1999 clip of Britney Spears shading the Backstreet Boys resurfaces: "ten years down the road... by then who knows who the Backstreet Boys will be"

Ew, this makes me lose a little respect for her. One thing I have always loved about Britney was that she didn't need to be a shady ******* like Xtina, Madonna, Mariah etc she was the bigger person and let her own success speak for itself. She had a fierce and cocky stage persona that she didn't let bleed into her interviews. I get that gays are obsessed with women being rude (why? I have no idea), but this is an ugly side of her I don't really like. Hopefully her mom or Fe handled this situation when she hung up the phone. That isn't how you act towards people who have only been nice to you (from what we had seen). Blame the label or management, not the boys themselves. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BabyOneMoreTime. said:

You know what I think that hadn’t been mentioned yet... she WAS dating Justin at the time (not publicly but we all know they were dating since late 98) and maybe that’s what also got her more annoyed? Like she was already irritated with the shade and having her boyfriend be apart of their biggest rival band probably got her more pressed to drag them. I’m sure her and JT talked about it and revved each other up LOL

Nsync helped her when she opened for their tour in late 98 and then she had to promote BSB afterwards :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: she wouldnt mind If she had to promote Nsync instead tenor.gif

3 hours ago, MaxBsAS said:

The first batches of BOMT CD had clips from BSB Millenium album with Britney introducing them.

I have been trying so hard to find one of these. I heard somewhere the first pressing with the bonus tracks had the poster with a tear-away at the track listing, and I found one at my local record store. But I was so crushed to find that it was just the the normal CD. I thought for sure I’d found one.  :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

2 hours ago, MikeSim said:

Ew, this makes me lose a little respect for her. One thing I have always loved about Britney was that she didn't need to be a shady ******* like Xtina, Madonna, Mariah etc she was the bigger person and let her own success speak for itself. She had a fierce and cocky stage persona that she didn't let bleed into her interviews. I get that gays are obsessed with women being rude (why? I have no idea), but this is an ugly side of her I don't really like. Hopefully her mom or Fe handled this situation when she hung up the phone. That isn't how you act towards people who have only been nice to you (from what we had seen). Blame the label or management, not the boys themselves. 

Yeah you didnt understand the context of the situation, she was forced to promote BSB's next singles on her DEBUT album! ?? I would be pissed too if my label sees me as propaganda for another artist. I bet she didn't even know in how many of the copies the tracks were gonna be in, so her anger was reasonable, considering it was the second time Jive obligated her promote another band's single. So yeah, i do believe she was more pissed about the situation itself rather than a direct hate towards the BSB, she probably had not even met them yet (socially speaking)

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Oxic said:

Yeah you didnt understand the context of the situation, she was forced to promote BSB's next singles on her DEBUT album! ?? I would be pissed too if my label sees me as propaganda for another artist. I bet she didn't even know in how many of the copies the tracks were gonna be in, so her anger was reasonable, considering it was the second time Jive obligated her promote another band's single. So yeah, i do believe she was more pissed about the situation itself rather than a direct hate towards the BSB, she probably had not even met them yet (socially speaking)

When was the first time, Don Phillip?

1 minute ago, Cheshire-B said:

That feat is very mysterious too, did she ever said something about it ? 

I only heard Britney acknowledging when Don sang for her on the x factor. 

5 hours ago, MikeSim said:

Imagine losing respect for a person over something they said at 17 years old 😂😂

• Love 6

OMG I nevere heard about this hidden track :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

I had to search on youtube to find it. Wow, she made a real commercial break on her own album for other artists, who does that??? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

My version of the album was what they called an "enhanced album", that you had to read on the computer. There were videos and making of if I remember. It was the very first album I had to have this feature, and I though it was so groundbreaking at that time! :enigma_alien_blue:

Concerning the shade, sorry but she did not started it. It was an answer to an alleged shade from BSB.
And I mean, she was not wrong, 10 years later probably seemed so far away. A lot of things can happen in 10 years for an artist. She probably though promoting another artist on an album was so random, people who would hear that in the future would think "WTF is that"? (Just like I do right now). :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: