Meghan Markle reveals she was suicidal and that a member of the Royal Family had concerns over how 'dark' her child's skin would be

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Exhalers leaving racially insensitive comments will be ejected from the topic (and possibly Exhale).

On 3/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, Slayer said:

I find these sorts of comments disgusting, before meeting Prince Harry she was doing A LOT of humanitarian work and seemed sweet.

She has EVERY right to tell her truth, like Britney Meghan was silenced. We want Britney to speak, yet here you are complaining about someone else who was silenced actually speaking and telling their side of the story. 

I find it horrendous people rush at any opportunity to bash Meghan, a person of colour. The woman is talking about her mental health and how she wanted to kill herself and to insinuate she's saying that for attention is honestly disgusting. 

Everyone else was allowed to speak but Meghan and Harry and now they finally are. The amount of racism Meghan has quite obviously faced is horrible.

You talk about her being a 'snake' like you even know her, give the girl a break - jesus.

Comments like this are what cause people to have suicidal thoughts and people questioning people's mental health is what prevents people from finally opening up and talk to others. 

I don't think you or anyone else has a right to say she shouldn't have her say.

You are part of the problem if you do not see race is the big factor - I live in the UK and I can quite clearly see it.

These smear campaigns against her are embarrassing. I'd be shocked if any of you are POC and are saying this, if you are you should be ashamed.

You may not like her but see it for what it is, pure racism.

Try and tell me this is not racism and double standards.

Markle-coverage-2.jpg

14-5e1dd0d3ed737__700.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-15_at_16.57.58.width-

Meghan-Kate-Headlines-8.jpg

On 3/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, Slayer said:

I find these sorts of comments disgusting, before meeting Prince Harry she was doing A LOT of humanitarian work and seemed sweet.

She has EVERY right to tell her truth, like Britney Meghan was silenced. We want Britney to speak, yet here you are complaining about someone else who was silenced actually speaking and telling their side of the story. 

I find it horrendous people rush at any opportunity to bash Meghan, a person of colour. The woman is talking about her mental health and how she wanted to kill herself and to insinuate she's saying that for attention is honestly disgusting. 

Everyone else was allowed to speak but Meghan and Harry and now they finally are. The amount of racism Meghan has quite obviously faced is horrible.

You talk about her being a 'snake' like you even know her, give the girl a break - jesus.

Comments like this are what cause people to have suicidal thoughts and people questioning people's mental health is what prevents people from finally opening up and talk to others. 

I don't think you or anyone else has a right to say she shouldn't have her say.

You are part of the problem if you do not see race is the big factor - I live in the UK and I can quite clearly see it.

These smear campaigns against her are embarrassing. I'd be shocked if any of you are POC and are saying this, if you are you should be ashamed.

You may not like her but see it for what it is, pure racism.

Try and tell me this is not racism and double standards.

Markle-coverage-2.jpg

14-5e1dd0d3ed737__700.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-15_at_16.57.58.width-

Meghan-Kate-Headlines-8.jpg

EWWWWW at those news articles! The double standards are absolutely disgusting and astounding :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Poor Megan, she just can't seem to catch a break, and people won't leave her alone after suffering a freaking miscarriage? This is saddening to levels on how the world and media really hasn't changed post-2007ney :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Style. said:

I’m sorry for Meghan for going through this hell. I remember everyone’s reaction from my country when her wedding to Prince Harry aired to the TV. I was shook at how racist people were. I didn’t watch the interview, but I will check this out. 

Same! I remember the amount of controversy that trailed their marriage, it really something that not even words could describe...

• Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, ThisMeowBiteback said:

This!! I’m so confused, somebody said on here she had perfect hair & a 5k dress on in the interview??? Like wtf does have to with anything? That is misogynist! Something people do Britney! That blew my mind :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:  I guess because she looked beautiful she was lying :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

eXactlyyyy! The people here are hypocrites!

• Love 2

I'm feeling completely supportive towards Meghan and Harry.

I must say I don't like this thing of putting Meghan against Kate from the ones that supports Meghan. Kate Just happened to be more cut for this fake royal lifestyle, I'm sure she's passed sad moments too...

This comparison of tabloid articles has no point, why put a woman against another woman when the main concern here is totally different! Plus Meghan didn't really say anything bad about Kate, as usual TV and media make up stories out of minimal things...

• Love 1

1. Does anyone have a link where I can stream the interview?

2. Did any of this really shock anyone? The monarchy is an ancient outdated system and the Queen is an old hag... of course they’re backward thinking! They colonized african and indian countries!!!! Cmon!!! 

3. i support H&M leaving if that’s what they want to do or have to do to be safe but I just don’t like Megan. There’s a naivety there that I truly don’t understand. What did she expect? She saw what they did to Diana. She knows what they’ve done to others who chose to marry someone they weren’t permitted to. I mean, that’s not to say it’s ok or right, and it does need to reflect the times, but she’s sort of playing this role of “disruptor” or “game changer” that I don’t buy. I think she loves H, but she is fame thirsty. And as for H? What did he expect too bringing someone in from outside that world? I’m glad he stuck by her and believes her but I do wonder if he had a serious talk with her to be like “the struggle is real. This is not a joke. Do u really wanna do this?” Who knows maybe they did... maybe they thought they could withstand it and change it from within until they tried and realized it’s not simple at all. Racism alone is so deep rooted but the whole monarchy system is too. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This ****s dumb, people they clearly are very white how did ya think it was going to go over. I know people who have friends that are different races in interracial marriages but if their kid chose to date a different race or a lower class race than it would not go over well. It's kind of saying our dna is better which makes sense, idt its makes you racist. Now saying what color the baby is going to be is racist and wrong but I do understand why some people dont want interracial relationships. And so many people will fight me on it but I'd like to know what is said behind closed doors where people's true colors shine.

55 minutes ago, Bluebirdlovely said:

1. Does anyone have a link where I can stream the interview?

2. Did any of this really shock anyone? The monarchy is an ancient outdated system and the Queen is an old hag... of course they’re backward thinking! They colonized african and indian countries!!!! Cmon!!! 

3. i support H&M leaving if that’s what they want to do or have to do to be safe but I just don’t like Megan. There’s a naivety there that I truly don’t understand. What did she expect? She saw what they did to Diana. She knows what they’ve done to others who chose to marry someone they weren’t permitted to. I mean, that’s not to say it’s ok or right, and it does need to reflect the times, but she’s sort of playing this role of “disruptor” or “game changer” that I don’t buy. I think she loves H, but she is fame thirsty. And as for H? What did he expect too bringing someone in from outside that world? I’m glad he stuck by her and believes her but I do wonder if he had a serious talk with her to be like “the struggle is real. This is not a joke. Do u really wanna do this?” Who knows maybe they did... maybe they thought they could withstand it and change it from within until they tried and realized it’s not simple at all. Racism alone is so deep rooted but the whole monarchy system is too. 

She said She had no clue about the royal family, being an american mixed raced woman I'm not really surprised. She fell in love with Harry and nobody really helped her to "behave" correctly, clearly they were hoping their story wouldn't last.

Something I wanted to mention because it keeps annoying me: don’t withhold your support for people and mental health based on how much money they make, what status they have or on how privileged they are. They might have all of those things. But mental illness doesn’t care and if you think it does, you’re hypocritical as hell and clearly do not care at all about mental health. People can have everything they’ve ever wanted and still feel like dying. can this place stop being so hypocritical when it comes to literally anyone who isn’t Britney?  
how many big figures in stardom history have suffered, fallen and even died because of the shadow that success casts on them? It’s 2021 and people still think just because someone has money or status it means that person has no right to voice hurt and pain because they “have it all”. I’m tired of this narrative.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Persona said:

Something I wanted to mention because it keeps annoying me: don’t withhold your support for people and mental health based on how much money they make, what status they have or on how privileged they are. They might have all of those things. But mental illness doesn’t care and if you think it does, you’re hypocritical as hell and clearly do not care at all about mental health. People can have everything they’ve ever wanted and still feel like dying. can this place stop being so hypocritical when it comes to literally anyone who isn’t Britney?  

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:30 PM, Slayer said:

I'd like you to respond with some common decency, something you seem to lack.

Why don't you watch before you make such disgusting awful comments, the woman talked about wanting to end her own life because of the pressure, the scrutiny and the racism and here you are and others attacking her.

Also, guess what POC can be racist to other POC :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Actually, what is a joke is that you are telling @iamsmashed to reply with decency, when they said nothing indecent. What is a joke is you being full of hate, just because someone doesn't agree with you. What is a joke, is you being a "FreeBritney" activist, while you want to silence whoever doesn't "fit in with your narrative." Look at you saying "I would like you to respond with some decency..." Who the f are you to "request" anything from anyone? They didn't even attack her. He questioned if they got paid or not. If we believed everything people in authority said, we wouldn't be here fighting for Britney's freedom and trust that she "is fine." And just for the sake of conversation, I stand by Meghan's statements 97%. Pathetic empowered forum police bullies cancel culture fools. This is turning from Breatheheavy to Breathefire. Shut it down already.

I think that interview was mostly c***. Meghan was acting like the palace  prevented her from getting care for her depression.... And Harry said he just had no idea what to do to help her.

Yet Harry has talked about going to a therapist and being in therapy. So why was it impossible for Harry to call his own therapist and get her an appointment? 

And they acted like it was so cruel the palace won’t pay for their security. Why should they? They stepped down and left the nation. Meghan was a millionaire before marrying Harry and Harry inherited millions from his mom. And due to their connection to the royals, it only took them a few months to get a $140 million deal with Netflix. I just don’t see how it’s cruel to expect them to pay for their own gated community and body guards?

And they went on about being trapped and controlled and how the palace even took their passports away  .... come on. They were partying with their friend Elton John in France, Meghan went to NYC for a baby shower with her American friends, they visited Meghan’s mom in California, they spent time in Italy with Amal and George Clooney .... they acted like the palace was a cult that wouldn’t let them walk out the door. 

And everything Meghan said about how she didn’t know things about the royal family .... that is totally Harry’s fault. He should have made sure she understood what that kind of life would be like. 

All that said, I do not doubt that being in the royal family can be strange and challenging. I think they had every right to leave and start a new life. But I think they should have focused on promoting their nonprofit and the people they want to help instead of doing a tacky TV tell-all.

I lost respect for them after this. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block