Harry Styles' Vogue photoshoot criticized by conservatives for not being manly enough

29 minutes ago, Brat said:

Conservative women really hate the gays :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Yeah, because we will get the husbands **** anyway. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

lol @ manly man: This is so toxic, like how come they are always pissed off when a man is more feminine but it's always okay when a girl does the manly look? 

Not everyone is the same boring Justin Timberlake kind of person (with a suit and tie.) :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

6a2e75788beb829f7072992b36d30571.gif

20 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Yeah, because we will get the husbands **** anyway. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

lol @ manly man: This is so toxic, like how come they are always pissed off when a man is more feminine but it's always okay when a girl does the manly look? 

Not everyone is the same boring Justin Timberlake kind of person (with a suit and tie.) :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

6a2e75788beb829f7072992b36d30571.gif

I don’t understand why they think we want their husbands.  Yes we are attracted to men but not ALL men.  And a lot of us do respect the value of marriage even though they don’t believe we can get married 

Sounds like “Make women house-wives again” :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

I have never heard anyone say “There is no society that can survive without feminine women. The East knows this. In the west, the steady masculinity of tomboys at the same time that Marxism is being taught to our children is not a coincidence. It is an outright attack. Bring back feminine housewives” :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Are these stereotypes still alive in 20 freaking 20? I’m straight but I am NOT going to bully another male (that too whom is straight) for their personal choices and preferences, or for exploring his feminine side. If a man wants to wear a skirt, he has the RIGHT to do so because liberation is such a fundamental right. Leave Harry alone with those “wE nEeD mAsCuLinE mAn In tHe sOciEty”. No we need more men who are comfortable sharing their feelings, doing what they want and dressing the way they like without the society 👏🏾 Taunting 👏🏾 Him 👏🏾

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

A dress doesn’t come with a gender label? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Men have worn dress-like clothes in the past but that happened with fashion changing over time. Those who publishing this know that most people now perceive a dress as something feminine and just decided to "push" it on us men. It is forced. It didn't happen naturally/over time. Most men now wouldn't even wear a dress. It just feels tacky and done for shock value. 

• Like 1

I think this movement of his is interesting but I just have a strong feeling ever since he started with this that he does this as a paid actor; somebody pulls the strings of modern culture in certain directions and Styles has been chosen to promote this gender fluid gender bending agenda.

Imo I think his gb style is super unattractive; he should wear a long wig and maybe some 💄 or at least some contour. 

Honestly 6ix9ine is a thousand times better at promoting 🏳️‍🌈 aesthetics than Styles and Sam Smith combined 6ix9ine gotti GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop.  

As do Jefree Starr GIF by Shane Dawsonpeoples choice awards pca GIF by E!... 

• Love 1

OK this is bullsh it. Harry is NOT bending any genre stereotypes, he's playing it like he is just to create controversy and publicity for his own benefit.

If he really were trying to bend genre roles, he would be actually wearing dresses in his personal or artistic life (like David Bowie or Prince in performances) or out and about. But he only does it for pictures. And pay attention, because whenever he does, he actually plays those perfectly defined roles that he's supposedly fighting against: when he's photographed wearing a dress, he poses all masculine and sh it, meaning that he doesn't have the actual b alls to be shown in a feminine or delicate or simply not menacing way. And whenever he's wearing his regular clothes, he looks like a pretty chill and sweet guy. He's not this macho man, so then why does he have to act like one when he's wearing a dress? Wear a dress and be you while doing so, don't hide behind the opposite genre role that you're supposedly trying to bring down! ugh :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: You could say that that's the point, mixing opposite genres, but that's not BENDING them, that's just wanting to destroy them individually while not really being fluid yourself.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Peanut said:

Men have worn dress-like clothes in the past but that happened with fashion changing over time. Those who publishing this know that most people now perceive a dress as something feminine and just decided to "push" it on us men. It is forced. It didn't happen naturally/over time. Most men now wouldn't even wear a dress. It just feels tacky and done for shock value. 

Oh ok i see where yr coming from.

The thing is "masculine" men will remain "masculine" even after seeing guys in dresses.

And most of the time it's the women who have a problem.

Some women want equality so they can wear suit and tie but when men start wearing their dresses, equality goes down the drain.

And the same women has worn a suit before but she doesn't have a problem with her being "masculine"

Em-v-QTe-VEAM0-Vo8.jpg

She's just projecting her insecurities. "There is no society that can survive without strong men. "

Well strong men will remain strong. These are different men.

And even then, the whole "macho men" era is over. Society needed strong men because of hunting, killing etc. Now technology has taken over and nature will adapt accordingly.:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Love 1

This is "wrong", yet if we look back at monarchs in history we see them in heels, rouge on their cheeks, ruffles, etc. 

All but one of these tweets are written by females. You think they'd be happy that masculinity is softening in some aspects. 

And I bet you some of these women wear pant suits and say it's empowering. 

People need to calm the eff down and stop being defined by consumerism. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block