BJS Kids & Family Trust : A Research Thread

17 hours ago, B. Leigh said:

No in exchange for her father stepping aside...I don't think the daughter was ever involved enough to step aside from anything...and she isn't Jamie's niece...she is the niece of his ex-wife so I don't think they have this family bond thing going...

That's what I was thinking...That it would be an agreement between the two uncles, if anything.

I'll post any further info on the land sales in the "Lynne Spears Legal Manoeuvres" thread so that we can keep this thread focused on the BJS Kids & Family Trust...It will make things easier to find later on.

EDIT: Paxton has already done some work on Bridgmore over in the other thread.

EDIT #2: I was wrong. Paxton's work is over in the "Missing Documents" thread. I guess the land sales work is best in this thread since Bridgmore Timber, LLC overlaps with the SJB Revocable Trust and Reggie Covington's role as a POA over the Louisiana assets.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
Adding a new detail.
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

F.    Mr. Spears Engaged in Self-dealing in Connection With the Purchase and Sale of Ms. Spears’s Childhood Home

67.                 Mr. Spears also engaged in self-dealing when, in his capacity as Conservator, he purchased Ms. Spears’s childhood home for himself. Jamie and Lynne Spears originally purchased 14550 Greenlaw Church Rd., Kentwood, LA in July 1980, which was subdivided into three parcels. In August 1986, the bank foreclosed on the parcel of land that included Ms. Spears’s family home. In February 2002, Bridgmore Timber, LLC (“Bridgmore”), an entity owned by Britney Spears, purchased this parcel from the bank for $56,000.

I don't know how this fits in to the bigger picture, if at all...

But one week after Britney entered rehab there was a mortgage taken out for $75,000 on Britney's childhood home...Feb. 27, 2007, and she went into Promises on Feb. 21, 2007.

It appears to have been cancelled on Feb. 8, 2010.

spacer.png

It will cost approx. $23 to obtain the three-page document...I don't know if it's worth it. Probably not.

Just posting in case the little tidbit comes in handy later on.

• Love 1

In 2016, there was a Deed created with "Jamie & Lynne Inc." as the vendor and James Spears as the Vendee.

spacer.png

The LLC: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/33730250D

And then in 2017, there is a Deed created between Bridgmore Timber, LLC (and Bridgemore Timber, LLC) and James Spears for $59,688.18.

spacer.png

Finally, in 2021, we have a Deed created between James Spears and the person who purchased the property for $275,000.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
19 hours ago, B. Leigh said:

No in exchange for her father stepping aside...I don't think the daughter was ever involved enough to step aside from anything...and she isn't Jamie's niece...she is the niece of his ex-wife so I don't think they have this family bond thing going...

Oh shyt I am so dumb! I assumed from the beginning that sale to Laura Lynn happened fairly recently, that's why it made no sense to me the "stepping aside" because I assumed the sale happened years after uncle Reggie left! But you're right, there's no date to the sale so I guess it could have happened back in 2009 or 2011 or whatever. 

It was very late last night when I wrote that, my brain was asleep already 

EDIT: 

Actually my brain is still asleep, because I just now saw the purchase happened in 2016... so they promised uncle Reggie in 2009 a piece of land for his daughter in the future, in exchange for him leaving then? I don't know... Could be, but it feels slightly far fetched...

Edited by Tar_isa
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Tar_isa said:

Oh shyt I am so dumb! I assumed from the beginning that sale to Laura Lynn happened fairly recently, that's why it made no sense to me the "stepping aside" because I assumed the sale happened years after uncle Reggie left! But you're right, there's no date to the sale so I guess it could have happened back in 2009 or 2011 or whatever. 

It was very late last night when I wrote that, my brain was asleep already 

EDIT: 

Actually my brain is still asleep, because I just now saw the purchase happened in 2016... so they promised uncle Reggie in 2009 a piece of land for his daughter in the future, in exchange for him leaving then? I don't know... Could be, but it feels slightly far fetched...

Do we have confirmation that he stepped down in all capacities in 2009?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

EDIT: 

38 minutes ago, B. Leigh said:

Do we have confirmation that he stepped down in all capacities in 2009?

We actually don't know that yet.

That's the reason I've been going through the land records today...I'm trying to find some kind of a lead on that.

We have mortgage/deed action going on with multiple properties in multiple years such as 2007, 2010, 2016, and 2018...But if Uncle Reg has Power of Attorney, then perhaps his role wouldn't be affected until an actual sale takes place? Otherwise, it's just money moving between banks, right?

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

I just saw on twitter someone asked yesterday about the sell of Baby One More Mark to Jamie and Wallet in september 2018, and there are conflicting replies but one of the replies was this record of dates and entries of changes made:

I can't draw any conclusion, but maybe one of you can? You can see on 17 october 2018 "automatic update of assignment of ownership" and then a week later on the 24th "assignment of ownership not updated automatically", then some stuff in 2019 which I don't understand and then in september 2021 some changes made I imagine thanks to Rosengart's arrival. Or could those be changes made by Jamie right before he was suspended?

Edited by Tar_isa
last sentence
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

According to SwatTeam, he stepped back sometime in 2012

On 2/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

71.               Mr. Spears also sold several additional Bridgmore properties to third parties at a collective loss of over $800,000 to the Estate. In May 2001, Bridgmore purchased three parcels of land in East Feliciana Parish for $2,823,131.34 In February 2015, when Mr. Spears managed Bridgmore, he sold  these parcels of land to three separate parties for an aggregate total of $2,288,600— at a loss of more than

$500,000. In August 2001, Bridgmore purchased one parcel of land in East Feliciana Parish for $346,579.35 In March 2015, Mr. Spears sold this parcel for $257,600—at a loss of almost $90,000. In August 2002, Bridgmore purchased three parcels of land in East Feliciana Parish for $1,083,10736. In August 2021, while Mr. Spears was manager of Bridgmore, he sold these parcels for $815,000—at a loss of more than $250,000.

I knew I'd seen those docs on Twitter!

We don't have our first Bridgmore Timber, LLC sales until February of 2015...So early 2012 jives.

We still don't know why or how Reg Covington stepped down...Let's keep an eye on that one.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

According to SwatTeam, he stepped back sometime in 2012

Okay. So as of April 25, 2012, Uncle Reggie has relinquished POA over Britney's land in Louisiana. Why?

5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We don't have our first Bridgmore Timber, LLC sales until February of 2015...So early 2012 jives.

We still don't know why or how Reg Covington stepped down...Let's keep an eye on that one.

I'm trying to cut the Gordian knot here, and the simplest way is straight down the middle. 

I still believe that Uncle Reggie decided to enjoy his retirement around July, 2011. He was previously the president of the Bank of Greensburg, and that's when the Bank of Greensburg merged with First Guaranty Bank. 

It makes more sense combined with the following point:

On 2/11/2022 at 9:25 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

That's what I was thinking...That it would be an agreement between the two uncles, if anything.

@B. Leigh and @Steel Magnolia discussed a possible agreement between Uncle Reggie and Lynne Spears and/or Jamie Spears. I include Lynne Spears because I do not believe we can fully rule her out of the equation here, for multiple reasons; the primary one being that she had the strongest connection to Uncle Reggie--her brother-in-law--and the Covington family.

Let's consider this scenario as the most probable: Uncle Reggie held out as long as possible against Team Con until he was ready to retire. He possibly perceived Brit to be in a better place; that she would not be taken advantage of by her father and Team Con; he possibly felt that he did not have to protect her land assets any further. 

Why? I think we're missing Jason Trawick. He's another important person involved with Team Con and their relationship was a significant data point in Brit's conservatorship. 

--

Here's what's happening in Britney's life during 2011-2012:

December 15, 2011 - Jason Trawick proposes to Britney; she accepts. Exact date is per this article by Claudia Rosenbaum appearing on Vulture.

April 25, 2012 - four months later, in the same hearing quoted by the above Twitter handles, Jason Trawick was named as the co-conservator of Britney's person, ostensibly shifting Jamie Spears away from Britney's personal life. 

--

To be kinder to Uncle Reggie, because I do believe he had Brit's best interests at heart, it simply makes sense that he felt that his niece was more insulated from cookin' cruzin' chaotic Jamie Spears, and that she was happy.

If Lynne Spears was in Uncle Reggie's ear, she possibly confirmed that Brit was in a better space, telling Uncle Reggie that Jason was a good businessman who would care for Brit's wellbeing. Lynne might also have told Uncle Reg that Jason wouldn't mismanage Brit's properties, and Lynne might even have urged Uncle Reg to relinquish POA over Brit's land. OMG, I can imagine the convo now: "Better yet, there's a court date coming up where the family will propose that Jason be named as co-conservator of Britney's person. Judge Reva Goetz will likely approve this measure. Why don't we kill two birds with one stone and relinquish your POA at the same court date, so everything can be buttoned up? And you can enjoy your retirement and the fruits of your labors."

I simply do not think we can rule out how the members of the Spears family massage the family dynamics of Brit's business, especially when her extended family members have been looped into it. I also believe that Lynne was responsible for bringing in Uncle Reggie to manage the land properties in 1999, because he was a banker and had the head for those sorts of things. (I'm just imagining all of these scenarios in Lynne's soft voice...)

What do we think?

Now, I'm thinking about the timeline of Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears' relationship. 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

In 2010, there was a Deed created with Lynne Spears as the Vendor and James Spears as the Vendee.

The amount is $50,000.

spacer.png

Is this the date they separated?

I'm not sure about the date Jamie and Lynne separated. Wasn't Jamie living in Britney's childhood home in Kentwood for a period after the conservatorship was established? 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Y2KLady said:

Okay. So as of April 25, 2012, Uncle Reggie has relinquished POA over Britney's land in Louisiana. Why?

I'm trying to cut the Gordian knot here, and the simplest way is straight down the middle. 

I still believe that Uncle Reggie decided to enjoy his retirement around July, 2011. He was previously the president of the Bank of Greensburg, and that's when the Bank of Greensburg merged with First Guaranty Bank. 

It makes more sense combined with the following point:

@B. Leigh and @Steel Magnolia discussed a possible agreement between Uncle Reggie and Lynne Spears and/or Jamie Spears. I include Lynne Spears because I do not believe we can fully rule her out of the equation here, for multiple reasons; the primary one being that she had the strongest connection to Uncle Reggie--her brother-in-law--and the Covington family.

Let's consider this scenario as the most probable: Uncle Reggie held out as long as possible against Team Con until he was ready to retire. He possibly perceived Brit to be in a better place; that she would not be taken advantage of by her father and Team Con; he possibly felt that he did not have to protect her land assets any further. 

Why? I think we're missing Jason Trawick. He's another important person involved with Team Con and their relationship was a significant data point in Brit's conservatorship. 

--

Here's what's happening in Britney's life during 2011-2012:

December 15, 2011 - Jason Trawick proposes to Britney; she accepts. Exact date is per this article by Claudia Rosenbaum appearing on Vulture.

April 25, 2012 - four months later, in the same hearing quoted by the above Twitter handles, Jason Trawick was named as the co-conservator of Britney's person, ostensibly shifting Jamie Spears away from Britney's personal life. 

--

To be kinder to Uncle Reggie, because I do believe he had Brit's best interests at heart, it simply makes sense that he felt that his niece was more insulated from cookin' cruzin' chaotic Jamie Spears, and that she was happy.

If Lynne Spears was in Uncle Reggie's ear, she possibly confirmed that Brit was in a better space, telling Uncle Reggie that Jason was a good businessman who would care for Brit's wellbeing. Lynne might also have told Uncle Reg that Jason wouldn't mismanage Brit's properties, and Lynne might even have urged Uncle Reg to relinquish POA over Brit's land. OMG, I can imagine the convo now: "Better yet, there's a court date coming up where the family will propose that Jason be named as co-conservator of Britney's person. Judge Reva Goetz will likely approve this measure. Why don't we kill two birds with one stone and relinquish your POA at the same court date, so everything can be buttoned up? And you can enjoy your retirement and the fruits of your labors."

I simply do not think we can rule out how the members of the Spears family massage the family dynamics of Brit's business, especially when her extended family members have been looped into it. I also believe that Lynne was responsible for bringing in Uncle Reggie to manage the land properties in 1999, because he was a banker and had the head for those sorts of things. (I'm just imagining all of these scenarios in Lynne's soft voice...)

What do we think?

Now, I'm thinking about the timeline of Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears' relationship. 

I'm not sure about the date Jamie and Lynne separated. Wasn't Jamie living in Britney's childhood home in Kentwood for a period after the conservatorship was established? 

The only issue I have with this is that co-conservator of the person has nothing to do with the estate so relinquishing POA should have nothing to do with Britney's ex fiance...also why would Lynn not want protection from Jamie selling her home...when her brother in law stepped down as POA she was now at Jamie's mercy...

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, B. Leigh said:

The only issue I have with this is that co-conservator of the person has nothing to do with the estate so relinquishing POA should have nothing to do with Britney's ex fiance...also why would Lynn not want protection from Jamie selling her home...when her brother in law stepped down as POA she was now at Jamie's mercy...

Very fair points. But what if the Spears family justified the complete conservatorship to the extended family, i.e. Uncle Reggie and the Covingtons, as something totally tied to Britney's stability? They don't show their con faces there. I hate to keep bringing her up, but JL deploys this kind of logic throughout her book. 

They tried to pass off the entire con as keeping Brit safe, and as sound business practices and investments. My point is that the lines between business and Brit's personal life were totally blurred when Team Con presented the conservatorship to potential whistleblowers. 

Lynne Spears' relationship with Jamie Spears defies logic. I agree with the Eat, Pray, Britney girls who believe that Lynne is in love with Jamie and keeps going back to him.

What do you guys think happened with Uncle Reggie?

Edited by Y2KLady
clarity
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Y2KLady said:

Well, Bryan Spears thought nothing of throwing Reggie under the bus in this interview:

When the host implied that Reggie was stealing, Bryan didn't deny it and then painted himself as the saviour of Britney's finances.

So, I don't think there's any love lost between the two sides of the family...I can picture Reggie being threatened with a gun or a knife much easier than I can picture a cordial agreement between Jamie and Reggie.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Very fair points. But what if the Spears family justified the complete conservatorship to the extended family, i.e. Uncle Reggie and the Covingtons, as something totally tied to Britney's stability? They don't show their con faces there. I hate to keep bringing her up, but JL deploys this kind of logic throughout her book. 

They tried to pass off the entire con as keeping Brit safe, and as sound business practices and investments. My point is that the lines between business and Brit's personal life were totally blurred when Team Con presented the conservatorship to potential whistleblowers. 

Lynne Spears' relationship with Jamie Spears defies logic. I agree with the Eat, Pray, Britney girls who believe that Lynne is in love with Jamie and keeps going back to him.

TBH I don't think any of these ppl are good ppl...I don't think Uncle Reggie was actually stealing because that would have come up in court documents because Jamie and them would have had no problem throwing him under the bus...

Lynn loving Jamie, and wanting him to have full control over her are two different things...I can't imagine Lynn doing anything to put herself at Jamie's mercy and Uncle Reggie's daughter getting land from Britney's estate at Britney's detriment with the sign off of Jamie completely blows that theory out of the water imo...Jamie somehow got Reggie to step down and then gave his daughter a deal on land for a reason and what Jamie was doing with the land triggered Lynn to get involved in the con with lawyers that specialized in Louisiana land...we just don't know the details as to why...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Is Brian Spears a reliable narrator? I don't think we can trust his statements. Everyone's a suspect!!!

No, Bryan Spears is not a reliable narrator...In fact, I suspect it was Bryan who was "mismanaging" Britney's estate prior to the conservatorship.

I don't think Vivian Thoreen was lying when she made that statement...She just didn't specify who was mismanaging the money.

• Love 1
  • Like 3