Grammys: no audience and most performances / presenters will be pre-recorded

• Leader

The Grammys, which take place March 14, will remain largely a virtual event. 

According to a new report from Variety, the ceremony will be held outside without an audience. Most performances and presenters will be pre-recorded.

"A number of live performances are planned, but many are likely to be pre-recorded"

I feel like a lot of award shows are just doing them out of tradition, but the times have seriously changed. Award shows are basically irrelevant if you ask me.

I'm scared for their ratings :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: Also, justice for The Weeknd.

Thoughts, Exaholics? 

Related:

grammys-2.jpg.606496040e106e2415004e9eb46f5dda.jpg

• Love 1

I still love award shows. for the performances and the acknowledging of all the popular music released in the last year. i feel like they're not as good as they used to be? but I still watch them just for something fun and some live tv. I don't watch sports soo.......:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I think their credibility has gone down FOR SURE but I feel like they were always semi rigged. I don't really care. I still get out a bowl of popcorn and yell at the tv. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I think it's the beginning of the end :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: not just the Grammy's but in general.

It made more sense in the past when the only way to consume music was radio or tv, and people were like, aware of everything that was out, because everyone were watching and listening to the same stuff. But in this era, recognizing who's the "best" even who's the most streamed or has the biggest sales, is completely irrelevant to everyone but the artists themselves, because now everyone can consume only the music they like and want, and completely ignore everything else, even if it's the artist that everyone listens to the most. 

So William Eyelash or Beyoncé can win 50 Grammy's, and the people that only listen to k pop or some indie artist or Katy Perry or whatever, remain unbothered. What I'm trying to say is, all of us have our own faves and what we listen to, why would we care what others or what the majority or what a panel of biased people think is best, from a bunch of nominees which we most likely don't even listen to in the first place? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Yeah, there might be some music experts or music aficionados that will still check for them, but I think the trend is that interest will be lower each year, until it turns out to be too expensive to produce any of these shows. Maybe in the future they'll just send the awards and the artists will record some thank you speech. 

And this has nothing to do with the pandemic though, it's something that has been noticed since years ago. 

• Love 3
  • Like 6

Award shows are definitely boring nowadays I feel like artist don’t get as much money to promote their music and their projects or their performances so the performances end up being basic! For the most part usually there’s more talking with an award-show rather than giving awards and performances! 

I used to watch almost all the award shows but throughout the years they’ve become boring and the winners most the time aren’t deserving! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

The Grammys, which take place March 14, will remain largely a virtual event. 

According to a new report from Variety, the ceremony will be held outside without an audience. Most performances and presenters will be pre-recorded.

"A number of live performances are planned, but many are likely to be pre-recorded"

I feel like a lot of award shows are just doing them out of tradition, but the times have seriously changed. Award shows are basically irrelevant if you ask me.

I'm scared for their ratings :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: Also, justice for The Weeknd.

Thoughts, Exaholics? 

Related:

grammys-2.jpg.606496040e106e2415004e9eb46f5dda.jpg

And they can’t buy the awards with cash, just credit card or bizum.

8 hours ago, MX3 said:

I still love award shows. for the performances and the acknowledging of all the popular music released in the last year. i feel like they're not as good as they used to be? but I still watch them just for something fun and some live tv. I don't watch sports soo.......:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I think their credibility has gone down FOR SURE but I feel like they were always semi rigged. I don't really care. I still get out a bowl of popcorn and yell at the tv. 

same cookie monster GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block