Bebe Rexha upset about chart debut as "Better Mistakes" debuts at #140

Slayer

I gave it a listen and I must admit that this album is nothing special. Like three or four songs are good but the rest is forgettable. I like Bebe and I feel like this is her fault (a better mistake than loosing keys imo). Mixing several genres just in one era really hasn't help her. People really don't know who she is (example: Gaga started with pop, then experimented with it on BTW [rock/pop/electro], then came with ARTPOP, then went to singing jazz with legendary Tony Benett, then came with country Joanne, did that regular music for ASIB and finished with dance/electro Chromatica = she has been changing like a chameleon, therefore people were shocked when a pop artist released a country album etc. similar thing can be said about Queen of rap, Nicki Minaj. Not only did she rap on her first record, but she also sing. What is important here is that she always kept reinventing herself [Roman Zolanski, Barbie, Onika, Chun-Li etc. Nicki has had her alter egos to come up with something new or fresh. Unfortunately, Bebe has already crossed many genres so that Gaga thing won't work and she doesn't even have that alter egos). I don't think that it's the end of the world for her (esp in today's "climate" in music industry in which she can simply release songs not albums, but I feel like she has potentital but doesn't know how to make it work. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

It's embarrassing. Imagine having several Top 10 hits a few years ago, and then debuting at #140 with your second album. Can you imagine the scalpings that a major pop girl would've received with this kind of chart performance? I'd quit making music if I were in her shoes.

14 hours ago, Stefani said:

It's embarrassing. Imagine having several Top 10 hits a few years ago, and then debuting at #140 with your second album. Can you imagine the scalpings that a major pop girl would've received with this kind of chart performance? I'd quit making music if I were in her shoes.

Why ? You can always fail and succeed afterwards. 

Not I am comparing Bebe to Cher, but if you look at Cher's discography, you'll see that some of her albums did not even enter the Billboard 200 chart. Did she give up the first time she flopped ? - No 

I think it's not really the album's debut she's upset about, but how negative people are to her music recently. She admitted it way before releasing the album in an interview that twitter stan's toxicity got into her. I'll still listen to her new stuff, just keep up the strong spirit. :bow_bowing_orange:

On 5/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I’ve said this about Rihanna, Adele and Beyoncé. They’re all successful artists (who’ll surely debut at number 1 when they release their next albums) but I’m sure their first week sales won’t be anyway near their previous ones.

I genuinely feel like Rihanna is scared to realise music after Anti was praised. I doubt it’ll debut with anything more than 200,000 copies. Same with Adele and Beyoncé.

Unless Jay Z manipulate Beyoncé’s album number I agree. Same goes for Adele.

Even Taylor Swifts album are selling less now a days

TBH the music industry is so stale right now... people are craving talent and uniqueness... I’m not surprised... instead of following Britney’s industry mold she should just be herself. Britney did Britney... Bebe rexha should just do herself. Look at Billie E. She has a unique sound and doesn’t have to dress half naked to sell music. I support individuality of artists... it really sucks that labels mold artist to be another Britney. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block