Grammys: no audience and most performances / presenters will be pre-recorded

It has come out, that the recording industry doesn't really have actual people that understand the genre of rap music. 

It leaked out it was mostly white nen. So they would go two ways,  party music or political Music,  but nothing that touched the pleasures of the human body. 

As for the album if the year. It's no secret anything marked Explicit,  you're nominated but you will never win, cos of the offensive content deemed you only worth of a nomination. 

Think about it. Hip hop only one the big award twice and both weren't really offensive or overly explicit. 

The two hip hop albums to win the album of the year was Lauryn Hill for the Miseducation of Lauryn hill and Outkast for the double album Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. 

Amy Winehouse actually was in the eyes to actually sweep the grammys, but she lost album of the year due to the sticker. 

You have to be PG-13 anything over R is denied the award. 

But can Folklore become the first album since 2004 to win album of the year as an Explicit album. 

Critics say she actually deserves it as she topped several best of year ends usually with Evermore as #1 as well due to it being like chapters of the albums 

4 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

You know. This got me thinking. It’s really a shame Britney is not performing right now (I totally understand) But she could have been huge in this new era of pre-recorded performances. I feel like she would be comfortable doing performances like these.

This so much , she literally could perform from her living room ... it would be like the “can’t help falling in love ... “ she would also be much more comfortable doing virtual interviews

• Love 1
17 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it's the beginning of the end :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: not just the Grammy's but in general.

It made more sense in the past when the only way to consume music was radio or tv, and people were like, aware of everything that was out, because everyone were watching and listening to the same stuff. But in this era, recognizing who's the "best" even who's the most streamed or has the biggest sales, is completely irrelevant to everyone but the artists themselves, because now everyone can consume only the music they like and want, and completely ignore everything else, even if it's the artist that everyone listens to the most. 

So William Eyelash or Beyoncé can win 50 Grammy's, and the people that only listen to k pop or some indie artist or Katy Perry or whatever, remain unbothered. What I'm trying to say is, all of us have our own faves and what we listen to, why would we care what others or what the majority or what a panel of biased people think is best, from a bunch of nominees which we most likely don't even listen to in the first place? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Yeah, there might be some music experts or music aficionados that will still check for them, but I think the trend is that interest will be lower each year, until it turns out to be too expensive to produce any of these shows. Maybe in the future they'll just send the awards and the artists will record some thank you speech. 

And this has nothing to do with the pandemic though, it's something that has been noticed since years ago. 

This. But what about a platform for live performances? Award shows are particularly good for that. I don't really care about the awards themselves as much as about who's performing and how they're going to do. Still, I agree that things need to be remodelled as they're on the path of becoming outdated and irrelevant in today's demographic and digital age. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

This. But what about a platform for live performances? Award shows are particularly good for that. I don't really care about the awards themselves as much as about who's performing and how they're going to do. Still, I agree that things need to be remodelled as they're on the path of becoming outdated and irrelevant in today's demographic and digital age. 

well, I don't really know how much new generations care about live performances, or how different would that be from a livestream concert that each artist could do on their own :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

43 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, I don't really know how much new generations care about live performances, or how different would that be from a livestream concert that each artist could do on their own :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Fair point but don't award shows have this innate competitive nature about them (who's going to do better, who's going to make an impact through an iconic performance, etc.)? It'd be interesting to know where the public sits in this debate. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I respect all of your opinions, I do feel that award shows are still relevant at some point. Just not the Grammys, their winner choices are so inaccurate most of the time.

I truly love VMA’s though, these are the ones that define pop culture, Madonna, Britney, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Gaga, etc. And many other artists are still struggling to have their moment there. And many people can agree.:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

In reply to a desperate fan who asked Azealia Banks to perform live through social Media she said something that won't get out of my mind , she Said : "this is not what life is about" . & she is right , all this virtual performances feel so sad and lame , I know in the future everything is gonna be virtual and we could travel back in time and all that **** , that is cool but until then if they don't have the proper technology and can make everyone feel like they're really there I really don't see the point, it looks pathetic , they can cancel the whole thing in my opinion..... real housewives nene GIF

• Haha 2
On 2/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, Intheblue said:

This so much , she literally could perform from her living room ... it would be like the “can’t help falling in love ... “ she would also be much more comfortable doing virtual interviews

I don’t think so. We’ve all seen how she acts on video/IG these days. She’s still nervous as hell to even speak in her normal voice let alone put on a performance 🤷🏽‍♂️

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block