Olivia Rodrigo says she wants to make music like Lorde

Lorde said she was releasing her new album sometime this year... let’s hope she’s not pulling an Adele.

As for Olivia, Drivers License was cute and the bridge was very lorde-esque but ‘Deja Vu’ is meh and feels juvenile... also her album cover is so ugly and the title (SOUR???) ain’t it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ExXL said:

"musicians" nowadays are so original Tiffany Pollard Eye Roll GIF

If I closed my eyes listening to driver's license and lose my focus her voice was like Lorde's. Especially in the chorus. And I don't really mean it in a good way. It felt kind of like a rip off, because she kept mentioning Taylor's influence on her, but the singing sounded like a walmart version of Lorde. I liked that song because I miss her. Sorry stansCoffee Time Movie GIF

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

the singing sounded like a walmart version of Lorde

This is sending me :queenie_falling_dying_dead::tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Anyway, I don't get this "I want to be like that person blah blah". Do we need another drama Gaga (new Madonna), Belcalis (new Nicki), Rita Ora/Shontelle (new Rihanna). These newbies should try to be themselves, write their own lyrics that move them. Create their own music that moves them. Be their authentic self. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: 

• Love 1

at least lorde had a few good songs like Ribs for example.

this olivia girl is so dull, tame, insipid, flavorless, minimalist and boring... idk, it's just so generic. It's not even bad or mediocre, it's just ... i feel nothing when i listen to her. Everything feels so dull. I'm really bored of these singers that try to be minimalist just because they're scared of taking risks.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Musicians today really lack originality, which really does go hand in hand with the gen Z mentality. It's just basically dressing nearly the same, behaving like you dont give a **** about anything (it's original when a couple of people do it, not an entire generation of 100 of millions kids), listening to the same music, buying the same products, having the exact same sense of humor.

So no wonder that gen z artists will just basically copy whatever is already on the market. Originality is not their strongest suit. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block