OPINION: My top 5 Pop Albums of 2020. What're yours?

10 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW, I HAD NO IDEAAAA!!!!!

@Trace can tell you. 

Ulf spills so much tea on how Clive f'd up their US success after the first album.

They also touch on Linn and why they faded her out slowly. It was a compromise. Had she had it her way, she would be gone before the first us album came out. 

A 52 page booklet and most of the Stuff are exclusive to the box set. Including a live show audio from 1990

• Love 2

I actually enjoyed a lot of music this year... from a cross of genres.

1.  Folklore by Taylor Swift

2. Nectar by Joji (alternative pop-ish~)

3. Plastic Hearts by Miley Cyrus

4. Sin Miedo by Kali Uchis (latin pop~)

5. Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa

Edit:

but if we’re sticking to strictly pop I guess I’d add Chromatica but it feels like half filler for me. Then maybe Ava Max’s Heaven & Hell... it’s full of bops. I actually enjoyed Rare by Selena too. 

01: Plastic Hearts || Miley Cyrus     
      Favorite Song: Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol)  
miley-cyrus-plastic-hearts-album-cover-1606506837.jpg

02: SAWAYAMA || Rina Sawayama      
      Favorite Songs: Who’s Gonna Save U Now, XS, and FTW (Interlude)  
Sawayama-album-cover.jpg

03: Future Nostalgia || Dua Lipa     
      Favorite Song: Levitating   
R-14998219-1585308257-6841.jpeg.jpg

04: Chromatica || Lady Gaga    
      Favorite Songs: Sine From Above (Lady Gaga & Elton John) and Rain On Me
C2946-F50-2830-4894-A437-B7-F9-B010-D6-A8.jpg

05: everything means nothing || Blackbear     
      Favorite Song: Hot Girl Bummer   
91QC3Jd+zEL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Honorable Mentions:    
   Positions, Rare, Nicotine, and Folklore

My Favorite Pop EPs:

01: PAUSA || Ricky Martin
      Favorite Songs: Simple and Tiburones
RICKY-MARTIN-PAUSA.jpg

02: Outsiders Club || XYLO
      Favorite Songs: Alone, Apple Pie, and Chlorine
696-DE31-C-386-D-491-B-B824-906-CE8941653.jpg

03: After School || Melanie Martinez      
      Favorite Songs: Notebook and The Bakery      
F1-A9-DE4-D-8-FD2-410-E-9-FE8-8-DF028-F8-EE32.jpg

04: THE *(EX) TAPES || FLETCHER
      Favorite Songs: Bitter, Feel, and If I Hated You

05: Look At This Mess I’ve Made || LoveLeo
      Favorite Songs: BOYFREN and ROSIE
LOOK-AT-THIS-MESS-IVE-MADE-EP-Artwork-1472x1472.jpeg

• Love 1

Hello beautiful Exhalers and those who don't identify as that. As I cannot choose only five albums that really made it in my point of view, I'll just share with all of you the albums I've enjoyed the most this year. Also, excuse me not knowing what exactly is considered a pop album these days. 

#1 The members of Little Mix posing for the camera with a blurred photograph and smears of colors in the background 

Confetti by Little Mix. A perfection

#2 Dua Lipa driving a car in a cosmos. On top left, there is a moon. Lady Gaga - Chromatica (Official Album Cover).pngA woman with gold makeup has her hands folded together.

My three favourite albums at the same position. Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa → No words needed. Chromatica by Lady Gaga → There are hidden gems on that album that she for some reason does not promote. SAWAYAMA by Rina Sawayama → Another perfection.

#3 The Weeknd - After Hours.png  A greyscale picture of a young woman standing in the woods Kylie Minogue - Disco.png

After Hours by The Weeknd. folklore by Taylor Swift. Both albums, each unique in its own way. Disco by Kylie Minogue.

#4 Adam Lambert - Velvet.png A photo of a woman's face with thick blue glittery makeup around her left eye J Balvin - Colores.png

VELVET by Adam Lambert. Manic by Halsey. Colores by J Balvin. Each albums has some really enjoyable songs, yet I must skip some other (fillers).

#5 Maluma - Papi Juancho.png Hayley Williams - Petals for Armor.png Tame Impala - The Slow Rush.png 

Papi Juacho by hubby Maluma. Petals For Armor by Hayley Williams. The Slow Rush by Tame Impala. Great albums, yet I missed something in it. Neither of these albums has that/those song/s (for me) in it.

#6 A red-orange candle representing Kesha's head is positioned on top of a surface. The candle wax is melted, disfiguring the top of the "head". The 1975 Notes on a Conditional Form Digital.jpgEminem in a suit with a red background

High Road by Kesha. Notes On A Conditional Form by The 1975. Music To Be ******** By by Eminem. Good albums, however, I expected more. 

#specialcategory

Suzanne Vega - An Evening of New York Songs and Stories.jpg

A Night Of New York Songs And Stories by Suzanne Vega.

#honorablementions

Drake - Dark Lane Demo Tapes.png Kehlani - It Was Good Until It Wasn't.png Ordinary Man.jpg

Dark Lane Demo Tapes by Drake. It Was Good Until It Wasn't by Kehlani. Ordinary Man by Ozzy Osbourne.

• Love 1

According to Spotify: 

1. dua lipa - future slayalgia

2. drake - dark lane demo tapes 

3. Taylor swift - folklore 

4. Selena Gomez - rare 

5. lady gaga - chromatica 

Honourable mentions to Mandy Moore’s Silver Landings and teyana Taylor’s The Album. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block