1999 clip of Britney Spears shading the Backstreet Boys resurfaces: "ten years down the road... by then who knows who the Backstreet Boys will be"

Id like to remember that for some reason Nick didnt seem to like Britney in the past. 

The first rumours about them dating happened in 2002 and at the time, he was cool about it, he didnt shade her. He said he had met her 3 times, that they never kissed but joked saying that he didnt mean that nothing would never happen tho. At the time there were rumours about him having a crush on her. I remember reading an interview with him for a Brazilian popular magazine that when someone mentioned she was single, he got embarassed. 

Anyway, 5 years later the rumours came back. But he was quite rude denying those rumours even saying "i dont need no baby mama drama" 

https://youtu.be/h5kQifzQDEo 

Years ago he was asked about that on WWHL. For some reason I couldnt find the video anywhere on the internet, but Ive seen people saying that he shaded her saying smt like "oh thank god no" or "hell no" 

Its worth noting that Aaron Carton opened for her european tour in 2000. 

I wonder if Britney rejected him after 2002 and he became pressed about her. 

And heres Nick saying the superbowl halftime show was offered to BSB first, but they chose the national anthem bc the halftime at the time wasnt big yet.

1:58 

https://youtu.be/FysWYT90Ik4

39 minutes ago, FreeLou said:

Hm, where did I say she was stupid? I blame her captors, not her. Do you really claim she’s in control? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

And did you really use Scam as proof for ANYTHING?  :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Let’s talk facts.

Fact #1 - Her “boyfriend of five years” played along with Team Con with the “such a hero for getting help and checking herself into rehab” narrative while she was being forced against her will. 

Fact #2 - Court documents prove she refuses to work under Jamie’s control. 

But you go ahead and stream and buy and show Team Con how profitable it is to keep her under a cship. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

You saying she doesn’t know about it and referring to her being a five year old because of the legality of it. Britney cares more about Sam than you, but go off. She looks SO CAPTIVE when she’s with him :roxxy:Her own kid doesn’t have an issue with him, but you (someone who never met her) thinks they know about her relationship and what she does and doesn’t know :roxxy:

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, FreeLou said:

Hm, where did I say she was stupid? I blame her captors, not her. Do you really claim she’s in control? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

And did you really use Scam as proof for ANYTHING?  :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Let’s talk facts.

Fact #1 - Her “boyfriend of five years” played along with Team Con with the “such a hero for getting help and checking herself into rehab” narrative while she was being forced against her will. 

Fact #2 - Court documents prove she refuses to work under Jamie’s control. 

But you go ahead and stream and buy and show Team Con how profitable it is to keep her under a cship. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

You better gather her. Notice how in the reply to this there was no mention of the shady stuff that scam has done and the clear refusal to work... Anything to not feel guilty I guess :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Thank you for this, I just read it all, I had no idea about that hidden BSB promo by Britney at the end of the early editions of BOMT. Mine obviously doesn't have it.

Now, about Britney's response back then, on the one hand she was very young and at the beginning of her career so she was only reacting to the sudden last question by the radio host, and BSB's OWN PREVIOUS SHADE towards her, like most teenagers would. Also, by that time she was just starting having media training, so I think her response was understandable.

On the other hand, what I love so much about her is that SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HONEST. You can tell when she likes something or someone, and when she doesn't. She's crystal clear, she cannot help it. Some people may take it as rude, but I actually appreciate that. Also, and this is very, VERY important: she almost never starts a fight. Whenever, if ever, we hear her shading someone else, it's because she was previously provoked.

Oh and also... You HAVE to be that confident if you want to be Queen some day. She clearly wanted that, as early as 16-17 years old.

PS: "Matches" is an effing BOP! :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I 100% agree with everything you said. Even about Matches. . .at first I didn't care for it but now I can't get it out of my head lol

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Thank you for this, I just read it all, I had no idea about that hidden BSB promo by Britney at the end of the early editions of BOMT. Mine obviously doesn't have it.

Now, about Britney's response back then, on the one hand she was very young and at the beginning of her career so she was only reacting to the sudden last question by the radio host, and BSB's OWN PREVIOUS SHADE towards her, like most teenagers would. Also, by that time she was just starting having media training, so I think her response was understandable.

On the other hand, what I love so much about her is that SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HONEST. You can tell when she likes something or someone, and when she doesn't. She's crystal clear, she cannot help it. Some people may take it as rude, but I actually appreciate that. Also, and this is very, VERY important: she almost never starts a fight. Whenever, if ever, we hear her shading someone else, it's because she was previously provoked.

Oh and also... You HAVE to be that confident if you want to be Queen some day. She clearly wanted that, as early as 16-17 years old.

PS: "Matches" is an effing BOP! :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Exactly. All the people she shaded was bc they shaded her first or many times before. She clearly didnt want to promote them on her own album and then got upset bc they acted as if they were doing her a favour. She was a teenager just starting, I think theres nothing wrong with what she said. She clearly wasnt starting drama and like u said, she obviously was always crystal clear with things she wanted or didnt like. 

Btw I just looked BSBs chart positions before Millenium and she was right, she did them a favour. 

Their first two albums didnt even chart on the Billboard 200. 

Their first album was #12 in the UK. Their first album sold 10 million ww and the second 5m in Europe. They never had a #1 single in the USA. And their first #1 single in the UK was with I want it that way.

1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

This was pretty savage. Not that many people would say something like this so directly today. Not even rappers like Cardi/Nicki beefing. Closest thing to this level of unwitting savagery is when Rihanna referred to Katy Perry's music as generic.

It was a different time.

Almost every artist was "real" like that back then. It wasn't until Britney became a superstar and her management team started shaping her "Britney Brand" that her words (along with every other artist) became very "generic" so as to appeal to as many fans as possible.

• Like 2