Meghan Markle reveals she was suicidal and that a member of the Royal Family had concerns over how 'dark' her child's skin would be

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Exhalers leaving racially insensitive comments will be ejected from the topic (and possibly Exhale).

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

So Britney travelling around the world promoting and she didn't expect/want fame? Your excuses are so poor. You can say Britney got a taste of fame and wanted out after 2004 - you have double standards for a white woman :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Clearly this is centred around racism, no matter how much you try to ignore that blatant fact.

I'm really disappointed in your response and other people here, so much underlying racism.

The tea is real! I don’t even entertain them after I say what I have to say it’s sad to see 

• Love 2

I’m not denying she probably had a hard time trapped in this old system  and that there was a racial component, but I just don’t feel like she is genuine. She really tried hard to drive home the story of her not ever reading or looking at what was said about her in the press and that to me seems like a flat out lie. Just admit it girl! She realized she didn’t like the game she signed up for and I’m glad they got out, but you can’t quit your job and expect to still get the benefits from it.

• Like 8

Not people here actually making this about race 🤦‍♂️

Most of the world, including myself, was entirely UNAWARE that Meghan is even mixed-race. Whats more- most of the world couldnt care less!

I literally just found out shes mixed race in this thread. And it doesnt change the fact that we are all commenting on her based on her behavior and words, not her "race".

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

@SlayerI love how people on here are quick to name call others but when they are called names they cry about it or ban people. Whatever. 

You don’t even know me or my race dear, but whatever helps you sleep at night. So your opinion of me is null and void. 

At the end of the day rich peoples problems aren’t my problems. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Yet again, another poor response to valid points me and others have made.

You continue to ignore the fact that this centres around racism, you just divert off from the actual issue.

There is a real lack of understanding and basic respect from you and others. You may not like her but oh my god, she is a woman who attempted to end her own life because of the racism she was subject to, but yet you and others have the audacity to continue to attack her and attempt to drag her (which you all fail to do btw). 

I just hope you guys are proud of bashing a pregnant woman who was brave enough to open up about her struggles. It is not easy for a POC to talk about their experiences with race.

You guys single out and attack Meghan, yet you forget SO many people did this to Britney. You want her to be free and have a voice, god forbid Meghan finally be 'free' and stop being silenced and actually tell her truth.

Also, even if you are a POC, that doesn't mean you still can't be racist about another POC.

Thank you for proving you have NOTHING of substance to add to the conversation! 

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Illegally EATEN said:

Not people here actually making this about race 🤦‍♂️

Most of the world, including myself, was entirely UNAWARE that Meghan is even mixed-race. Whats more- most of the world couldnt care less!

I literally just found out shes mixed race in this thread. And it doesnt change the fact that we are all commenting on her based on her behavior and words, not her "race".

Oh stop :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

It was made out SUCH a big deal she was a POC when it was found out Harry was seeing her, i'm sorry but a lot of what you're saying is a load of BS quite frankly.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yet again, another poor response to valid points me and others have made.

You continue to ignore the fact that this centres around racism, you just divert off from the actual issue.

There is a real lack of understanding and basic respect from you and others. You may not like her but oh my god, she is a woman who attempted to end her own life because of the racism she was subject to, but yet you and others have the audacity to continue to attack her and attempt to drag her (which you all fail to do btw). 

I just hope you guys are proud of bashing a pregnant woman who was brave enough to open up about her struggles. It is not easy for a POC to talk about their experiences with race.

You guys single out and attack Meghan, yet you forget SO many people did this to Britney. You want her to be free and have a voice, god forbid Meghan finally be 'free' and stop being silenced and actually tell her truth.

Also, even if you are a POC, that doesn't mean you still can't be racist about another POC.

Thank you for proving you have NOTHING of substance to add to the conversation! 

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

I agree 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bbbsss said:

Meghan is now airing her dirty laundry for the whole world to see, trashing a centuries old dynasty and the Queen, who has sacrificed her whole life, personal needs and wants, to serve her country and it’s people and has not complained ONCE. Meghan should’ve learned a thing or two. 

44 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

I’ve already expressed my opinion on this topic, loud and clear. If you still choose to believe Meghan’s tales, that’s totally up to you, however she’s not fooling me and I believe people see right through her and her cheap act, and that’s why she is not loved. Her race in this case has nothing to do with it, as let me tell you, most people are not even aware that she’s biracial. You can blame it on racism and bring as many points as you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that all the women before her were treated the same, if not worse. Princess Diana literally went through HELL and was hunted by the media, even though she was very white and very privileged. Kate and her family were being dragged through the mud for years, calling her “Waity Kaity”, constantly attacking her weight saying she’s anorexic, making fun of her mother’s air hostess background and therefore Kate being “too middle class” etc. The palace had to put out a statement asking media and paparazzi to stop harassing her. Again, she is white and privileged. But Kate has handled it with great dignity and class, instead of going on a national television trashing a family and an institution she has willingly married into. 

I stand by my words, Meghan is nothing but a self-entitled phony, who expected for everyone to bow down to her as soon as she married the prince. It’s good that she’s back in Hollywood now. She belongs there with the rest of the phony's, including miss Oprah. 

And you can keep your suggestions to yourself, thank you very much. 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

This OUTDATED institution you are so hell bent on defending is rooted in racism, slavery and colonialism. Even if we entertain your false claim that Meghan isn't being a victim of racism, it still proves that this dynasty is nothing but TRASH, oppressing and silencing women (very much like Britney's conservatorship). 

Also, you probably didn't even watch or read the interview since Meghan didn't speak ill of the Queen.  Just admit you had preconceived biases against Meghan coming into this thread. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Illegally EATEN said:

I wish most of the world didn't care, I wish a member of the Royal family did not raise their 'concerns' about how dark the skin tone of Meghan's child would be. I wish they did not raise their concerns MULTIPLE times and to both Meghan and Harry.

I also wish I did not have to have this conversation with you and others, 2021 and there is still underlying and/or blatant racism.

Disgusting.

You can tell yourself it isn't racism but it really is, if you were a POC or someone who was just actually aware of other people's cultures and if you actually educated yourself on what others feel, you would see it is racism.

If you are a POC you should be ashamed, I don't care if i'm a mod or not I WILL gladly call out underlying racism and people will be banned from the topic and/or be awarded WP's.

Just to make it clear you do not have to be a fan of Meghan but people need to show some basic levels of respect - which is clear some people here are completely incapable of. A woman tells you she believes she has been the target of racism - yet you completely rule it out when you're not the same colour as her or in her position? Pathetic.

She feels how she does and we should respect that and treat her with common decency.

• Like 2

I think people need to stop and think and take some time to actually understand where someone is coming from and why they feel it is racism. Educate yourselves instead of being on the attack and disregarding her feelings and tbh facts.

This thread very much sadly shows racism is alive and it is very disappointing.

• Love 1

A lot of people we might as well say goodbye today, Jordan now added any comments that are racist and racially motivated, will get you removed from this discussion and possibly Enhale, with his approval. 

You guys couldn't be nice and not comment now, could you. 

Some of you might need to join Camilla in those racially healing classes, cos your true colors shined today, and Britney herself wouldn't want you to be a fan of her music..

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, bbbsss said:

I’ve already expressed my opinion on this topic, loud and clear. If you still choose to believe Meghan’s tales, that’s totally up to you, however she’s not fooling me and I believe people see right through her and her cheap act, and that’s why she is not loved. Her race in this case has nothing to do with it, as let me tell you, most people are not even aware that she’s biracial. You can blame it on racism and bring as many points as you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that all the women before her were treated the same, if not worse. Princess Diana literally went through HELL and was hunted by the media, even though she was very white and very privileged. Kate and her family were being dragged through the mud for years, calling her “Waity Kaity”, constantly attacking her weight saying she’s anorexic, making fun of her mother’s air hostess background and therefore Kate being “too middle class” etc. The palace had to put out a statement asking media and paparazzi to stop harassing her. Again, she is white and privileged. But Kate has handled it with great dignity and class, instead of going on a national television trashing a family and an institution she has willingly married into. 

I stand by my words, Meghan is nothing but a self-entitled phony, who expected for everyone to bow down to her as soon as she married the prince. It’s good that she’s back in Hollywood now. She belongs there with the rest of the phony's, including miss Oprah. 

And you can keep your suggestions to yourself, thank you very much. 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Ok so you literally named 3 women who were harassed by the media, and your solution to that is that they have to remain silent and "classy", because according to you it is "normal" that the media want to push this famous women down, and they have to accept that :clownery_makeup_meme:. That's the problem sweetie, the fascination of the media and the people for destroying celebrities who are women, and the fact that nobody does nothing. I'm glad Kate was able to handle that, because as you said the palace had to make statement, but the question is why didn't the palace help her in the same way that it did with Kate? Why in these 2 years did they turn their backs on her and not defend her? That is why Harry and Meghan decided to withdraw and seek help elsewhere, because the Royal Family was busier trying to protect Prince Andrew with lies from his ***ual accusations, instead of helping Meghan with her mental health. 

• Love 6

Why do I always feel Meghan is not being genuine. Whenever she talks it’s always like something is a bit “off.” She just never comes across as being genuine. I’m not saying she isn’t telling the truth, but I feel that she’s always just playing a “part” - the victim. She’s not that good an actress - and it shows.

• Love 2

Just popping in to show Megan some love ❤️ ❤️

I’ve never understood the hatred towards her or the blind love some people have toward the Royals.

... I’ve always low key side eyed them since Diana amongst other things (but just my opinion)

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block