1999 clip of Britney Spears shading the Backstreet Boys resurfaces: "ten years down the road... by then who knows who the Backstreet Boys will be"

1 hour ago, bliss said:

I mean.. did she lie though? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: 10 years later, in 2009, Britney was getting a #1 with with 3 meanwhile the Backstreet Boys couldn't even chart on the hot 100

But at what cost? They all can walk into a store and buy their own album, she needs daddies permission to even step outside her home, be driven to the store and allowed to use her own money. Britney’s breakdown for sure brought on a second wind of popularity for her. Without it she very well could have faded like the rest. Her situation keeps people talking and keeps her in the news, and part of me wonders if she would trade her name recognition for the years of freedom she lost. 

• Like 1

I’d give anything for this candid Britney again. And this isn’t even shade. This is Britney being Britney. She was young and hooking up with one of the NSYNC members and friends with the rest. Of course she was going to not be happy about having to promote their competition when NSYNC helped her launch her career. 
...but yes, 18 year old Britney wasn’t feeling BSB and now here we are supposed to believe it was her idea to release an unreleased song featuring them decades later. 😂

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I’d give anything for this candid Britney again. And this isn’t even shade. This is Britney being Britney. She was young and hooking up with one of the NSYNC members and friends with the rest. Of course she was going to not be happy about having to promote their competition when NSYNC helped her launch her career. 
...but yes, 18 year old Britney wasn’t feeling BSB and now here we are supposed to believe it was her idea to release an unreleased song featuring them decades later. 😂

She was 17 years old :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: