Bebe Rexha upset about chart debut as "Better Mistakes" debuts at #140

Slayer

This album is flawless and it makes me so sad that it’s flopping. But I do think that her debut album has a lot to do with how this era is turning out. Huge Bebe fan, but the first album was a bit of a cluster **** with no clear direction and no matter how amazing and cohesive this album is...a lot of people were prob put off by that. THIS is what her first album should’ve been. This speaks to her as an artist and completely showcases her POV and it’s a shame that more people aren’t enjoying it. I haven’t stopped listening since it was released 🤷🏼‍♂️

and I love me some BIJ, but I don’t think that was the correct choice for the lead single. It flopped and then no one was checking for anything else she released and every song she’s released since BIJ is so much better. Doja could’ve been utilized on a better track. 

• Love 1

what is with our generation and instant gratification...?

just cause it doesn't immediately take off doesn't mean it's a flop.. maybe people will come around to the album eventually?

am I the only one who thinks this?..

I'm gonna give it a listen now though cause I feel sorry for her  :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

People are sleeping on her and “Sacrifice” deserved to hit #1! What an underrated BOP! 

:holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

I agree but it was no secret that the rest of the album was nothing like Sacrifice so I think that took the wind out of it's sails. At least she knows now what kind of music people are here to see her make for next time. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

I love Bebe, but aside from Sacrifice and Sabotage, I just haven’t been able to get into the album. It also annoys me that about half the album is features, I’m kinda tired of her always trying to throw a rapper on songs to get it to chart higher. I personally liked her last album much better, but she does deserve better than 140. 

Maybe this is strange but post Covid, I really care less and less about chart placement! I think it’s a beautiful thing that so many artists are going independent and are highly successful in doing so. I don’t think a 140 debut is a bad thing, Charli XCX’s last album debuted at 111, and she is still vastly popular and successful. I really, truly think, it’s about how much of a connection you have with your fan base and your brand deals more than how many records you sell anymore. Bebe has her dedicated fans and I think she should just work to appease herself and her fan base. Just my hot take tho

• Like 2

That's quite surprising because her streaming numbers seem really good, and I was convinced she had a decent fanbase too. Either way, that's a shame because I like her personality. I mean, not everyone can be a main pop girl. She's written some hits for other artists, so she could always go that route or even take notes from Myah and sell her songs to K-Pop agencies if all else fails (in fact, she has already done that before).

Spoiler
Year Artist Album Song
2009 Lee Hyori (K-Pop) Non-album singles "As Long as I Love You"[123]
(featuring Will Pan)
2010 Nikki Williams "Glowing"
Shinee (K-Pop) Lucifer "Lucifer"[124]
2011 Jelena Karleuša Diva "Muškarac koji mrzi žene"
2012 We the Kings Party, Fun, Love, and Radio EP "Party, Fun, Love, and Radio"[125]
2013 Selena Gomez Stars Dance "Like a Champion"
Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP 2 "The Monster"
(featuring Rihanna)
2014 Tinashe Aquarius "All Hands on Deck"
Bella Thorne Jersey "Jersey"
"One More Night"
2016 Iggy Azalea Non-album single "Team"
Nick Jonas Last Year Was Complicated "Under You"
2018 Logan Staats The Launch Season 1 EP "The Lucky Ones"
2019 Gryffin Gravity "Body Back"
(featuring Maia Wright)
Tate McRae All the Things I Never Said "Stupid"
2020 Selena Gomez Rare "Crowded Room"
(with 6lack)

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Wasn’t she trying to air Dua and “Rita-if-this-gets-100K-retweets-I’ll-release-my -new-song-aka-I-was-hacked-no-music-gets-released-until-I-say-so-Ora” drama to impact sales?  :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

did that really happen? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

wasn't she the one that went to audition for The Voice or something, to surprise the judges, but the judges really thought she was a contestant, because no one knew who she was? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Damn Bebe did worst an Ciara and Keyshia Cole…. It seems like she always has music out but it never goes anywhere.

This is an example why veteran artists are afraid to release albums because they’re scared to end up at the bottom half of billboard. why do you think Jennifer Lopez is struggling to release that 2016 Spanish album. She’s worried she’ll end up like Bebe.

She is officially in the struggle club with Rita Ora And Charli XCX

debuted at #140WigglyThornyBluegill-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, K-man said:

Damn Bebe did worst an Ciara and Keyshia Cole…. It seems like she always has music out but it never goes anywhere.

This is an example why veteran artists are afraid to release albums because they’re scared to end up at the bottom half of billboard. why do you think Jennifer Lopez is struggling to release that 2016 Spanish album. She’s worried she’ll end up like Bebe.

She is officially in the struggle club with Rita Ora And Charli XCX

debuted at #140WigglyThornyBluegill-max-1mb.gif

I’ve said this about Rihanna, Adele and Beyoncé. They’re all successful artists (who’ll surely debut at number 1 when they release their next albums) but I’m sure their first week sales won’t be anyway near their previous ones.

I genuinely feel like Rihanna is scared to realise music after Anti was praised. I doubt it’ll debut with anything more than 200,000 copies. Same with Adele and Beyoncé.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.