Meghan Markle reveals she was suicidal and that a member of the Royal Family had concerns over how 'dark' her child's skin would be

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Exhalers leaving racially insensitive comments will be ejected from the topic (and possibly Exhale).

25 minutes ago, iamsmashed said:

I showed decency. if you READ my first post. I just didnt respond how you wanted me to. That seems to be a trend with you-  AGREE WITH SLAYER OR ELSE!  @Slayer  I didnt know Taylor Swift was a Moderator here! So so petty.

Look at how you respond to people before referring to anyone else as petty.

Im not sorry for defending someone who is being attacked for being open about their mental health struggles and I’m definitely not sorry for standing up to racism.

P.s I love Taylor so thanks for the compliment :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

So an actress can't have mental health issues?

Some people really are disgusting. I hope you aren't suffering one day with mental health and you have people doubting you and laughing at you and making mean comments to make you feel even worse.

That’s not what I posted. I made a comment sarcastically highlighting because we are on a music news based website. I also struggle with mental health.

• Like 2

I’m surprised by all the Meghan haters on here. Meghan can come across a little phony/ rehearsed (are we really supposed to believe she never googled Harry or new nothing about the royal family!?) but she may just have that type of personality and she truly seems like a good person.

Meghan probably liked the idea of marrying a royal and thought she would be comfortable with the level of fame and job that comes with it- that was one of reasons Harry married her. I don’t think she was prepared for the amount of control, lack of protection and RACISM from the press and royal family/institution. She was straight up villainized for no reason and the firm did nothing to stop it.

Everyone needs to leave Meghan tf alone- let her and Harry live their peaceful, philanthropic, fancy, California lives.

We have seen what happens to famous women when they are treated like this. Let's be on the right side of history.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, iamsmashed said:

I showed decency. if you READ my first post. I just didnt respond how you wanted me to. That seems to be a trend with you-  AGREE WITH SLAYER OR ELSE!  @Slayer  I didnt know Taylor Swift was a Moderator here! So so petty.

Sis just admit you were wrong and keep it moving :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Love 2

This why I don't mess with exhale, all the "non-mindful" people still talking mess about her even after she disclosed her mistreatment. I guess she asked for it right? Ya'll pitiful, and clearly never experienced racism....it's literally an inescapable system! It obviously has shaped half of these misguided judgemental minds on here.

• Love 5

Some of yall are sick in the head. Calling Meghan an attention seeker for talking about her suicidal ideation? Yes clearly Meghan must love admitting something so personal and hurtful like wanting to end her life just for attention, because clearly being married into a royal family wasn't giving her enough attention, right? Telling people who talk about their suicidal thoughts that they're just looking for attention is SICK. 
SICK

And suddenly wanting attention is so bad but meanwhile you're on a message board dedicated to one of the biggest global superstars the world has ever seen. It's like the irony really escapes yall.

Disgusting. Racist as **** too. I knew this thread would be filled with people trying to downplay racism. It's always the same ****. A black person speaking about their black experience and their encounters with racists and here come the white gays like "are youuu suuuure thoo?":tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Korb said:

Some of yall are sick in the head. Calling Meghan an attention seeker for talking about her suicidal ideation? Yes clearly Meghan must love admitting something so personal and hurtful like wanting to end her life just for attention, because clearly being married into a royal family wasn't giving her enough attention, right? Telling people who talk about their suicidal thoughts that they're just looking for attention is SICK. 
SICK

And suddenly wanting attention is so bad but meanwhile you're on a message board dedicated to one of the biggest global superstars the world has ever seen. It's like the irony really escapes yall.

Disgusting. Racist as **** too. I knew this thread would be filled with people trying to downplay racism. It's always the same ****. A black person speaking about their black experience and their encounters with racists and here come the white gays like "are youuu suuuure thoo?":tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Aslong as I’m here I will NOT let anyone get away with racism! I can’t believe how disappointed I was with so many people in this thread. They definitely have not experienced racism and if they have they should be deeply ashamed of themselves for inflicting hate on Meghan.

TEAM MEGHAN!

I hope she’s doing okay and that she, Harry and her children have a long happy and healthy life! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Aslong as I’m here I will NOT let anyone get away with racism! I can’t believe how disappointed I was with so many people in this thread. They definitely have not experienced racism and if they have they should be deeply ashamed of themselves for inflicting hate on Meghan.

TEAM MEGHAN!

I hope she’s doing okay and that she, Harry and her children have a long happy and healthy life! 

Trust me it's the ones who have literally never experienced racism that are gaslighting Meghan and making her out to be this crazy attention seeker. People who can relate sympathize with other people. The problem is when you wait until you can actually relate to begin sympathizing. I'm not black, for example, so I don't know what it's like to be discriminated against for being black BUT I still believe poc/mixed people when they talk about their struggles because I know racism is real and I know it affects people.

I appreciate your understanding and your push back on the ignorance in this thread. I see you:riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I'm appalled by the negativity in the comments

Of course this is about race and of course the royal family is racist. They built their whole monarchy on racism and slavery.

As an Indian i can give you thousands examples about how badly British empire treated Indians during the "British Raj"

The ray of hope came from Diana. She gave her genetics to Harry. Harry already was fed up with her mom dying at young age so why wouldn't he get rid of the empire for the sake of his children and it's a good thing he exposed this fakery.

it's also interesting that Harry and Meghan Markle both are sitting for the interview but of course every one is pointing fingers at Meghan.:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Spoiler

Don't you dare say that it's because only the Meghan clip was put up. Since this only means you're having a judgement from half *** knowledge :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Love 4

I’m not sure if I’ll have the time to watch the full interview but I really do feel for her. She has gotten too much hate. Whether it’s to do with her race or the fact she’s not British, it’s just completely out of line. The royal family clearly are racist if they were worried about Archie’s skin colour.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Korb said:

SICK

I don’t understand. So much for ‘be kind’. It’s only ‘be kind’ when someone dies (e.g. Caroline Flack).

• Love 2

The bullet points:

• When Meghan spent time with the Queen, she felt welcomed. She told a nice anecdote about the Queen sharing the blanket on her lap during a chilly car ride.

• Meghan never made Kate cry about a disagreement over flower girl dresses for the wedding. Kate made Meghan cry, but it was a stressful time, Kate apologized, and it was a non-issue. Yet 7 months later, the story was leaked with Meghan as the villain.

• The press played up a rivalry between Meghan and Kate. When Kate ate avocados, she got positive articles written about her and her food choices. When Meghan ate avocados, she was contributing to the death of the planet. When Kate touched her pregnant belly, it was sweet. When Meghan touched her pregnant belly, it was attention-seeking, vile behavior. That's two examples of many.

• On several occasions, a member or more than one member of the royal family made comments about the skin tone of the children Harry would have with Meghan. Harry wouldn't say more, but it clearly hurt him and created a rift.

• Though Meghan was prepared to work for the royal family in the same capacity that other family members do, she was given no training for the role. She did her own research to the best of her ability with no guidance besides Harry's advice.

• The family / the firm told her she would be protected from the press to the extent they could manage, but that was a lie from the start. She was savaged in the press and it often took a racist bent. The family never stood up for her in the press or corrected lies.

• There is a symbiotic relationship between the royal family and the tabloids. A holiday party is hosted annually by the palace for the tabloids. There is an expectation to wine and dine tabloid staff and give full access in exchange for sympathetic treatment in the news stories.

• The family / the firm wasn't crazy about how well Meghan did on the Australia tour, which echoes memories of Diana doing surprisingly well on her first Australia tour and winning over the public. I'm not clear on how this manifested itself. Meghan said she thought the family would embrace her as an asset because she provided representation for many of the people of color who live in commonwealths, but this wasn't the case.

• Meghan's friends and family would tell her what the tabloids were saying about her and it became very stressful to deal with. She realized the firm wasn't protecting her at all. She says her only regret is believing they would provide the protection they promised.

• Archie was not given a title and without the title, was not entitled to security. Meghan said a policy changed while she was pregnant with Archie that took this protection away from him, but the details of this are unclear to me. Other comments I've read make this muddy.

• Harry and Meghan didn't choose to not give Archie a title, but the family had it reported in the press that it was their choice.

• When Meghan was feeling the most isolated and abandoned, she started having suicidal thoughts which really scared her because she had never felt that way before. She asked for help in the appropriate places and received none. Harry asked for help too and got nothing. She wanted to check herself into a facility to recover, but that was not an option without the palace arranging it, which they refused to do.

• Once Meghan married into the family, she did not have her passport or ID or car keys anymore. This doesn't mean she couldn't have them if she needed them, but it seems like she would have needed a good, pre-approved reason to have them.

• Even when she wasn't leaving the house, the press was reporting on her as if she was an attention ***** galavanting around town and starting problems.

• Finally Harry made the decision to take a step back. He wanted to become a part-time level working family member. They wanted to move to a commonwealth -- New Zealand, South Africa, Canada -- and settled on Canada. They expected to keep working for the family on a part time basis.

• Stories were published misrepresenting their departure. The Queen was not blindsided; she was notified in writing ahead of time of their plan. The idea of working part time was taken off the table. Their security was removed entirely.

• Scared of being unprotected amid numerous death threats (fueled immensely by the racist press), they moved to one of Tyler Perry's houses and he gave them security. Later they moved to their own home and presumably fund their own security now.

• Harry felt trapped in the life he was born into. He feels compassion for his brother and father who are still "trapped" in the system.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, CindytheTV_isLeaking said:

No doubt, the Royal family and the MI6 were behind Princess Diana's assassination back in 1997

These people are dangerous and I admire both Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for their courage to stand up for themselves

Racism and social injustice are like eternal diseases which, I am afraid, will never go away

No sis, it WILL go away, never lose hope that one day, we will embrace each other no regards on race or ***ual orientation

• Love 1

Everybody also calling her a career as an actress a failure. 

That's a lie. 

7 seasons on a hot show called Suits, she was supposed to be temporarily character,  but her popularity made her main cast. 

Plus I think she also starred in a dozen hallmark movies (a few Christmas ones as well) far from being a failure. 

Especially considering once you in one hallmark movie, you bet you'll job is secured. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Illegally EATEN said:

She seems super super fake.

Literally married into the royal family for attention and then subsequently complains to the media about how "hard" it is being a royal.

Give us a break.

You made a huge scene about wanting to be out of the public eye? Go! Put your money where your mouth is!

Could we make a parallel comparison here? Britney pursued music for the fame and the fortune, and then subsequently complained to the media how hard it was being a pop star.

Look, as a Yank  don’t know much about the royal family and I’m not going to pretend I do, but Meghan is a human and she has every right to make life decisions that she thinks is best for her.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block