Britney: I didn’t watch the documentary but I was embarrassed by the light they put me in, I cried for two weeks

Whether she wrote it or not (I personally don't believe she wrote it, but I also believe it's partially true).... I think she's tired of being labelled as crazy, mentally ill, a victim, someone needing help, etc.  even if that's her reality while she suffers behind the scenes with everything she has being used against her. I think she's also tired of every era being a "comeback" (as she said herself, "i dont' know why people keep calling it a comeback, i've been here all along"). I think she just wants to be normal and not a special case because then it puts more attention on her, and also she's not the type of person that likes people to feel pity for her. She's super strong and humble and moved on from the past.

But I also believe she DID watch it. Fe knows Britney so well, and she wouldn't have done that if Britney wouldn't like it.  Though, it could also be possible she didn't watch it because who knows if she even has access to TV.... and if that's the case when the caption says 'from what I've seen of it' she's probably referring to the small clips available on social media and YouTube and the news.

I'm sure she appreciates all the support, but I also think she doesn't like her issues in the spotlight. Though, if it does make a difference in congress, I'm sure she'd feel better about it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Applejack said:

I think the Michael Sands jump from being MVK and KFed's spokesperson to being Lutfi and Eardley's spokesperson was a kind of weird move in of itself

Do u have any more info about this? Like the time he changed and how long he was with MVK and then with Eardley? 

5 hours ago, Roger said:

I agree. Jamie doesn't love her. You don't know what he did to someone you love. You don't charge a loved one 18k a month. He loves what she represents : a "race horse".

with narcassists (pathological, because that word gets thrown around a lot these days) its very common that they have a golden child and a scape goat..i guess you can figure out who of the sisters is who ;)

8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Absolutely!

The temporary conservatorship was originally set to last for two weeks...It was later extended...and then extended again.

It was made permanent on October 28, 2008 — presumably so she could be insured for the Circus Tour which launched four months later.

She'd already lost millions on the Onyx Hotel Tour because her insurance company refused to compensate her. (The case went to court, but I've never heard the result, so I'm going to assume she lost millions on Onyx.) It is highly likely it was her insurance company that provoked the unexpected switch from temporary to permanent.

Source: https://www.contactmusic.com/britney-spears/news/britney-sues-her-insurance-companies-over-onyx-hotel-tour

The permanent conservatorship can be seen as nothing more than a business deal...a "hybrid business model," if you will.

Nefarious indeed.

7 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I'm glad you brought up the Onyx Hotel Tour and the fact that there was never a reported outcome of her lawsuit.

And you're actually saying  about the insurance company was actually reported on by OK Magazine back in 2009...

Britney is featured as the main cover story on this week’s issue of OK! magazine, in which the mag claims Britney “voluntarily” gave up time with her kids in order to tour.

“Last fall, as The circus Starring Britney Spears tour was being organized, Britney’s camp discovered that because of the star’s troubled history, they could not purchase insurance to cover her tour unless she was still under the conservatorship of her father, Jamie Spears. Until that point, the plan was for the conservatorship to be lifted on December 31, followed immediately by Britney, 27, going into family court with a petition to regain custody of Preston and Jayden. But “the insurance situation changed everything.”

https://www.breatheheavy.com/ok-magazine-january-19/

And yet, the conservatorship was still extended past Circus...

7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

And there you go.

That was the moment that changed everything.

There's no doubt in my mind that Jamie Spears loves his daughter...I'm sure he went into this with the best of intentions.

But Jamie has been manipulated and CON'd.

I don't believe Jamie was the mastermind behind the temporary conservatorship or the permanent conservatorship. Not for a second. He's not that bright.

But he's allowed himself to be swallowed by the power.

4 hours ago, Intheblue said:

The conservatorship from a business perspective is what got her tours and residency lit. It was their insurance policy to ensure she performed and stayed on brand. 

You guys talk about Demi, but has she toured. I think Britney was going down the Lindsey Lohan route where no one would’ve wanted to work with her nor would her label support her unless they had a way of guaranteeing she’d show up and perform. 

it ****ed up, but I’m certain the record label and tour sponsors required the conservatorship in their contracts ... it also made her less responsible for any issues ... so it was all handled by team con. It’s obvious domination she fought back and they pulled the plug . 

I think from a business perspective Britney was fine with the conservatorship which is kind of what Brian Spears alluded to. I think from a personal perspective she wanted to live her life and her dad kept signing contracts on her behalf and she just wanted to stop and they wouldn’t let her . 

also people keep saying she isn’t working, let’s be clear that we’re in covid so there isn’t much money in the music industry right now but once covid is over ... it will be  interesting how the brand moves forward. They’re in essence not losing anything . So somehow when she would be able to tour or have a show they’ll move this **** forward to make sure she can make them money again

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

but the conservatorship wasn't the record label's idea, nor the tour sponsors'. If they took it was because it was already there.

if an artist can't commit to a contract, they get fired and sued and that's it, everyone is replaceable, otherwise you would see artists left and right being placed under conservatorships by their managers to force them into fulfilling their obligations. I'm sure they would've asked some sort of warranty that she wasn't quit mid-tour or mid-show, but I doubt they would've explicitly asked for a conservatorship of all things. That must've been what Team Jamie offered to them in any case. And of course their fault was accepting it.

But tbh, every artist must commit to doing a certain amount of shows under a series of conditions, and if they fail to meet their obligations, they get sued. It happens all the time, why would they specifically ask an extra reassurance with Britney in particular? If she didn't show up for a concert or whatever, they would've just made her conservators pay them a penalization. Why did they need a conservatorship? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

It was not the label's idea but when they get down to negotiate a contract, the label would need some kind of proof that Britney will stick to her contract so they don't lose the money. Her team just show the conservatorship and that through it they guarantee that she will fulfill her contract. Plus, as already mentioned, the conservatorship helped them get insurance so they don't lose a lot of money in case something bad happens. We don't know what the situation was back then but it wouldn't be totally impossible if people/companies/labels didn't want to invest money in Britney the brand due to her public meltdown and what everyone thought of her at the time. She seemed out of control and sites were reporting that she's losing a lot of money. If her team approaches you with a deal in which you need to invest money, you probably won't automatically sign that contract; you'd want some guarantee/proof that she won't suddenly decide to cancel the show because not only will she lose a lot in the end, but your investments will also be affected. Moreover, when the conservatorship was put in place, her career was flourishing (the comeback) and companies may have seen this success as a result of the conservatorship. They most likely questioned if her career would continue to flourish if the conservatorship ends because Britney would then be unpredictable. It is unique to her situation and her business and I'm assuming that the conservatorship remained in place for such a long time due to it being used as a guarantee that she will fulfill her contractual obligations and not suddenly back off (that probably being based on her medical record). I don't really know. It's just a speculation. Yes, they can ask for other types of proof that she'll stick to her contract but it seems like using the conservatorship has worked well, so why bother making another document? It's most likely about the money lol

Plus, was it not confirmed that if she wanted to go to on the FF tour and also the POM residency, she was "asked" to remain in the conservatorship. Like, if she wants the deal and the money, the conservatorship will have to stay in place. 

I'm sure that there are other ways to ensure she won't break the contract and that a conservatorship is not needed but I suppose it's up to her team to fight for that other way. 

• Love 1

Ok... I have to say this after TrashMZ and their “it was 100% Britney’s own words freely expressed” post... 

IF Britney is free to post all her own social media content,

IF she is coherent, thoughtful, and intelligent,

IF it wasn’t vetted or filtered and her team insists that she can express herself without help or guidance...

THEN WHY DOES SHE NEED A CONSERVATORSHIP???????? 

Either she is INCAPACITATED,

or she is CAPABLE AND FREE.

YOU CAN’T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

Since the CONSHIP insists she is free and independent, DISSOLVE AND LET HER GO.  By your own admission SHE DOESN’T NEED YOU! FFS!!!!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jennyj said:

Whether she wrote it or not (I personally don't believe she wrote it, but I also believe it's partially true).... I think she's tired of being labelled as crazy, mentally ill, a victim, someone needing help, etc.  even if that's her reality while she suffers behind the scenes with everything she has being used against her. I think she's also tired of every era being a "comeback" (as she said herself, "i dont' know why people keep calling it a comeback, i've been here all along"). I think she just wants to be normal and not a special case because then it puts more attention on her, and also she's not the type of person that likes people to feel pity for her. She's super strong and humble and moved on from the past.

But I also believe she DID watch it. Fe knows Britney so well, and she wouldn't have done that if Britney wouldn't like it.  Though, it could also be possible she didn't watch it because who knows if she even has access to TV.... and if that's the case when the caption says 'from what I've seen of it' she's probably referring to the small clips available on social media and YouTube and the news.

I'm sure she appreciates all the support, but I also think she doesn't like her issues in the spotlight. Though, if it does make a difference in congress, I'm sure she'd feel better about it.

She maybe believes the C-ship is permanent thing and no one can help get out of it so preferers no one talking about it. We have hope that a documentary could possibly help that's why we keep pushing freeBritney but Britney might not feel that way. 

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

but the conservatorship wasn't the record label's idea, nor the tour sponsors'. If they took it was because it was already there.

if an artist can't commit to a contract, they get fired and sued and that's it, everyone is replaceable, otherwise you would see artists left and right being placed under conservatorships by their managers to force them into fulfilling their obligations. I'm sure they would've asked some sort of warranty that she wasn't quit mid-tour or mid-show, but I doubt they would've explicitly asked for a conservatorship of all things. That must've been what Team Jamie offered to them in any case. And of course their fault was accepting it.

But tbh, every artist must commit to doing a certain amount of shows under a series of conditions, and if they fail to meet their obligations, they get sued. It happens all the time, why would they specifically ask an extra reassurance with Britney in particular? If she didn't show up for a concert or whatever, they would've just made her conservators pay them a penalization. Why did they need a conservatorship? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

This!

Cship does not and cannot give any guarantees. How can Cship even guarantee anything? It is strange even from a business point of view, to officially hire a severely mentally ill person who needs a probate conservatorship.

There are many problematic stars (more so than Britney ever was), whose team finds a way out so that they can go on tour and etc ...

So I more than sure it was a condition of team con, and not an insurance company/the record label/the tour sponsors. They wanted to make her Cship permanent and used that as an excuse.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, bbbsss said:

I don’t think they force her, but instead they just give her instructions on what to do. They probably told her that the fans are loving her dance videos, so they need more. They also present her with a list of questions that literally not a single living soul has been asking her and tell her this is from the fans. She records the videos, sends it to them and they post it, hence the constant LQ of her videos. That’s how I think it works. 

I don't think so.

There's also my theory that she really feels that way cause her team showed her some parts of the documentary out of context or showed her something different and said it was the documentary to make her feel bad about it. But that kinda wouldn't make sense as Sam ''is a good guy'' that is always around her. But there's obviously something that doesn't add up 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Applejack said:

i dont think its a question of whether he loves or not. I do actually agree that he does love her and might have thought he was saving her, but the point is that from the start the mindset around Britney wasn't healthy. He wanted her to get back to work and resume her successful career, as if she didn't have any other personal or mental issues to work on. I can even see that he had no idea that being a probate conservator and forcing someone else to bring in millions wasn't ethical but... you know.

Rumors actually started swirling on late March, actually. By April 1st he seemed to be pretty on par with the new situation and talked about HIMYM, how great she was, and how close he was to her parents. So I wouldn't doubt they were talking about a comeback as soon as February or sooner.

Also, this timeline showing how Britney's schedule changed when Larry came back

Yeah, reign-deer.com doesn't have any saves from 2008 on Wayback Machine

I'm pretty sure she was back on the Reign Deer site before she was even released from the second 5150.

I still have all of my emails from the time period when there was a group of us sleuthing over at JFXOnline...I bet my mind would be blown if I ever read through them.

• Love 1