BJS Kids & Family Trust : A Research Thread

On 2/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

It feels as if we need to plot the real estate deals on a map.

ProPublica created this really great interactive doc a few years back that made me think about it.

https://projects.propublica.org/louisiana/

Mapping is an amazing way to dig up dirt that researchers rarely think about.

Arc-GIS for the win!!! Thank you for utilizing this amazing tool. 

On 2/9/2022 at 2:33 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

"Jamie Spears was also alleged to have sold land owned by Bridgemore while he was co-managing the company. The transactions are alleged to have included the sale of a 154.57-acre lot to his niece and his nephew at a loss of nearly $300,00 in 2016, the declaration said."

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/britney-spears-says-father-took-millions-conservatorship-rcna12694

"...to his niece and his nephew..." These people were Laura Lynne Covington Matthews and her husband. See page 22 of Sherine Ebadi's declaration.

On 2/9/2022 at 3:43 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

Jamie, Larry, Lou, and Robin and any companies they owned need to be scrutinized.

I would love to start digging through these. Larry's companies would be the most fascinating, from my perspective. Don't forget that his number two (lol), Adam Leber, started his own talent management company called "Rebel" in 2021. 

On 2/9/2022 at 3:44 PM, generation glory said:

Dean Norris Reaction GIF by CBS
Lynne’s lifestyle was always at Jamie’s mercy. He had the legal authority to cut her off financially and basically take Serenity away from her. I think Lynne knew she’d made a mistake in listening to Lou & Jamie getting a conservatorship over Britney as early as 1/2009, which as I recall, was around the time Jordan reported that Lynne and Jamie got into a heated spat about either Britney or something regarding the cship/Britney. Jamie went rogue fast with Lou, Larry, Edan, Jive and probate court practically aiding and abetting him. Even though Lynne and Britney aren’t on good terms I don’t think Lynne’s in jeopardy of losing her home but I can see Britney cutting her off financially. So Lynne can breathe a sigh of relief about not having to worry about having a roof over her head.

Absolutely. 

Edited by Y2KLady
facts
  • Love 3
On 2/8/2022 at 2:56 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

I have work deadlines today but wanted to quickly note...

1. The "Service List" for changes to the Trust would be lovely to get a hold of (currently redacted). This would tell us if Lynne Spears was included in the plans.
  2. The beneficiaries of the "Kids & Family Trust" would be lovely to know (currently redacted).
  3. James Spears and Wallet are making the changes.
  4. They appear to have tried three times to change the Trust in 2017 (there are First, Second, and Third Supplements submitted in order to comply with California law).
  5. The submission of the third change comes on December 1, 2017. This is before JL asks to become Trustee.
  6. James Spears is signing the documents from Nashville, TN where he is living with JL.

Point 6 reinforces that JL was living in the same household with her dad when he signed off on documents for the Trust. I don't see how she can claim that she had no idea about being a freaking fiduciary and was simply following Team Con's advice on being named as a trustee. She was a part of Team Con. 

10 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I also like that theory of bringing JL on board after Bryan maybe refused. I can't see why would they go with JL as a first choice (especially seeing as she later backed out)

I love this theory. 

8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I found it...I won't post it.

It really is her old family home.

Were there any other pieces of land that Jamie Spears was buying or selling?

I'm posting this source so it's not buried. Here's Rosengart's latest filing, which was based on Sherine Ebadi's declaration. Search for "Bridgmore" or "timber" and the parcels of land will pop up. According to this filing, here are the pieces of land that Jamie Spears was buying or selling:

1. Britney's childhood home - address is listed. 

2. A storage facility in Kentwood, LA where I believe that Britney's stolen memorabilia is/was being stored, per this June, 2021 article by superstars Liz Day, Samantha Stark, and Joe Coscarelli in the New York Times. Address is 77068 Highway 1053, Kentwood, LA. Side note: this is also the property where Jamie was living in an RV. :clownery_makeup_meme:

3. Many parcels of timber land in East Feliciana Parish, LA. The filing lists all the minutiae of purchasing and selling the land. It's a little opaque because these are forest areas...tough to follow. 

7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The land transactions for the family home began in 2016...Wallet submitted his "Third Supplement" in April 2017, so there were at least two prior requests from the court in 2016.

And then it looks like Bridgemore Timber sold other parcels of land in 2016...I know Paxton was posting about this over in the "Lynne Spears" thread so I'll have to check it out there when I get a chance.

@Steel Magnolia take a look at page 31 of Rosengart's filing when you have a chance. Also, Jamie Spears misspelled "Bridgemore" and it's technically "Bridgmore." 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Arc-GIS for the win!!! Thank you for utilizing this amazing tool. 

"...to his niece and his nephew..." These would be Laura Lynne Covington Matthews and one of her brothers, either Todd Covington or Rick Covington.

I would love to start digging through these. Larry's companies would be the most fascinating, from my perspective. Don't forget that his number two (lol), Adam Leber, started his own talent management company called "Rebel" in 2021. 

Absolutely. 

Leber!! Yess you are totally right. I did forget about him. I’m going to edit my post to include him.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cap87 said:

Is Britney back in control of her brand?

Honestly? I have no idea. I really, really, really hope so. There were dozens of Britney brands licensed under her name. One of the biggest questions I have is whether she or her legal team is in control of the revenue from her perfumes.

Does anyone know of her representation besides Rosengart, and, I presume, Cade? Has Brit hired a new management team? I don't think so, because she's focused on healing and revenge (as she should be!!!).

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Point 6 reinforces that JL was living in the same household with her dad when he signed off on documents for the Trust. I don't see how she can claim that she had no idea about being a freaking fiduciary and was simply following Team Con's advice on being named as a trustee. She was a part of Team Con. 

I love this theory. 

I'm posting this source so it's not buried. Here's Rosengart's latest filing, which was based on Sherine Ebadi's declaration. Search for "Bridgmore" or "timber" and the parcels of land will pop up. According to this filing, here are the pieces of land that Jamie Spears was buying or selling:

1. Britney's childhood home - address is listed. 

2. A storage facility in Kentwood, LA where I believe that Britney's stolen memorabilia is/was being stored, per this June, 2021 article by superstars Liz Day, Samantha Stark, and Joe Coscarelli in the New York Times. Address is 77068 Highway 1053, Kentwood, LA. Side note: this is also the property where Jamie was living in an RV. :clownery_makeup_meme:

3. Many parcels of timber land in East Feliciana Parish, LA. The filing lists all the minutiae of purchasing and selling the land. It's a little opaque because these are forest areas...tough to follow. 

@Steel Magnolia take a look at page 31 of Rosengart's filing when you have a chance. Also, Jamie Spears misspelled "Bridgemore" and it's technically "Bridgmore." 

Yass queen!

the storage facility is tied up with weird “commercial agreements” from the 2017 era..these court docs were added to the Britney Law Library!! ❤️❤️

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Yass queen!

the storage facility is tied up with weird “commercial agreements” from the 2017 era..these court docs were added to the Britney Law Library!! ❤️❤️

OMG I have to go check it out!!!!! I wonder which other commercial agreements?!!! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Honestly? I have no idea. I really, really, really hope so. There were dozens of Britney brands licensed under her name. One of the biggest questions I have is whether she or her legal team is in control of the revenue from her perfumes.

Does anyone know of her representation besides Rosengart, and, I presume, Cade? Has Brit hired a new management team? I don't think so, because she's focused on healing and revenge (as she should be!!!).

Adding to my response to @Cap87

remember when Prince became “The artist,” formerly known as “Prince”??

I have suspected that Britney was going to emerge with a new name because it seems pretty clear that Jamie Spears owns the Britney Spears brand. I became even MORE convinced this is true after Brit’s recent “you need to be born again…” Instagram post…I think this is a hint at her adopting a new name.

even if she loses the “Britney Spears” brand, Britney the person is the special part of the brand…not her name. The SPEARS NAME IS TRASH.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Adding to my response to @Cap87

remember when Prince became “The artist,” formerly known as “Prince”??

I have suspected that Britney was going to emerge with a new name because it seems pretty clear that Jamie Spears owns the Britney Spears brand. I became even MORE convinced this is true after Brit’s recent “you need to be born again…” Instagram post…I think this is a hint at her adopting a new name.

even if she loses the “Britney Spears” brand, Britney the person is the special part of the brand…not her name. The SPEARS NAME IS TRASH.

That sounds good

That would be dope if she changed her name

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Do we know what year?

I'm looking at some records that suggest that it occurred in Feb/Mar 2007...While Britney was physically still in Promises.

Could this be possible?

No that would have been too late...it was back when he was really messing up with alcohol and women...before he went to rehab in 04...

• Like 1

Hmmm I've said before I'd rather she kept her name because I see it as a F U and a reclaiming of her identity. On the other hand, her being "reborn" with a different after all she's been through would be something very special and really meaningful, and this idea is growing on me. And obviously if there are legal shenanigans behind the scenes with the brand, it makes even more sense... I still can't believe that ******* J.S. sold the brand to himself, I can't even believe how that's possible.

And you're right, she made a couple comments on ig that could mean this is where she's going. That said, I remember when Prince changed his name and that didn't work out great, I mean everybody still called him Prince. So I'm a little torn but I'm also on board with either choice.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Yass queen!

I wonder if the storage facility and "Baby One More Mark, LLC" went hand in hand?

For example...

Jamie would have been able to showcase her tour costumes and props in a travelling show, much the way that Princess Diana's wedding dress and evening dresses are a huge tourist attraction.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I wonder if the storage facility and "Baby One More Mark, LLC" went hand in hand?

For example...

Jamie would have been able to showcase her tour costumes and props in a travelling show, much the way that Princess Diana's wedding dress and evening dresses are a huge tourist attraction.

And auction them. I remember seeing some thread on twitter about how it looks like they have been auctioning some of Britney's stuff.

They even auctioned Marilyn's jeans, mere months after the conservatorship was put in place: https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/lot-486.aspx

• Like 2

I'm not sure which research thread this should go in, so I'll just leave it here.

From Page 12 of Rosengart's January 19, 2022 filing:

spacer.png

Key dates:

Dec. 11, 2006 - Spears Management, Inc. is incorporated in California with a mailing address listed in Kentwood, LA.

Mar. 3, 2009 - The first date of the Circus Starring Britney Spears occurs in New Orleans, LA.

Sept. 28, 2011 - James Spears is made Manager of the Femme Fatale tour, earning him over $1-million via a 2% cut of Larry's 10% commission.

Dec. 27, 2013 - "Britney: Piece Of Me" launches as a residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada.

June 3, 2017 - Britney plays her first show in Tokyo, Japan as part of the "Britney: Live In Concert" tour.

July 12, 2018 - The first show of the Piece of Me: Exclusive Limited Tour occurs at an MGM Resort in Maryland.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

For example...

Definitely. Most likely, Team Con envisioned something like that ghoulish Instagram museum, "The Zone: Britney Spears," in Los Angeles. It was basically a temporary exhibition of rooms that replicated the feeling of Brit's music videos. Those greedy monsters were charging $59.50 and up per ticket.  This article by Molly Lambert in the Los Angeles Times comments on how creepy it was to visit a temple to Britney's fame...without Britney.  

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Reading the footnotes...

Sherine Ebadi helped secure Paul Manafort's federal conviction. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

She's beyond royalty. They are gonna NAIL Team Con.  :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

1 hour ago, Tar_isa said:

And auction them. I remember seeing some thread on twitter about how it looks like they have been auctioning some of Britney's stuff.

They even auctioned Marilyn's jeans, mere months after the conservatorship was put in place: https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/lot-486.aspx

That auction was totally insane. There are still some items for sale on that guy's website! Thread:

1 hour ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

The creepiest part of this thread is realizing that Britney's death would seem to solve a lot of problems for teamcon in terms of continuing to maintain control of her estate and assets.

Truly, this is the darkest aspect of piecing together Team Con's efforts. Because of Britney's rightful work strike, they began to phase Britney the person out of Britney the brand. In a way, that's what the entire conservatorship was about, in the end. I'm so thankful that it's over. Dehumanization at its worst. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm not sure which research thread this should go in, so I'll just leave it here.

From Page 12 of Rosengart's January 19, 2022 filing:

spacer.png

Key dates:

Dec. 11, 2006 - Spears Management, Inc. is incorporated in California with a mailing address listed in Kentwood, LA.

Mar. 3, 2009 - The first date of the Circus Starring Britney Spears occurs in New Orleans, LA.

Sept. 28, 2011 - James Spears is made Manager of the Femme Fatale tour, earning him over $1-million via a 2% cut of Larry's 10% commission.

Dec. 27, 2013 - "Britney: Piece Of Me" launches as a residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada.

June 3, 2017 - Britney plays her first show in Tokyo, Japan as part of the "Britney: Live In Concert" tour.

July 12, 2018 - The first show of the Piece of Me: Exclusive Limited Tour occurs at an MGM Resort in Maryland.

Potential scenarios from this data:

• Tax evasion
  • Funneling money
  • Outright theft

Any more? Add your own ideas!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Potential scenarios from this data:

• Tax evasion
  • Funneling money
  • Outright theft

Any more? Add your own ideas!

For me, the biggest red flag is this date:

This occurred mere weeks after Britney filed for divorce with Kevin, and around the time that Larry Rudolph brought in interventionist Betty Wyman.

From there we have the appearance of Sam Lutfi just days (and possibly hours) before Britney was sent off to rehab.

Thanks to Susan Bassi's work, we now know that her three "in-and-out trips to rehab" (two of which occurred within 24 hours of each other thanks to an apparent emergency court hearing scheduled to strip her of custody) was then used against her to actually strip her of custody.

The six million...

That's only what "Spears Management, Inc." charged to the estate...Can you imagine how much he's made off of the other LLC's, land deals, and other transactions? Not to even mention the BJS Kids & Family Trust.

Sickening.

• Love 5