Meghan Markle reveals she was suicidal and that a member of the Royal Family had concerns over how 'dark' her child's skin would be

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Exhalers leaving racially insensitive comments will be ejected from the topic (and possibly Exhale).

4 hours ago, MX3 said:

I’m a bit confused why they’d move to the tabloid capitol of the world when they claim they want privacy and serenity etc. They could go anywhere, like Switzerland or something. But oh well. 

I believe all the things she said though. It was not surprising in the least. I think it was probably Phillip who made the comment. He’s like, 100 years old and I could see them not wanting to name him when he’s sick as well. 

Yknow me and my mom actually had a disagreement back when they first were together. I said I was surprised the royal family allowed Harry to date someone of mixed race and my mom was appalled I’d insinuate the royal family was racist and would stop beloved Harry from loving who he wants LOL...I’m tempted to say I told you so 

They initially moved to Canada, which being a commonwealth country would make sense, but I think she wanted to be closer to her family

• Love 1
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, bbbsss said:

I thought she wanted more privacy? is that why she’s now airing her dirty laundry for the whole world to see?

:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Well, for years people had a wrong opinion of Britney until we had all the truth of what happened behind the stage. Is fair she can have a chance to speak her truth after all the things said about them. Now everything has more sense, she was unhappy and uncomfortable. 

• Love 8
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, MX3 said:

I’m a bit confused why they’d move to the tabloid capitol of the world when they claim they want privacy and serenity etc. They could go anywhere, like Switzerland or something. But oh well. 

I believe all the things she said though. It was not surprising in the least. I think it was probably Phillip who made the comment. He’s like, 100 years old and I could see them not wanting to name him when he’s sick as well. 

Yknow me and my mom actually had a disagreement back when they first were together. I said I was surprised the royal family allowed Harry to date someone of mixed race and my mom was appalled I’d insinuate the royal family was racist and would stop beloved Harry from loving who he wants LOL...I’m tempted to say I told you so 

The Royal Family of the UK has influence in LITERALLY ALL the European countries, EVEN RUSSIA. And barely anybody from Europe has influence there, but they do. The USA, however, made sure that the Royal Family has absolutely 0 influence on their territory - with all the independence as a colony and all. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, December02 said:

They initially moved to Canada, which being a commonwealth country would make sense, but I think she wanted to be closer to her family

thank you - I did not know she was born and raised in that area. 

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

I find these sorts of comments disgusting, before meeting Prince Harry she was doing A LOT of humanitarian work and seemed sweet.

She has EVERY right to tell her truth, like Britney Meghan was silenced. We want Britney to speak, yet here you are complaining about someone else who was silenced actually speaking and telling their side of the story. 

I find it horrendous people rush at any opportunity to bash Meghan, a person of colour. The woman is talking about her mental health and how she wanted to kill herself and to insinuate she's saying that for attention is honestly disgusting. 

Everyone else was allowed to speak but Meghan and Harry and now they finally are. The amount of racism Meghan has quite obviously faced is horrible.

You talk about her being a 'snake' like you even know her, give the girl a break - jesus.

Comments like this are what cause people to have suicidal thoughts and people questioning people's mental health is what prevents people from finally opening up and talk to others. 

I don't think you or anyone else has a right to say she shouldn't have her say.

You are part of the problem if you do not see race is the big factor - I live in the UK and I can quite clearly see it.

These smear campaigns against her are embarrassing. I'd be shocked if any of you are POC and are saying this, if you are you should be ashamed.

You may not like her but see it for what it is, pure racism.

Try and tell me this is not racism and double standards.

Markle-coverage-2.jpg

14-5e1dd0d3ed737__700.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-15_at_16.57.58.width-

Meghan-Kate-Headlines-8.jpg

100% this.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Slayer said:

That's all you can say? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Proves you've literally got nothing substantial to respond to the many points made.

I hope you're proud of yourself attacking a pregnant woman and a woman that has bravely spoken up about wanting to end her life. Comments like yours affect people.

I suggest you educate yourself, if you can't see this is about race - YOU are part of the problem.

I’ve already expressed my opinion on this topic, loud and clear. If you still choose to believe Meghan’s tales, that’s totally up to you, however she’s not fooling me and I believe people see right through her and her cheap act, and that’s why she is not loved. Her race in this case has nothing to do with it, as let me tell you, most people are not even aware that she’s biracial. You can blame it on racism and bring as many points as you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that all the women before her were treated the same, if not worse. Princess Diana literally went through HELL and was hunted by the media, even though she was very white and very privileged. Kate and her family were being dragged through the mud for years, calling her “Waity Kaity”, constantly attacking her weight saying she’s anorexic, making fun of her mother’s air hostess background and therefore Kate being “too middle class” etc. The palace had to put out a statement asking media and paparazzi to stop harassing her. Again, she is white and privileged. But Kate has handled it with great dignity and class, instead of going on a national television trashing a family and an institution she has willingly married into. 

I stand by my words, Meghan is nothing but a self-entitled phony, who expected for everyone to bow down to her as soon as she married the prince. It’s good that she’s back in Hollywood now. She belongs there with the rest of the phony's, including miss Oprah. 

And you can keep your suggestions to yourself, thank you very much. 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Love 1
  • Like 7

I understand peoples cynicism when people of money + privilege complain about being in the spotlight and then seemingly invite it in. It's a natural reaction to have.

but I also think we need to be understanding to a degree as well - if you're in the spotlight and have all these fake stories, you're going to be tempted to speak your truth. 

Britney has been torn down by the tabloids but I still think she would/could either do a tell-all interview or book when she's out of the conservatorship - to at least be part of the conversation since it's ABOUT HER so she can be an authority on it. So I absolutely respect that from Meghan and this interview. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MX3 said:

I understand peoples cynicism when people of money + privilege complain about being in the spotlight and then seemingly invite it in. It's a natural reaction to have.

but I also think we need to be understanding to a degree as well - if you're in the spotlight and have all these fake stories, you're going to be tempted to speak your truth. 

Britney has been torn down by the tabloids but I still think she would/could either do a tell-all interview or book when she's out of the conservatorship - to at least be part of the conversation since it's ABOUT HER so she can be an authority on it. So I absolutely respect that from Meghan and this interview. 

It’s kind of an illogical reaction to have. In that same sense none of us can complain about any part of our lives because some child in africa has it much worse.

9 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

The Royal Family of the UK has influence in LITERALLY ALL the European countries, EVEN RUSSIA. And barely anybody from Europe has influence there, but they do. The USA, however, made sure that the Royal Family has absolutely 0 influence on their territory - with all the independence as a colony and all. 

I def agree with the usa. My issue was just kind of like, why Santa Barbara? why Los Angeles? 

I didn't know Meghan was raised there so that part makes sense, and I suppose if they're going to have a media based company, California is where it's at. 

8 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

I’ve already expressed my opinion on this topic, loud and clear. If you still choose to believe Meghan’s tales, that’s totally up to you, however she’s not fooling me and I believe people see right through her and her cheap act, and that’s why she is not loved. Her race in this case has nothing to do with it, as let me tell you, most people are not even aware that she’s biracial. You can blame it on racism and bring as many points as you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that all the women before her were treated the same, if not worse. Princess Diana literally went through HELL and was hunted by the media, even though she was very white and very privileged. Kate and her family were being dragged through the mud for years, calling her “Waity Kaity”, constantly attacking her weight saying she’s anorexic, making fun of her mother’s air hostess background and therefore Kate being “too middle class” etc. The palace had to put out a statement asking media and paparazzi to stop harassing her. Again, she is white and privileged. But Kate has handled it with great dignity and class, instead of going on a national television trashing a family and an institution she has willingly married into. 

I stand by my words, Meghan is nothing but a self-entitled phony, who expected for everyone to bow down to her as soon as she married the prince. It’s good that she’s back in Hollywood now. She belongs there with the rest of the phony's, including miss Oprah. 

Yes you're right, you've expressed your RACIST opinion very clear.

If you cannot see this is all routed around racism, you definitely need to look at yourself.

I'll say whatever I like, especially when it comes to racism and people being attacked for being brave and talking about mental health.

• Love 6
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

Also Kate had NOTHING compared to Meghan, so don't even go there.

So much underlying racism in this thread, not a surprise the troll @OnlyBeyonce is liking the negative comments - continuing to show why they have no place on this forum, transphobic, rude, racist and the list goes on.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Goten21 said:

It’s kind of an illogical reaction to have. In that same sense none of us can complain about any part of our lives because some child in africa has it much worse.

I think the example that matches actually is the child in Africa rolling their eyes if they heard us complain. 

I think people find it hard to find sympathy for the wealthy and privileged because they have so much that we do not have. I'm not saying its right or that rich people can't struggle, I'm just saying I understand those "illogical" feelings of frustration, envy, and wanting to point out any hypocrisy. 

2 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

Once an actress always an actress. Sorry but I don't buy her tales.

So the prince would just let her lie on his family :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: y’all really just say anything without realizing how you sound. 

You should be ashamed of yourself & I can’t see how you a fan of Britney when you see first hand how so many people think all the the things they think of Britney 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

So you don’t sympathize with her but you sympathize with Britney :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what::ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

The only difference I see is one is white & the other is black. 

Britney wanted privacy too, and she went to more than one journalist to get it out there. 

I don’t see this being attention seeking I see it as finally being able to tell her truth because she couldn’t in the palace. 

It’s really a bunch of hypocrites on here & I don’t like that 

We all have our opinions and I respect yours. So...

angry i said GIF by Fluffy Friends

And we’ll leave it at that :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

And for the record Britney did not ask for her level of fame. Megan sought out her fame and Royalty. Once she got a taste of it she wanted out. Britney just wanted to do music and thought she’d be a Sheryl Crow not a pop icon :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

We all have our opinions and I respect yours. So...

angry i said GIF by Fluffy Friends

And we’ll leave it at that :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

And for the record Britney did not ask for her level of fame. Megan sought out her fame and Royalty. Once she got a taste of it she wanted out. Britney just wanted to do music and thought she’d be a Sheryl Crow not a pop icon :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

So Britney travelling around the world promoting and she didn't expect/want fame? Your excuses are so poor. You can say Britney got a taste of fame and wanted out after 2004 - you have double standards for a white woman :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Clearly this is centred around racism, no matter how much you try to ignore that blatant fact.

I'm really disappointed in your response and other people here, so much underlying racism.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block