Meghan Markle reveals she was suicidal and that a member of the Royal Family had concerns over how 'dark' her child's skin would be

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Exhalers leaving racially insensitive comments will be ejected from the topic (and possibly Exhale).

51 minutes ago, Oxic said:

Ok so you literally named 3 women who were harassed by the media, and your solution to that is that they have to remain silent and "classy", because according to you it is "normal" that the media want to push this famous women down, and they have to accept that :clownery_makeup_meme:. That's the problem sweetie, the fascination of the media and the people for destroying celebrities who are women, and the fact that nobody does nothing. I'm glad Kate was able to handle that, because as you said the palace had to make statement, but the question is why didn't the palace help her in the same way that it did with Kate? Why in these 2 years did they turn their backs on her and not defend her? That is why Harry and Meghan decided to withdraw and seek help elsewhere, because the Royal Family was busier trying to protect Prince Andrew with lies from his ***ual accusations, instead of helping Meghan with her mental health. 

Or why all of sudden won't their child have a titled or be protected?... This kinda does scream race. It's sooo shady.

• Love 2

There are far too many LOONS about who think that they are actually a member of the Royal family themselves and know the ins and outs of their lives.

Like with most things you can only take things at face value and from what I have seen from Meghan, she is a very well spoken, kind woman who has done alot of work for charity and womens rights, and yet she gets worse press than a paedophile or murderer - there is something really wrong about the medias behaviour, and in turn the majority of general publics behaviour too.

In the UK we had a famous celebrity Caroline Flack who hanged herself only a year ago after a media backlash, and people were saying #bekind afterwards, and yet before her death everyone was gunning for her. What people are doing now is exactly the same and quite frankly it makes me embarrassed to even be a part of a world where this sort of behaviour is deemed acceptable.

It can be quite depressing to read all the negativity so I just wanted to say it's really refreshing to come onto this page and have people who actually speak some sense, so thank you.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, iamsmashed said:

Not denying the racism from the royal family they are crap. But going on Oprah is a joke. If you really wanna go speak the truth get on your phone and speak it without profit. That's all.

You clearly didn't watch the interview as within the first 5 minutes it was confirmed by all involved they were not paid at all.

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

I don't believe half the things that Mrs. Markle is saying, sorry. I especially don't buy the narrative that she and Harry left the UK for the sake of privacy when they're giving an interview with Oprah and stirring the pot. The fact that they even went to Oprah of all people pisses me off since she's one of the most two-faced celebrities in the world.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, iamsmashed said:

hahaha like that means anything its Hollywood.

This is your response? Pathetic :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Imagine being a Britney fan and hating on Meghan, considering how much insane hurtful media coverage she has been getting.

It's scary how many sad people there are on here that get kicks out of attempting to belittle a pregnant woman of colour. It's not a good look at all :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I don't believe half the things that Mrs. Markle is saying, sorry. I especially don't buy the narrative that she and Harry left the UK for the sake of privacy when they're giving an interview with Oprah and stirring the pot. The fact that they even went to Oprah of all people pisses me off since she's one of the most two-faced celebrities in the world.

Have you watched the interview? Just curious, if not definitely watch as I think you'd hopefully see.

I'm from the UK and honestly they seem to be getting a lot more privacy in the US than they did here.

I personally believe they have EVERY right to have their say, the Royal Family or 'institution' as they call it have been trying to paint a certain picture of them.

We want Britney to speak as she's been silenced but people are bashing Meghan for speaking after she's been silenced? In my eyes that's completely laughable and hypocritical (not directing this at you in particular).

• Love 6
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Wasn’t Meghan an actress?

So an actress can't have mental health issues?

Some people really are disgusting. I hope you aren't suffering one day with mental health and you have people doubting you and laughing at you and making mean comments to make you feel even worse.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This is your response? Pathetic :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Imagine being a Britney fan and hating on Meghan, considering how much insane hurtful media coverage she has been getting.

It's scary how many sad people there are on here that kicks out of attempting to belittle a pregnant woman of colour. It's not a good look at all :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

How would you like me to respond?  Oprah is phony and it wasn't a good take. That's all.  I am biracial before you start labeling me based on my opinion.

• Like 2
Just now, iamsmashed said:

How would you like me to respond?  Oprah is phony and it wasn't a good take. That's all.  I am biracial before you start labeling me based on my opinion.

I'd like you to respond with some common decency, something you seem to lack.

Why don't you watch before you make such disgusting awful comments, the woman talked about wanting to end her own life because of the pressure, the scrutiny and the racism and here you are and others attacking her.

Also, guess what POC can be racist to other POC :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bbbsss said:

Their cases are completely different. 
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe at certain point Britney was the most talked about and most photographed woman in the world. The tabloids have said way worse things about Britney and the world was watching her every move. She was under immense pressure. Let’s also not forget the fact that at the time Britney was just a young girl, with not a lot of wisdom and no one to protect her from it. And when  Britney went on air to talk about it, she was real and honest and coming from a place of desperation. She wasn’t sitting there in a perfectly staged setting in a 5K dress, with perfect hair and make up faking tears and complaining about how difficult her life is. 

Meghan is a grown woman, who knew very well what she was getting herself into. But she is not on that level of fame and will never be, even though that’s what she’s obviously craving for. Britney’s level of fame and public interest can be perhaps only compared to Princess Diana. 

Meghan is just a manipulative phony, who thought she will be automatically adored by the whole nation just by marrying the prince. And when that didn’t happen, she got very disappointed and upset. Let’s not forget that Kate was also dragged through the mud by the press, however she handled it with grace and dignity, as any royal should. Meghan is now airing her dirty laundry for the whole world to see, trashing a centuries old dynasty and the Queen, who has sacrificed her whole life, personal needs and wants, to serve her country and it’s people and has not complained ONCE. Meghan should’ve learned a thing or two. 

But she doesn’t once “trash” the Queen herself? In fact, she goes out of way to praise her. 

Learn a thing or two from supporting Britney and don’t believe everything you read. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Really sad to hear that she was experiencing suicidal thoughts, and glad that she has made changes in her life in response to those thoughts.

I do think that racism had a part to play here, but even if Meghan was white it would still have been a bumpy ride. We know that the royal family conduct themselves very differently from standard celebrities, expressing too much of an opinion can land them in hot water (we’ve all seen The Crown), and as they are funded by the taxpayer they need to appear to remain somewhat neutral. Being an autonomous and independent celebrity, who likes to express their opinions, would be a difficult transition to make, and perhaps those difficulties lent themselves into the difficult behaviour that has been reported. I find it difficult to believe that she was not appropriately warned about this beforehand and that she felt silenced.

It must have been difficult for Meghan when Her family aired their dirty laundry in public, and not being able to defend herself. Considering that this has been so hard on her, it is quite shocking that Meghan has thrown Kate under the bus knowing that she remains in a position where she cannot defend herself.

I hope that Meghan and Harry find happiness in their new life and look forward not back.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, iamsmashed said:

Not denying the racism from the royal family they are crap. But going on Oprah is a joke. If you really wanna go speak the truth get on your phone and speak it without profit. That's all.

But they didn’t get paid for the interview ? Educate before comment please.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DownAndUp said:

But they didn’t get paid for the interview ? Educate before comment please.

It's so obvious the people with the hateful comments are too lazy or stuck in their racist ways to actually be mature enough to listen to the other side and actually watch the interview.

They are scared of having their mind changed and realising they were wrong and made unnecessary hurtful comments about a pregnant woman.

If i'm honest it just makes me feel sorry for them, how sad must your life be to question and attack someone so brave to discuss their mental health and talk about racism.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Slayer said:

You clearly didn't watch the interview as within the first 5 minutes it was confirmed by all involved they were not paid at all.

People read one headline that has been twisted and manipulated to every inch of it's life and think they know it all.

This is why I don't read into media outlets, and why i'm glad they did the interview - it gives people the opportunity to hear their truth in their own words.

So many people commenting on it and yet haven't watched it, and probably have not even heard her speak at all.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, tumblinmoneys said:

Really sad to hear that she was experiencing suicidal thoughts, and glad that she has made changes in her life in response to those thoughts.

I do think that racism had a part to play here, but even if Meghan was white it would still have been a bumpy ride. We know that the royal family conduct themselves very differently from standard celebrities, expressing too much of an opinion can land them in hot water (we’ve all seen The Crown), and as they are funded by the taxpayer they need to appear to remain somewhat neutral. Being an autonomous and independent celebrity, who likes to express their opinions, would be a difficult transition to make, and perhaps those difficulties lent themselves into the difficult behaviour that has been reported. I find it difficult to believe that she was not appropriately warned about this beforehand and that she felt silenced.

It must have been difficult for Meghan when Her family aired their dirty laundry in public, and not being able to defend herself. Considering that this has been so hard on her, it is quite shocking that Meghan has thrown Kate under the bus knowing that she remains in a position where she cannot defend herself.

I hope that Meghan and Harry find happiness in their new life and look forward not back.

Good points, although I would hardly say she threw Kate under the bus, the media threw Meghan under the bus and no one spoke up and told the truth.

She has a right to have her say.

34 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'd like you to respond with some common decency, something you seem to lack.

Why don't you watch before you make such disgusting awful comments, the woman talked about wanting to end her own life because of the pressure, the scrutiny and the racism and here you are and others attacking her.

Also, guess what POC can be racist to other POC :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I showed decency. if you READ my first post. I just didnt respond how you wanted me to. That seems to be a trend with you-  AGREE WITH SLAYER OR ELSE!  @Slayer  I didnt know Taylor Swift was a Moderator here! So so petty.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block