The Guardian: Jamie Lynn on Britney's legal battle and why she isn't jealous of her talented, famous and successful sister

Jamie Lynn Spears was sitting in a car, surrounded by screaming fans, when it finally hit her. Of course, she knew her sister  Britney was successful – she had seen her swap family singalongs for pop stardom – but this was next-level. “Something clicked in my head on that car ride,” she recalls, “like, my sister is famous: Mariah Carey famous. She’d created so much power for herself. At that moment I knew I wanted it, too.”

From her home in Louisiana, the 29-year-old recounts her own journey to a slightly more modest stardom: from the young child on the road with Britney to being cast, at the age of 13, as the lead in Nickelodeon’s teen series Zoey 101. Despite Britney’s towering fame, Jamie Lynn says she wasn’t jealous. “I always looked at her with pride, and she was my biggest cheerleader guiding me in an honest way.”

Spears talks about her sister with reverence, but troubles within the family are widely known. Britney recently challenged the conservatorship that sees her personal and professional life managed by their dad. I am told Jamie Lynn can’t talk about the #freebritney movement and tense wrangling for legal reasons (after we speak, the court ruled against Britney); instead, I ask how she’s been coping.

“It’s hard,” she says carefully. “It makes me really sad because I love my family. All I can do is look for the good, not the bad. You can’t open that can of worms publicly.” She pauses: “I don’t think it’s fair to anyone.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/20/jamie-lynn-spears-britney-created-so-much-power-for-herself-i-wanted-that-too

damage control I see :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

ure not fooling us Juno, stop trying to force the reboot no one asked for down our throats, its not going to happen. Give up, maybe u should help ur sister instead of siding with Lou. Empty words to save ur own *** wont help ur sister you arent "jealous" of :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lili_ballet said:

"i don't think its fair to anyone"?????

whys it unfair for u juno lynne ur not the one fighting in court

Ikr. She talked as if its both hard for Britney and Jamie when its Britneys life thats on the line :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

After six years out of the spotlight, she finally had something musically meaningful to say. In 2014 she released her first EP, The Journey, a quaint country record featuring the self-explanatory Shotgun Wedding. “I needed to find a way to provide for the child,” she says. “When I felt safe enough, I was able to write and release it.”

Was this an attempt to try fooling gp that she didnt take one dime from her sister all these years even tho she barely worked? lmfao 

Today, though, she’s promoting the release of the Zoey 101 theme tune, a gift to fans after Covid delayed a planned reboot of the show. “I can leave 2020 knowing we’ve given them something to look forward to in 2021. This year, couldn’t we all do with something positive?”

What about ur sister's wishes of having that nightmare of a so called father ruling and ruining her life for 13 years already finally getting the boot from her own business? Maybe u should think about her having smt positive to look forward in 2021 too? Maybe then u could leave 2020 with a somewhat peace of mind? Have u ever thought about actually trying to help ur sister someway instead of insisting in this flop show no one cares about? :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

yeah, so much for that fake *** positive attitude and distressed concerns no one is buying. 

I can understand it must be difficult to see your family fight in court against each other, JL. But I’m surprised after all those years of fame, tours and opportunities you didn’t find it hard to live off Britney’s success knowing she was living as a child monitored by your alcoholic father. She’s full of ****. And that part when she talks about “providing for her child” is just ridiculous. You don’t fool anyone boo. 

She actually referred to her music career as a way to provide for her daughter, notice not something she loves, has passion for or has always wanted to do.

That's what we're dealing with here. Narcissistic personalities who believe they're owed something. 

She still hasn't addressed what this actually is? It's basically a publicity stunt to get attention and get a pilot funded. Yet she's opening every press interview about her sister.

Why can't she talk about it when Bryan spoke about it freely?!

"You can't open that can of worms publicly." She pauses: "I don't think it's fair to anyone." 

Um, that can of worms is the legal restraints your sister has endured for most of her adult life. And your sister wanted certain aspects of that can of worms to be made public so that it's fair to HER. 

I can't with this wannabe. 

**** you david schwimmer GIF

4 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

"i don't think its fair to anyone"?????

whys it unfair for u juno lynne ur not the one fighting in court

This, this and this!!! :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

I'm so sick of this family acting like it’s all their problem! Only one of them is in a conservatorship and the rest of them live their life with no restrictions. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

I totally would believe they can't talk about Free Britney, but they did even recently lol.

Bryan podcast interview, Lynne racehorse thing, Lance Bass said things he clearly has no idea thanks to Jamie Lynn.

I think they just saw How everything backfired and now will try the silence tactic.

7 hours ago, Bundy said:

Ikr. She talked as if its both hard for Britney and Jamie when its Britneys life thats on the line :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

That's the thing. The way JL, Bryan and Lynne talk about the situation, they don't blame Jamie for what he is doing... They act like a normal family fight that eventually will end well.

They don't need to give details of the process, but the words they chose... It seems Britney is just as wrong as Jamie.

6 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

I totally could believe they can't talk about Free Britney, but they did even recently lol.

Bryan podcast interview, Lynne racehorse thing, Lance Bass said things he clearly has no idea thanks to Jamie Lynn.

I think they just saw How everything backfired and now will try the silence tactic.

That's the thing. The way JL, Bryan and Lynne talk about the situation, they don't blame Jamie for what his doing... They act like a normal family fight that eventually will end well.

They don't need to give details of the process, but the words they chose... It seems Britney is just as wrong as Jamie.

They talk as if shes being a drama queen and should just accept her life as its. Like its no biggie that she lost all her rights and a man she never was close to, has so much power over her life, fortune and career. They seem selfish af. Like they lack empathy and side with Jamie in the end no matter what. The only thing they care is that she continues working so they all can live free leeching off her. Her family is the worst and I hope someday she'll realize that they did her so wrong and abused her in so many ways. If she ever gets free, she should put a restraining order against every single one of them.

Archived