Do you have a Britney song that you used to love but don't like anymore?

16 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I kinda forced myself to like Glory, and it does have it's great songs but for the most part I found it to be kinda of repetitive and bland/generic. I don't like it much anymore, I was actually trying to play the vinyl the other day and I turned it off after the fourth song :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

I never liked Mood Ring though, I did like one of the remixes on the re-release.

Wow it just made me kind of sad you had to force yourself ngl:britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: Sadly I agree with it being a bit bland and generic. Especially the upbeat songs that were made to sound like hits... They feel too formulaic and with no emotion or excitement. It now makes sense why, most of the people who worked on the album were associated with Lou like Justin Tranter and she can’t reach out to artists she’s actually interested in. I don’t think this album was her vision 100% so we don’t have to feel bad about feeling this way :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Well, not really. But was anyone else over the moon with Glory and considering it her best album ever when it was released, and months later the hype was completely gone and you just don't listen to it as much anymore? :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: Because that's what happened to me. I thought it was flawless but it really is nothing like that. Quite an improvement coming from Britney Jean, but still not as great as what she is able to make when she's very hands on and passionate. Mood Ring is like one of her best songs ever but it is a different vibe compared to the rest of the album, maybe that's why it was just a Japan bonus track.

Agreed - it’s not a bad album but at all but was missing something. I think stop working with Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels. They’re music is more suited for like Target & Walmart than a Stadium Tour :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, Million Billion said:

This is me basically with her entire discogrphy. Ofc, I still listen to some random songs from random albums, I have been lately working out to Cant Make You Love Me, Bombastic Love, and some of those but overall, I need to be in the mood to actually listen to her music as much as I enjoy other more current music. Yes, I love her but after all these years it has become.... you know, weird. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

maybe it is because she hasn't produced very good material. Most of her fans, rely on the past

2 minutes ago, kfitz421 said:

Agreed - it’s not a bad album but at all but was missing something. I think stop working with Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels. They’re music is more suited for like Target & Walmart than a Stadium Tour :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

THIS PART!!! They’re responsible for the most generic songs. And to think Justin Tranter was going to be the executive producer of her next album... It makes me shiver :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

We sort of know Britney’s taste in music and it’s really diverse and different. She likes Lily Allen, Janet, Amy Winehouse, Otis Redding, Brandy... Making her work with Justin Bieber/Selena Gomez’s go to songwriters and producers was never a good idea.

I’m not that familiar with Billie Eilish but I would LOVE if she reached out to Finneas for her next album. They could explore feelings like loneliness, pain, hopelessness. Not in a crybaby way but in an artistic way.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, kfitz421 said:

Haha and yeah @boyinthemirror I agree about Glory.  
I was never one of those people who praise it as part of the “holy trinity” for me that’s Blackout, Femme Fatale, ITZ.  People swapping any of those out of their top 3 for Glory were/are reaching a bit.  It has a handful of really good songs and a handful of pretty freakin weird ones lol.  Nothing GREAT IMO.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

I was never one of those people who praise it as part of the “holy trinity” for me that’s Blackout, Femme Fatale, ITZ.  People swapping any of those out of their top 3 for Glory were/are reaching a bit.  It has a handful of really good songs and a handful of pretty freakin weird ones lol.  Nothing GREAT IMO.

And this is not a Glory hate train at all! I think we can all agree it was an improvement and a relief hearing her sing. :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: I like some of the weird ones like Private Show, Clumsy and What You Need. They show a quirky side of her and I enjoyed it but the execution wasn’t good :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I hear till the world ends now and I’m like, “god how did I like this song?” Lol at the time I kind of felt it was very Kesha and generic but still liked it because it was Brit and it was at the height of dance on radio. So I would literally just like everything that made me dance. Now tracks gotta try harder for me to shake it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, joe sp said:

It has happened to me with a lot of her songs... "My Prerogative" was the last song I've heard of her a couple of days ago

I'm not into any of her songs right now

I haven’t listened to her in a while. I’m thinking we’re aging out of the stuff she’s made 😂 she needs to make a grown album. Something personal, where you can hear the pain in her voice. But that’s just me 🙋🏻‍♂️

• Love 3
3 hours ago, IRunAway said:

For me, the holy trinity is In the Zone, Britney, and Blackout. A few years after it was released in 2001, I no longer thought Britney was that great of an album... but now I realize I was WRONG. (Save for I Love Rock 'n Roll and What It's Like to Be Me.)

I love the idea of Glory because Britney seemed so much freer and involved in 2016. And I do love some songs on the album! But I don't even like Man on the Moon, etc. After Britney's comments that were cut from Jonathan Ross (which he confirmed earlier this year were indeed true) about having a conservatorship for many years and not having much input on Britney Jean but Glory being her baby, I do believe she was genuinely invested.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, IRunAway said:

1 hour ago, NotBuyingIt said:
4 hours ago, IRunAway said:

For me, the holy trinity is In the Zone, Britney, and Blackout.

The way all of you are wrong and her trinity is Oops!..., Britney, and In the Zone. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

2 hours ago, Aymama said:

I haven’t listened to her in a while. I’m thinking we’re aging out of the stuff she’s made 😂 she needs to make a grown album. Something personal, where you can hear the pain in her voice. But that’s just me 🙋🏻‍♂️

100:enigma_alien_blue:

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The way all of you are wrong and her trinity is Oops!..., Britney, and In the Zone. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

TBH, that was a hard choice - I was jamming out to Oops last night and holy ****, every single song except Dear Diary slams. Where Are You Now is still one of my favorite songs ever.

And this is coming from a Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, etc. fan. I like Rolling Stones’ music better than Britney’s (but like Britney’s overall persona more than theirs), yet I think her version of Satisfaction is FIRE. I don’t get the hate!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, pop analyst said:

maybe it is because she hasn't produced very good material. Most of her fans, rely on the past

Well, in my case, I feel like it's more because I have listened to her music for soooooooo long that now it's like ok, it's a great song, cool and skip it. 

When Glory came out I used to listen to it a lot because it was new and fresh. Now, I really need to be in the mood to say, lets listen to BOMT, OOPS, and so on. 

The only music of hers I currently listen to is Femme Fatale when I work out, some random Blackout songs and songs from here and there. 

• Love 1

Wow… I’m surprised by the amount of fans who have turned on Toxic. I was actually the opposite. I remember making my uncle drive me to the shops to buy In The Zone the day it was released and I was so excited to hear Breathe On Me. It’s seriously been my favourite song since the moment I heard it and I remember hearing that it was lined up to be a single (still shattered that it wasn’t… I’ll never get over it!) I couldn’t believe Britney didn’t make Breathe On Me the lead single or even the second single. I always found Toxic to be overrated and NEVER listened it. I would never play it then about two years ago it came on when I had my entire music library on shuffle and since then I’ve loved it but from 2003 until 2019… :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Love 3