Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@Midnight's "Rihanna vs. Miley" thread inspired me to to start this discussion, as I once again realized that I don't really listen to Rihanna anymore despite being a huge fan back in the day. So, this got me thinking - what artists did you guys use to listen to that you don't anymore? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: Here are my picks:

rihannapng.png

If y'all didn't know, Rihanna used to be THE pop girlie in my eyes. When I say I was obsessed with her, I mean it. In fact, the Good Girl Gone Bad tour was the 1st tour I ever went to, and GGGB was the 1st CD I ever bought. However, in recent years I've developed an appreciation for people that actually write their own songs, so I slowly but surely fell out of love with Rihanna. Plus, her more recent albums (namely, Unapologetic and Talk That Talk) weren't that great. ANTI was really good, but I had already moved on to other artists. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

20485-5-britney-spears-file.png

Y'all gonna destroy my fraudulent azz for this, but I haven't listened to any of Brit's music in over a year. I don't even know why I participated in any of @Slayer's megarates. Consider this a coming out - I'm coming out as a complete and total fraud. :explainlol_stare_spin: These days, I only use Exhale for pop music discussions and #FreeBritney updates. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Xd0RMTL2u4JB5YbWE0RNsMUrjenYK5AYFo3LjTqaf_X2CV5yDSJuGWIBWmmcnR5ngjBMS-7GhD7g4nlLMnTjfnHALeUOZDNs6zyG6_jzvbkbApk9NWI

I've been a fan of Dula Doop for longer than any of you fads - I was obsessed with her debut album, which came out in mid 2017, and I had my eye on her before that because of Be the One and Hotter Than Hell. Her debut album was the soundtrack to my trip to Turkey, so I was extremely excited for Future Nostalgia. Obviously, I loved it as much as the next f@g, but by the time the repackage came around, I had already gotten over her because of all the overexposure and how much I had overplayed FN. I really didn't expect to grow bored of Miss Dula Doop, but I did... :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

QbN9LD2DQfYPRI9frQbsyxOj2oZLPq75p-LYUxMYbMIFEmnYi9vZ7d5t3lwOAkkGTSw6Evw7wYjuL-FeSIxI4nHXk9gOvYFPRIH4JbqxjWIdnHDuTq6p6MN3T_QMej0rFet2DcxjVwM

Ari was already on my radar during the Yours Truly era because of The Way, but it was My Everything that turned me into an actual fan. I freakin' loved that album, and Dangerous Woman was really good too (it hasn't aged that well, though). When it came to Sweetener and thank u, next, I didn't really vibe with her new direction, so I didn't even bother with the albums. I fell so out of love with Ari that I haven't listened to Positions either. I lowkey forgot that it even exists. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

0c60db9b2f8489574eb7d3dee0984e9d.png

I've been an avid fan of alternative pop girlies since Lana Del Rey burst on the scene, so I was obviously interested in Melanie as well. I gave Cry Baby a shot and adored it. I think Soap was the first song that caught my attention, but the whole album is brilliant and still holds up. However, it took her so long to release K-12 that I just lost interest. She showed 0 artistic growth - K-12 was the exact same thing (but less interesting), so I listened to it once and forgot about it. I've heard good things about the somewhat recent EP, but I couldn't be bothered. I bet most of her fans have moved on to Hillbillie Eyelash too. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

The way I lowkey deserve to get cancelled for this thread... Anyway, sound off, y'all. :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

delete.thumb.JPG.b658f958b768d5a0cd876e8dfafbf86f.JPG

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

@Midnight's "Rihanna vs. Miley" thread inspired me to to start this discussion, as I once again realized that I don't really listen to Rihanna anymore despite being a huge fan back in the day. So, this got me thinking - what artists did you guys use to listen to that you don't anymore? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: Here are my picks:

rihannapng.png

If y'all didn't know, Rihanna used to be THE pop girlie in my eyes. When I say I was obsessed with her, I mean it. In fact, the Good Girl Gone Bad tour was the 1st tour I ever went to, and GGGB was the 1st CD I ever bought. However, in recent years I've developed an appreciation for people that actually write their own songs, so I slowly but surely fell out of love with Rihanna. Plus, her more recent albums (namely, Unapologetic and Talk That Talk) weren't that great. ANTI was really good, but I had already moved on to other artists. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

20485-5-britney-spears-file.png

Y'all gonna destroy my fraudulent azz for this, but I haven't listened to any of Brit's music in over a year. I don't even know why I participated in any of @Slayer's megarates. Consider this a coming out - I'm coming out as a complete and total fraud. :explainlol_stare_spin: These days, I only use Exhale for pop music discussions and #FreeBritney updates. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Xd0RMTL2u4JB5YbWE0RNsMUrjenYK5AYFo3LjTqaf_X2CV5yDSJuGWIBWmmcnR5ngjBMS-7GhD7g4nlLMnTjfnHALeUOZDNs6zyG6_jzvbkbApk9NWI

I've been a fan of Dula Doop for longer than any of you fads - I was obsessed with her debut album, which came out in mid 2017, and I had my eye on her before that because of Be the One and Hotter Than Hell. Her debut album was the soundtrack to my trip to Turkey, so I was extremely excited for Future Nostalgia. Obviously, I loved it as much as the next f@g, but by the time the repackage came around, I had already gotten over her because of all the overexposure and how much I had overplayed FN. I really didn't expect to grow bored of Miss Dula Doop, but I did... :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

QbN9LD2DQfYPRI9frQbsyxOj2oZLPq75p-LYUxMYbMIFEmnYi9vZ7d5t3lwOAkkGTSw6Evw7wYjuL-FeSIxI4nHXk9gOvYFPRIH4JbqxjWIdnHDuTq6p6MN3T_QMej0rFet2DcxjVwM

Ari was already on my radar during the Yours Truly era because of The Way, but it was My Everything that turned me into an actual fan. I freakin' loved that album, and Dangerous Woman was really good too (it hasn't aged that well, though). When it came to Sweetener and thank u, next, I didn't really vibe with her new direction, so I didn't even bother with the albums. I fell so out of love with Ari that I haven't listened to Positions either. I lowkey forgot that it even exists. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

0c60db9b2f8489574eb7d3dee0984e9d.png

I've been an avid fan of alternative pop girlies since Lana Del Rey burst on the scene, so I was obviously interested in Melanie as well. I gave Cry Baby a shot and adored it. I think Soap was the first song that caught my attention, but the whole album is brilliant and still holds up. However, it took her so long to release K-12 that I just lost interest. She showed 0 artistic growth - K-12 was the exact same thing (but less interesting), so I listened to it once and forgot about it. I've heard good things about the somewhat recent EP, but I couldn't be bothered. I bet most of her fans have moved on to Hillbillie Eyelash too. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

The way I lowkey deserve to get cancelled for this thread... Anyway, sound off, y'all. :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

… so who do you listen to?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Honestly, I still listen to Britney’s music and I’m a massive fan and I watch interviews and YouTube analyses about Britney but I’m not as huge a fan of her music as I was when I discovered her. Last year, she wasn’t even in my top 5 (she was number 6). I love her but I’ve already listened to all her songs and the only way I’d see her rank going up is if she released new music (she already has a higher rank this year just because of matches and swimming in the stats)!

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Honestly, I still listen to Britney’s music and I’m a massive fan and I watch interviews and YouTube analyses about Britney but I’m not as huge a fan of her music as I was when I discovered her. Last year, she wasn’t even in my top 5 (she was number 6). I love her but I’ve already listened to all her songs and the only way I’d see her rank going up is if she released new music (she already has a higher rank this year just because of matches and swimming in the stats)!

What were your thoughts on Matches and Swimming in the Stars? I gave them a few illegal spins because I was curious, and SITS was really cute. In contrast, Matches was super boring, IMO. :typing_keyboard_computer:

Link to comment
  • Curators

I still like pretty much most of the artist I've always loved, however I haven't enjoyed recent releases from Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Kesha, Lady Gaga and now even the untouchable Latin Queen Thalia :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: ( just released that awful Desamorfosis album ) and yes even Britney ( Britney jean and Glory )so that does tend to make me pay less attention to them and effecttively yes I do play them less, but I'll still check them out, I haven't given up yet.

 

 

 

Spoiler

@iAlwaysSingLive featured so you can get cancelled with a hit thread :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

 

  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I still like pretty much most of the artist I've always loved, however I haven't enjoyed recent releases from Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Kesha, Lady Gaga and now even the untouchable Latin Queen Thalia :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: ( just released that awful Desamorfosis album ) and yes even Britney ( Britney jean and Glory )so that does tend to make me pay less attention to them and effecttively yes I do play them less, but I'll still check them out, I haven't given up yet.

Knowing my track record, watch this thread flop despite the feature. Either way, the cancellation has been long overdue, tbh. :explainlol_stare_spin: Shame you didn't enjoy Chromatica. I wasn't obsessed with it at first, but since it's short, it has a lot of replay value and easily became one of my top albums of 2020. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Same goes for Madame X - I hated it at first, but now it's probably among my top 5 Madge albums. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: In my opinion, Witness is better than people give it credit for, but Smile was a bland mess. As for the rest, I haven't seriously listened to any of their latest albums, but based on critics' reviews, the mid/late 00s girlies do be putting out some of their most mediocre work (except Kelly - I've heard many good things about Meaning of Life). :typing_keyboard_computer:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I was obsessed with Avril lavigne from her debut up until goodbye lullaby. I went to every tour, I dressed exactly like her and styled my hair like her IN EVERY SINGLE ERA. I had the black underneath and then went to blonde (which I still am) and got pink clip-in extensions during TBDT era too. 

ANYWAYS....when her self-titled came out I just wasn't as into the music. Ever since then, I check for her and like a few songs here and there on each album but I definitely feel like I outgrew her.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Curators
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Knowing my track record, watch this thread flop despite the feature. Either way, the cancellation has been long overdue, tbh. :explainlol_stare_spin: Shame you didn't enjoy Chromatica. I wasn't obsessed with it at first, but since it's short, it has a lot of replay value and easily became one of my top albums of 2020. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Same goes for Madame X - I hated it at first, but now it's probably among my top 5 Madge albums. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: In my opinion, Witness is better than people give it credit for, but Smile was a bland mess. As for the rest, I haven't seriously listened to any of their latest albums, but based on critics' reviews, the mid/late 00s girlies do be putting out some of their most mediocre work (except Kelly - I've heard many good things about Meaning of Life). :typing_keyboard_computer:

Well I did like about 5 songs from Chromatica :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: but it's just not there for me, as for Madame X, not one song honestly, and that whispering at the beginning of Medellin was the cherry on top :trash_throw_away_recycle: Witness was okay but Smile :trash_throw_away_recycle: 

 

Madame X is actually the only Madonna album I don't like btw.

 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

Link to comment
  • Curators
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

When MDNA exists? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Yes :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: I love MDNA :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: 

 

But mostly becuase it has one of the most beautiful songs EVER which is Falling Free :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:  honestly at first I didn't really like it ether but over time it grew on me. The album is a mess but I just like it for what it is :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: I mostly loved the attitude she served in that album/era

  • Love 1

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Yes :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: I love MDNA :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: 

 

But mostly becuase it has one of the most beautiful songs EVER which is Falling Free :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:  honestly at first I didn't really like it ether but over time it grew on me. The album is a mess but I just like it for what it is :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: I mostly loved the attitude she served in that album/era

I love Falling Free as well. Masterpiece and Best Friend are great too, and I totally see what you mean with your comment about her attitude, seeing as how it's a breakup album. I mean, **** **** alone... :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman: But it has too many cringy songs for an album that long, so I cannot sit through it. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Brandy 

Leona Lewis 

Rihanna 

Keisha Cole 

Danity Kane

There were points in time when I would’ve listed Rihanna, Leona, and Danity in my top 5 favorite artists but now I barely listen to them.
 

I would list Shania Twain and Celine Dion too, but there are a couple songs from them I still listen to quite often even though they fell out of my top artists list long ago. 

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block