Tinashe etc. All JJ's daighters) 

43 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

This is sooo AWESOME. Legends supporting Legends. Now it's time for em to collab!!! 

I wish Britney and Aaliyah performed on MTV icon. They are 2 of Janet's daughters (along with also Beyonce, Ciara, Shakira, Mya, Tinashe etc. All JJ's daighters) 

I remember being HIGHLY upset that Britney wasn't apart that.   Britney was the main one carrying Janet's torch, idk if Ciara was out yet was she?

It so sad that Aaliyah died so Young.  She was really getting ready to take off into super stardom I still remember seeing it on MTV late night flash on the bottom of the screen and I didn't believe it until I seen it on The Philadelphia Daily News front page a few hrs later.

The 90s/early 00s we lost a LOT of greats from Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Kurt Cobain, Freddie Mercury, Left Eye & Aaliyah and I'm sure Im missing someone smh.

2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I remember being HIGHLY upset that Britney wasn't apart that.   Britney was the main one carrying Janet's torch, idk if Ciara was out yet was she?

It so sad that Aaliyah died so Young.  She was really getting ready to take off into super stardom I still remember seeing it on MTV late night flash on the bottom of the screen and I didn't believe it until I seen it on The Philadelphia Daily News front page a few hrs later.

The 90s/early 00s we lost a LOT of greats from Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Kurt Cobain, Freddie Mercury, Left Eye & Aaliyah and I'm sure Im missing someone smh.

Ciara came out in 2004.i meant to say that Britney is one of JJs babies along with Aaliyah, Ciara, Bey, Shakira, Mya, Tinashe, Teyana etc. (as she clearly rightfully is). 

I could image Britney doing a janet. 93 medley on it with If, TTWLG and Throb. 

But i think Britney actually WANTED to do it but she was busy on finishing the rehearsal of the DWAD tour. 

Aaliyah should've also performed. Sooo sad she left us too soon. She was also soo talented and a smooth dancer. 

6 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Ciara came out in 2004.i meant to say that Britney is one of JJs babies along with Aaliyah, Ciara, Bey, Shakira, Mya, Tinashe, Teyana etc. (as she clearly rightfully is). 

I could image Britney doing a janet. 93 medley on it with If, TTWLG and Throb. 

But i think Britney actually WANTED to do it but she was busy on finishing the rehearsal of the DWAD tour. 

Aaliyah should've also performed. Sooo sad she left us too soon. She was also soo talented and a smooth dancer. 

She really was and so beautiful too!  She was also casted to be in The Matrix 2 and 3 too she was a real talent!

Jive probably got in the way as they did a lot back then smh

Just now, OCBoy1985 said:

She really was and so beautiful too!  She was also casted to be in The Matrix 2 and 3 too she was a real talent!

Jive probably got in the way as they did a lot back then smh

Her label made her look like 'another random pop star' instead of the talented artist she really is. She has a lot of talent and potential. It's just tragic to see all this.