5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I was waiting for you to mention Taylor. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: And the fact that you've already outgrown Hillbillie even though girl has barely been around. TBH, I still haven't listened to any of her music, which is weird because I love alt-pop girlies. It's probably my annoying-azz inner hipster being like, "No, she's too popular." :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

Trust me. I hate the fact that Billie Eilish is #21 of my most listened to artists and I haven’t listened to her since 2019 :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:also waiting for Taylor and Ariana to leave my top 10 :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare: Britney, Dua, and Marina are solid in the top three and that’s where I intend to keep them :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Shania Twain

Up! and Now are the only Shania albums I've listened to. I'm planning on delving into Come On Over and The Woman in Me, though. Now is pretty good, but it gets boring really quickly, and I wish Up! was shorter. There's so many amazing songs on it, but there's also so much filler. It should've been a 12-track album, and her writing hasn't aged very well either (most of the rhymes just feel too on the nose and juvenile for me). At least there's 3 versions to keep it fresh, though. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

12 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Truly, there's something in the water in Sweden. All the top producers and songwriters are Swedish. Even when I look at the credits of K-Pop songs, they're infested with Swedish last names. :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

Ace of Base (Beautiful life was Max Martin's first production to be on the hot 100 peaking at #15), Tove Lo, Robyn and Icona Pop. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Tinashe

I'm so bad at keeping up with albums that I still haven't listened to Nightride and Joyride... Aquarius still holds up, and Songs for You also features some of her best work, IMO. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I'm guessing Joyride isn't that great, but I'm wondering if Nightride is worth listening to. I've heard some good things about it. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Content Curators
35 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The standard edition cover is one of her best. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: In terms of albums, it's a tough call, but currently my list probably looks something like this:

1. American Life
  2. Like a Prayer (+ Supernatural)
  3. Music
  4. Bedtime Stories
  5. Madame X

The 00s were her musical peak, and I stand by that statement wholeheartedly. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: Don't cancel me for not including Ray of Light. My brain is too small to digest it. I'm waiting for some sort of spiritual awakening / epiphany, so that I can fully enjoy it. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

:urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: American Life at number 1 yessss same here :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: Love Profusion alone is everything, that video too :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I guess I'm also waiting for that epiphany :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I feel the same about Ray Of Light, I only like the singles and nothing else honestly :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: Frozen is one of my fav songs from her though. 

15 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Screen_Shot_2019-04-15_at_2.11.04_PM.jpg

TBH, I stopped caring about Beyoncé after Sasha Fierce:idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Though, Blow and Sweet Dreams are still legendaric. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Excuse me? I will unfeature your hit thread, you better go back and fix this :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Haha 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I'm so bad at keeping up with albums that I still haven't listened to Nightride and Joyride... Aquarius still holds up, and Songs for You also features some of her best work, IMO. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: I'm guessing Joyride isn't that great, but I'm wondering if Nightride is worth listening to. I've heard some good things about it. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I wasn't a big fan of Nightride.

I think because her music isn't consistent I just stopped checking for her. She released a concert show like a month ago and thats when I was like, wow i totally forgot about her. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
13 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It might work on desperate songwriters and the Grammy committee, but Jay-Z couldn't pay me to like her. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

You asked for it, never say I didn't give you a chance.

VillainousMeanDogwoodtwigborer-max-1mb.g

Off to stream the queens greatest hits extra loud just for you :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I looove this new song of hers!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

You asked for it, never say I didn't give you a chance.

Off to stream the queens greatest hits extra loud just for you :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

The way I thought we were starting to hit it off. Not Beyoncé of all people being the end of it. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: I don't think she needs your streams when Jay-Z can just inflate them for her. Either way, make sure you play Blow and Sweet Dreams extra loud. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The way I thought we were starting to hit it off. Not Beyoncé of all people being the end of it. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: I don't think she needs your streams when Jay-Z can just inflate them for her. Either way, make sure you play Blow and Sweet Dreams extra loud. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

It's your hands, you can fix this, there's still enoguh time :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: I know J can inflate ha streams but you should play ha becuase she's life changing :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: don't deny yourself this life experiece, you deserve it :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: 

Plus I just started following you even with your Bey hatin as :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: too late tenor.gif 

Not me not liking Blow :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: but fine I'll play that too :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I toootaaally get what you mean despite being 21. I stopped listening to the charts around the time streaming started becoming big because I could actually choose what I wanted to listen to. It irks me when people say that music isn't good these days - you just have to look for it and curate your own library. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: Lemme look at the charts and see how many songs in the top 50 I know / have deliberately listened to. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Lol, 3 songs (Levitating, Blinding Lights, and Call Me By Your Name). :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: Just a month or two ago, I found an artist with 700 subscribers on YT and 70k monthly listeners on Spotify, and I think that's so freakin' cool. While streaming has ruined a lot of things, it has also opened so many doors. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

exactly! I feel like people will say 'music is trash nowadays' by default like chart music represents music in its entirety. i'll be honest I wasn't really into streaming until maybe the last few years but the way it allows you to explore new genres or sub genres and how you can find other artists through artists you listen to, we would never have that had we stuck to physical releases only. don't get me wrong I still love a CD or vinyl for collection purposes but streaming also has its great points too. my recent discovery is kim petras and omg how have I been sleeping on her, a halloween queen :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Wow, that's some fun trivia I did not know. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: Do you listen to Tove Lo? Sunshine Kitty is still the bomb! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Sunshine Kitty is everything. Doja Cat, Kylie minogue, Plus a duet that's a hybrid between English and French..

Check out her debut album Queen of the Clouds, it's about her first real relationship and how she turned to ***** to numb her pain from the heartbreak.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Sunshine Kitty is everything. Doja Cat, Kylie minogue, Plus a duet that's a hybrid between English and French..

Check out her debut album Queen of the Clouds, it's about her first real relationship and how she turned to ***** to numb her pain from the heartbreak.

Really Don't Like You is the hit that got away. Legitimately one of the best songs of 2019. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I was actually a casual fan before QOTC was even released (I bopped to the Truth Serum EP), and when it came out, I was super into it for months. Personally, I think the Blueprint Edition is a bit too long, but it still holds up really well. I didn't really enjoy any of the singles from Lady Wood and Blue Lips, so I never checked them out, but they're on my list of albums to fully delve into. I even love Cool Girl now despite hating it when it first came out. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

12 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Not me not liking Blow :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: but fine I'll play that too :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Can't remember the last time I followed someone on Exhell, but I'll follow back for the sake of comradery. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff: I'm willing to add Pretty Hurts, Daddy Lessons, and XO to the list of worthwhile Bey songs, but you're not gonna make me like her. I'm gonna stream Video Phone and Telephone for you because they at least feature Gaga. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block