• Content Curators
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I love Falling Free as well. Masterpiece and Best Friend are great too, and I totally see what you mean with your comment about her attitude, seeing as how it's a breakup album. I mean, **** **** alone... :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman: But it has too many cringy songs for an album that long, so I cannot sit through it. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

YESSS some of the songs are cringey but :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: I can't help it, the heart want what it wants :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Honestly FF is probably her most beautiful song, plus I also love the photoshoot for that album, she served honestly.

fe7283508791e0d8bbbe0afac6b6b4ee.jpg

madonna_mdna.jpg

madonna-girl-gone-wild-cover-8.jpg

What are your top 5 fave albums by her btw?

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

20485-5-britney-spears-file.png

Y'all gonna destroy my fraudulent azz for this, but I haven't listened to any of Brit's music in over a year. I don't even know why I participated in any of @Slayer's megarates. Consider this a coming out - I'm coming out as a complete and total fraud. :explainlol_stare_spin: These days, I only use Exhale for pop music discussions and #FreeBritney updates. :clownery_makeup_meme:delete.thumb.JPG.b658f958b768d5a0cd876e8dfafbf86f.JPG

I am reporting your account. 

Your behavior is truly disgusting and I'm gonna contact Jordan and make you be banned from Exhale permanently. 

lea michele theres the door GIF by ScreamQueens

• Haha 3

So I’m out growing Britney, Im 21 now and no longer a closeted gay kid at school who use to look up to Britney as a leader tbh. I’m not as obsessed with her care anymore and now since realizing Britney is a prisoner I can no longer view her the same but her strength still shines through, I kinda just want her free now, and if she releases new music I’ll be happy…

ive moved on to doja cat, just got into little mix, dua peep, cholexhalle, also RINA SAWAYAMA IS THAT POP GIRL!!!!! She’s is so underrated, I’ve also begun to appreciate rap and r&b more too.…

I also out grew melonie Martinez, I actually loved k-12 because it came out right after I graduated school, so I connected with it for like a year until I said ok I’m an adult now no more crying over high school lol

Ariana is a special case- she’s a really wishy washy artist in my opinion. She is filled with so much talent and I absolutely love her but her music is so lackluster and hardly shows off her range and talents, she’s always chasing trends, Culture Appropriating, or just doing something offensive… so I liked her first 2 albums a lot back when she was singing more naturally. Dangerous Woman had potential to be great but this was when she started chasing trends, and the album while filled with beautiful songs felt so generic… I completely ignored the sweetener era but she was still a hot topic due to her relationship with Pete Davidson, I also found no tears left to cry quite catchy and a beautiful song considering the meaning and liked her performance for god is woman on vmas but that was it, why did she give that boy a song!???

but then THANK YOU, NEXT comes out and I’m shook af and fall in love with the album but not necessarily Ariana lol… she still wasn’t on my radar when positions came out but once again as a member of the gp I found that song catchy af, months later I finally listened to the album and find it very nice r&b smooth mature sounding album it was just so short tho…but then she releases the Netflix concert and omfg I’m in ahhhh of her performances and I begin falling in love with her and the songs, she just so friggen cute and talented man and I love how cute she is when she dances!!! So ig im an ari stan until I outgrow her again  lol

• Love 1

Britney will always and forever be my number 1. But I’ve listened to her music so much that I don’t seek it out anymore. If I hear it, it’s because my Apple Music shuffle played it. #FreeBritney

I used to love Selena Gomez. I thought she would be the next it girl for me. But Ingot tired of her singing about Justin all the time. It got old. Fast forward to how she’s acting regarding her music career, and disregarding her past albums while teasing ‘SG3’, I’m pretty much done with her. 

I used to love Gaga, but her music doesn’t hit anymore. I stan Sine from Above though. 

**** JT, never will listen to his music again

Beyoncé’s music got old. She’s just not my taste anymore. 

• Love 1

I feel like I've really outgrown top 40 pop music (genuinely cannot remember the last time I checked for the charts). I don't think music is bad now because I've discovered so many new artists & genres that I do listen to on a regular basis, its just that what's popular amongst younger people I don't really "get".

why do I sound so old :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 1

Honestly Lady Gaga and Britney spears..

It was fun as a kid, but I'm more into European pop and International music.

My favorite acts are from the UK, Sweden, Australia and Germany (especially Nena).

The American market sucks except Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Mariah Carey and TLC..

But my overall music is From Europr..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Midnight said:

plus I also love the photoshoot for that album, she served honestly.

What are your top 5 fave albums by her btw?

The standard edition cover is one of her best. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: In terms of albums, it's a tough call, but currently my list probably looks something like this:

1. American Life
  2. Like a Prayer (+ Supernatural)
  3. Music
  4. Bedtime Stories
  5. Madame X

The 00s were her musical peak, and I stand by that statement wholeheartedly. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: Don't cancel me for not including Ray of Light. My brain is too small to digest it. I'm waiting for some sort of spiritual awakening / epiphany, so that I can fully enjoy it. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

You forgot Hard Candy too! 

I love Hard Candy, tbh, but I totally understand where the people who dislike it are coming from. It's definitely not good for her standards in terms of creativity and breaking new ground, but it's a damn good pop album if you ask me. Spanish Lesson is the only song I don't vibe with. If anything, what hurts the album most is Pharrell and Timbaland's tendency to make songs much longer than they should be with annoying interludes, intros, outros, etc. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MX3 said:

I was obsessed with Avril lavigne from her debut up until goodbye lullaby. I went to every tour, I dressed exactly like her and styled my hair like her IN EVERY SINGLE ERA. I had the black underneath and then went to blonde (which I still am) and got pink clip-in extensions during TBDT era too. 

ANYWAYS....when her self-titled came out I just wasn't as into the music. Ever since then, I check for her and like a few songs here and there on each album but I definitely feel like I outgrew her.

I think Avril was never meant to last that long anyway. I mean, a lot of her fans were emos, punks, scene kids, etc., and those are phases that usually don't last very long, so people grew out of her music faster than normal. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Well, at least you got to enjoy her music up until Self-Tilted because I know a lot of people stopped enjoying it with the release of The Best Damn Thing (even if it's her best album, in my humble opinion). I don't have a lot of CDs, but I do own TBDT:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I feel like I've really outgrown top 40 pop music (genuinely cannot remember the last time I checked for the charts). I don't think music is bad now because I've discovered so many new artists & genres that I do listen to on a regular basis, its just that what's popular amongst younger people I don't really "get".

why do I sound so old :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I toootaaally get what you mean despite being 21. I stopped listening to the charts around the time streaming started becoming big because I could actually choose what I wanted to listen to. It irks me when people say that music isn't good these days - you just have to look for it and curate your own library. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: Lemme look at the charts and see how many songs in the top 50 I know / have deliberately listened to. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Lol, 3 songs (Levitating, Blinding Lights, and Call Me By Your Name). :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: Just a month or two ago, I found an artist with 700 subscribers on YT and 70k monthly listeners on Spotify, and I think that's so freakin' cool. While streaming has ruined a lot of things, it has also opened so many doors. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MX3 said:

I was obsessed with Avril lavigne from her debut up until goodbye lullaby. I went to every tour, I dressed exactly like her and styled my hair like her IN EVERY SINGLE ERA. I had the black underneath and then went to blonde (which I still am) and got pink clip-in extensions during TBDT era too. 

ANYWAYS....when her self-titled came out I just wasn't as into the music. Ever since then, I check for her and like a few songs here and there on each album but I definitely feel like I outgrew her.

i was the same. i loved Avril Lavigne up until GL. I loved  The Best Damn Thing album and still love it now. But the problem was after TBDT, she took 4 years out, grew up and understandably wanted to make a more mature album because she wasnt 17/18 anymore but she just lost me by that point. kinda like we grew apart from each other

i havent really outgrown anyone else tbh. i became a Britney fan in 2000 when i was 9 and a p!nk fan around 2002 when i was 11, and im 30 now and still a massive fan of them but then over the years they have grown up and matured with me, but not so much as Avril did. Avril completely changed her sound and appearance where as Britney still does pop and pink still does pop/rock stuff but its just matured a bit,   if that makes sense.  i did used to like a garage rap UK group called Blazin Squad when i was 11 and they only were together for like 2 years, and i listened to some of their songs last year and thought why the hell did i like them. i actually met them backstage in 2003 when i was 12 and saw them in concert and was really excited, but now i realise how crap they were

i have to say though, i was a massive spice girls fan when i was 5 to i was 9 when they broke up in 2000, and im still a massive fan and still love their music and watching their old documentaries. and at 28, i saw them live for the first time [unfortunately without victoria which even though i didnt really miss her, i'd still love to see all  5 of them live one day] in 2019 and loved every minute of it . so i havent outgrown the spice girls whatsoever

• Love 1
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, CarTurn said:

Britney will always and forever be my number 1. But I’ve listened to her music so much that I don’t seek it out anymore. If I hear it, it’s because my Apple Music shuffle played it. #FreeBritney

i dont listen to Britney so much now but its only because she hasnt released  an album in 5 years and ive exhausted all her other albums like you've said. so i dont think we've outgrown her because i still love her and her albums, its just we havent had any new music from her in 5 years , well apart from Swimming with the stars, and matches last year which werent even new, just unreleased Glory songs, and we've listened to her other stuff so much. coz when Britney released a new album, i'd play it a lot for the first few months, then when i was getting a bit fed up of it i'd then go back and listen to her old stuff for a few months, then jump back to her new album. but the past 5 years, we've only had her old stuff to listen to. i know thats still 9 albums which is a lot but new music keeps it fresh for fans 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

So these are exceptions for songs I really like, but like I won’t check for new stuff, listen to full albums, overall care whether or not they release anything new: Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, etc. so many to list tbh :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

I was waiting for you to mention Taylor. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: And the fact that you've already outgrown Hillbillie even though girl has barely been around. TBH, I still haven't listened to any of her music, which is weird because I love alt-pop girlies. It's probably my annoying-azz inner hipster being like, "No, she's too popular." :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block