Janet Jackson responds to Britney dancing to her music

15 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Her label made her look like 'another random pop star' instead of the talented artist she really is. She has a lot of talent and potential. It's just tragic to see all this. 

That is not at all what they did. By 2000 she already had scored the first #1 on the airplay billboard charts. By 2001, she had returned from a break for school and film and came back with a new look. The styles and budgets were so much bigger by 2001 because of her success in Romeo Must Die specifically. While her album underperformed until going to #5 at the year end’s top selling albums I don’t think it’s fair to say that her label dresses her like a regular pop girl of the time. Her style was always ahead and in many cases, much of Britney’s stylings were in part inspired by Aaliyah. This isn’t to say Aaliyah was at all bigger than Britney? Because she wasn’t and isn’t. 

but plz :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

This is sooo AWESOME. Legends supporting Legends. Now it's time for em to collab!!! 

I wish Britney and Aaliyah performed on MTV icon. They are 2 of Janet's daughters (along with also Beyonce, Ciara, Shakira, Mya, Tinashe etc. All JJ's daighters) 

Yeah it sucks but I know she really wanted to do it and she’s openly talked about how much of a fan she is but things happen, at least she got to go to the event. It was the Britney era so she was super busy and sad Aaliyah was taking off too but at least she got to be onstage and present, always wished Britney done that at least.

7 hours ago, Puppy said:

Yeah it sucks but I know she really wanted to do it and she’s openly talked about how much of a fan she is but things happen, at least she got to go to the event. It was the Britney era so she was super busy and sad Aaliyah was taking off too but at least she got to be onstage and present, always wished Britney done that at least.

She was busy indeed, you can really tell she promoted the Britney era soooo constantly. She really loved it. But still she should've performed definitely. I'm still UPSET about it

• Super Mods
44 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

She was busy indeed, you can really tell she promoted the Britney era soooo constantly. She really loved it. But still she should've performed definitely. I'm still UPSET about it

Yeah I heard she was gonna be part of the dance tribute (obvious reasons) but it’s hard to squeeze in rehearsal time and understandably so. I feel there’s still hope for some sort of tribute in the future.