Selena Gomez reveals the tracklist for REVELACIÓN

I think she's doing a great job, always giving it the Selena twist to it.

Also, I don't think we should be expecting a "true Spanish" album from her when not even Latin America is clear on its own sounds right now. We've been living in an alien reggaeton/trap world for years now.

3 hours ago, Silhouette said:

I agree! I mean, I have no problem with reggateon even though it's not my favourite genre, but it seems like everyone resorts to that same urban sound when they try to sound "latin" and it's starting to get too stereotypical and even ignorant when there are so many other influences that they could incorporate in their music. I mean, wouldn't it be cool if we started to hear salsa, bachata, mambo, bolero or tango mixed with pop? Artists like Nathy Peluso and Mon Laferte have done it and it seriously sounds amazing, it would be a breath of fresh air tbh.

I miss old latin pop so much, come back, Rebelde, come back :shaktongue_shakira_red:

8 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don’t what happened but I can’t get Baila Comigo out of my head. I have no idea what it means.. but I find myself going..... BAI La BA La BA LA Coomigoo. 

5 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Same. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

It means Dance With Me. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Love you’re both digging Latina Puta music. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Silhouette said:

I agree! I mean, I have no problem with reggateon even though it's not my favourite genre, but it seems like everyone resorts to that same urban sound when they try to sound "latin" and it's starting to get too stereotypical and even ignorant when there are so many other influences that they could incorporate in their music. I mean, wouldn't it be cool if we started to hear salsa, bachata, mambo, bolero or tango mixed with pop? Artists like Nathy Peluso and Mon Laferte have done it and it seriously sounds amazing, it would be a breath of fresh air tbh.

definitely :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

and yeah, it's getting too stereotypical, but I also kind of understand their perspective, but yeah, they should take a deep dive in all the different kinds of music and artists and producers we have in Latin America, from rock to pop, to EDM, not everything has to be salsa or reggaeton, or as you say, they can be remixed into something more pop, have better and more original melodies, better lyrical content, etc. 

4 hours ago, descg said:

Christina its working with no-reggeaton people: Pablo Lopez, Beatriz Luengo, Kat Dahlia, Kany García, etc...

Also De una vez of Selena its pop.

I didn't know who Christina is working with, I'm glad to hear that.

About De Una Vez, that's not exactly what I would call pop, it still has that "urban" beat and overall vibe to it, even if it's not plain reggaeton, but I guess it's closer than other stuff out there

7 hours ago, Mmdellavecchia said:

So much for a Spanish ep,lol. Only seven songs and she needs to include an English named one? Also, where are Maluma and/or Bad Bunny?

I mean most EPs are seven songs or less, if it was any longer it would be an album. 

1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

It's not bad. I wish she went the JLo route and released a On The Floor but we have more tracks so who knows but I'm essessted :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

I gues the closest we’ll ever get is Taki Taki or Me & My Girls (no jodas, nosotras).  :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

But may Godlena hear you. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Mmdellavecchia said:

I know that. My point is that "she" made so much buzz about releasing an Spanish EP but decides to include one song with an English title?

Well as I said previously in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 'bonus track' especially as it's a collaborative effort. Or the song might still have Spanish lyrics in it, we'll have to wait and see.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block