Britney's lawyer Sam Ingram rejects the notion that Britney is "gravely disabled"

Why can't she just go. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

This is seriously frustrating to me. I get that this is just a ploy from Jamie's side to distract and delay and it isn't the "issue" here. Totally get that. But Ingham is arguing that she doesn't have to go to court by technicality. That she wasn't subpoenaed. Like, come on. Why can't she just f ing go to court. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

Scared? Vulnerable? Afraid of saying things that will F up the situation? These are all excuses. I don't want to sound like i don't have "sympathy" but she doesn't have to address Jamie and company. She just has to f ing sit beside her lawyer to show EVERYBODY that THIS (fighting the conservatorship) is what she wants and she is giving her full confidence to her lawyer. PERIOD. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Honestly, I am almost posted on Britney's "I am the best I have ever been" video that she needs to just go ahead and address the elephant in the room and just put everything to bed already then. I honestly don't see why she can appear in a concert setting in front of thousands but not in front of 50 or so in a court room. I don't claim to have all the facts but this entire thing has been emotionally distressing to us fans and I do wish she would just be direct and address things properly because I personally do think she's more than capable of doing so and it makes me wonder what the **** game this all is. 

• Like 5

Ingram doesn't want her to testify because she knows Jamie's lawyers are going to eat her alive ... Britney doesn't have anyone to help her prepare for the trial and her testimony, and that's important.
I'm glad Ingram says she doesn't have a gravely disability because most of us know since 2008 that she just had tremendous stress, severe depression, and insomnia, job pressure, pressure from Kevin's attorney, and this whole process and the attorney's attitude. . the media and society with her, this without having any emotional or other support.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, LLuvia said:

Britney doesn't have anyone to help her prepare for the trial and her testimony, and that's important.

Ingham already made it clear in his arguments that Britney is not subpoenaed to take the stand. There is no cross examination happening. And even if there were, whatchumean Britney doesn't have anybody to help her prepare? SHE HAS INGHAM, her lawyer. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Your lawyers are always the one to prep you for a cross and no one else.

Ingham is just using the fact that there really is no reason for Britney to appear in court - which is true. Other than for optics. Which is what's most frustrating here. She doesn't address the cship in ANY WAY and even if she doesn't want to speak up about it (which is her right), showing up in court can mean a lot to everybody - to us. Her fans. It's frustrating that she always speaks in riddles. Save those cryptic messages for B10 cause i'd really want to hear her sing about freedom, oppression, being locked up and all that. But for now, she's not making music (and she doesn't have to, it's cool) but for crying out loud Britney showing up in court or speaking up would be such a morale booster FOR EVERYBODY.

I get it. She doesn't owe us anything. But that's what is most frustrating about all this. The lack of Britney in the proceedings of her life - when it was just Jamie and company calling the shots. But now the tables have been turned (as Jordan said) and it's just the SAME THING again but this time it's from Britney's side. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Ingham already made it clear in his arguments that Britney is not subpoenaed to take the stand. There is no cross examination happening. And even if there were, whatchumean Britney doesn't have anybody to help her prepare? SHE HAS INGHAM, her lawyer. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Your lawyers are always the one to prep you for a cross and no one else.

Ingham is just using the fact that there really is no reason for Britney to appear in court - which is true. Other than for optics. Which is what's most frustrating here. She doesn't address the cship in ANY WAY and even if she doesn't want to speak up about it (which is her right), showing up in court can mean a lot to everybody - to us. Her fans. It's frustrating that she always speaks in riddles. Save those cryptic messages for B10 cause i'd really want to hear her sing about freedom, oppression, being locked up and all that. But for now, she's not making music (and she doesn't have to, it's cool) but for crying out loud Britney showing up in court or speaking up would be such a morale booster FOR EVERYBODY.

I get it. She doesn't owe us anything. But that's what is most frustrating about all this. The lack of Britney in the proceedings of her life - when it was just Jamie and company calling the shots. But now the tables have been turned (as Jordan said) and it's just the SAME THING again but this time it's from Britney's side. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

If it is frustrating, but it is that she has never but never told anything about her personal life(even professional life, always narrative official) and that has always played against her and now more because people cannot understand her, be empathetic or help her ... we do this for a fact that this case was an entry into a mental facility against her will and was leaked, otherwise the people and their fans would be the same attitude as in 2011 for example.

I also prefer that she verbalize everything that has happened to her and that she face her problems in private, in public, and in court.

And you're right, for us, Britney's life is a puzzle in which we have to fit the pieces and that's really complicated, but this is what it is.

She has never verbalized anything and what I do not verbalize does not exist.( This should be a rule of thumb for everyone).

In the story with Justin, she did not say that they had taken time, did not tell the truth, and was destroyed by the industry, society, and even lost fans for this.
In the story with Kevin, she never said anything about what was happening in the privacy of her home and she was destroyed by this.
In the story with Lou M. Taylor, she did not say that she was being stalked by a stalker and that she was scared.
In the story with her father she never said that he was an abuser.
What if she verbalized? Well, at least the fans would have understood and defended her with good arguments and facts.
A few letters are not enough to calm fans down, because there are serious consequences, and fans needed to understand the chaos she was in.

Fans of the 2007/08 era believed that she was a **** addict, alcoholic and even some fans have idealized that era. The official narrative as of 2008 is that she had a supposed bipolarity and her father was her hero.

What would have happened if she had verbalized that she had tremendous stress, that she suffered insomnia, that she suffered from depression and that she clung to the first person because she could not find support?.

And surely they say that we do not want to know her private life, because if we must know when others have those cards on the table and play with this, now she is in this situation and the fans cannot do anything because for us her life in her puzzle and we don't have enough information, the information we have is that what Justin, Kevin, Adnan, Sam Lufti, her family, her team has given in this time( and people and fans have believed it 100% or 80%).

Now she has no rights, she has no voice, she is in a conservatorship ... this has been prompted by a voicemail source, if it were not for this, everything would remain the same and Ingrahm knows that now is not the time for her to declare because he knows that Jamie's team of lawyers is going to eat her alive ... and now it is not beneficial for her (perhaps because of the state of her mind, it has been 12 years being abused at all levels), maybe it was in 2008 or even in 2011.

It is difficult, and Ingram knows this and more if he knows how low, manipulative, and dangerous are the lawyers of Jamie, Family, and Team.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I hope I don't get shade for this. Obviously I am team #FreeBritney, but why doesn't she appear or give a personal statement? Why is Ingham getting to speak exclusively for Britney? We were so upset that Britney didn't have a voice before, and now the tables have kind of turned but she still isn't speaking. 

She could be trying to avoid perjury ...Something happened to allow a competent woman to be under a conservatorship. If Jamie brings her in, she might have to contradict statements made in the past which would make her look bad to the courts.  We all know the conservatorship was made to ensure she can get insurance for tours.  It was a stipulation and Britney went along with it.  She didn’t expect the lie to go this far and to be in a permanent conservatorship.  She has a huge uphill battle now.

12 hours ago, LLuvia said:

Ingram doesn't want her to testify because she knows Jamie's lawyers are going to eat her alive ... Britney doesn't have anyone to help her prepare for the trial and her testimony, and that's important.
I'm glad Ingram says she doesn't have a gravely disability because most of us know since 2008 that she just had tremendous stress, severe depression, and insomnia, job pressure, pressure from Kevin's attorney, and this whole process and the attorney's attitude. . the media and society with her, this without having any emotional or other support.

Yes. Also I wish her the best. But I hope they don’t make this an opportunity for a comeback. It’s insulting to her fan base.

if they are planning all of this to be some commercial propaganda... we suffered for years and so did Britney 

i hope she retires after this at the last for five or so years 

• Like 1

Sometimes the truth of a situation can be rather simple. There's no way to tell, but it's entirely possible, that in a long standing legal battle between two teams of lawyers  and her controlling father that Britney may have personally decided she didn't want to speak. That is what all the lawyers are for after all, and I'm at least sure this process is mentally, emotionally, and financially draining. I would stay my *** at home too. 

41 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Sometimes the truth of a situation can be rather simple. There's no way to tell, but it's entirely possible, that in a long standing legal battle between two teams of lawyers  and her controlling father that Britney may have personally decided she didn't want to speak. That is what all the lawyers are for after all, and I'm at least sure this process is mentally, emotionally, and financially draining. I would stay my *** at home too. 

This would make sense if she didn’t go in to make a request to the judge last year.... Maybe this particular part isn’t important to her, which is sad. If the reports were true and she asked the judge if she can be allowed to have more kids then idk about her priorities. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, FuriousoOIDA1 said:

This would make sense if she didn’t go in to make a request to the judge last year.... Maybe this particular part isn’t important to her, which is sad. If the reports were true and she asked the judge if she can be allowed to have more kids then idk about her priorities. 

What?? Britney doesn’t need to ask the judge to have kids:orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
12 hours ago, Scrappy said:

She could be trying to avoid perjury ...Something happened to allow a competent woman to be under a conservatorship. If Jamie brings her in, she might have to contradict statements made in the past which would make her look bad to the courts.  We all know the conservatorship was made to ensure she can get insurance for tours.  It was a stipulation and Britney went along with it.  She didn’t expect the lie to go this far and to be in a permanent conservatorship.  She has a huge uphill battle now.

That’s what I suspect she never wants to address anything, they looped her in and she can’t call them out without calling herself out too and while she was forced t do what they tell her to, it really doesn’t look good on her to also be a participant in their schemes and they can also gas light her that she was part of the con too to embezzle money or whatever they come up with and doesn’t matter how much her lawyer coaches her or prepares her, she’s not a lawyer who knows the laws and strategies to deflect Jamie’s lawyers attacks.

6 hours ago, Puppy said:

and doesn’t matter how much her lawyer coaches her or prepares her, she’s not a lawyer who knows the laws and strategies to deflect Jamie’s lawyers attacks.

Give her a little more credit, Puppy. She's not that i̶n̶n̶o̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ dumb. Chances of her crumbling on the stand speaks more about Ingham's competence as a lawyer to prep her for all possible scenarios and questions that will be asked - is much higher, than her crumbling cause she's not "knowledgeable" on laws and strategies. That's why she has A LAWYER. Also, it's not like Ingham is just gonna sit there and let them mock and scare Britney. There's such a thing as

"OBJECTION! BADGERING THE WITNESS!" :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Sorry but I watch A LOT of court dramas. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1