Britney's lawyer Sam Ingram rejects the notion that Britney is "gravely disabled"

• Leader
Just now, FuriousoOIDA1 said:

I’m just confused. Why won’t he let her in court? She went in last year with Lynn and spoke directly to the judge, why not now? There is no cross examination, just her speaking directly to the judge. Hmmmmm fishy fishy....

TBH I hate to admit this, but my spidey senses went off with this. It's just the same problem but from the other side. Why is she not speaking personally? This isn't a criminal trial. Is Ingram worried that she may tell the judge something that is "self incriminating" in the sense that it would hurt his argument? Keep in mind Ingham is now filing to be the person who takes over the trust.  Not trying to be conspiratorial, but something is just not sitting right with me at the moment. Maybe it's cause I don't have all the information idk idk 

• Love 2
  • Like 6

so for what I understand, Sam Ingham presented Britney's petition to keep records not sealed, Jamie's team then said they couldn't take Ingham's word, because it was hearsay and they needed Britney to sign a declaration to support such petitions, and provided a million things like as a conservatee she has the right to speak, petition, vote, etc. So now Ingham is saying like, yeah, that's correct and completely irrelevant, Britney has the right to appear on court or decide not to, as any other person that has a legal representative, because she's not under subpoena or citation. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I think they are worried she will be verbally assassinated and gas lit by Jamie and his lawyers in a court setting, ontop of her anxiety.

I would love her to speak up herself, but they are playing Jamie at his own game, he used to say Britney was unable to do things or attend hearings because of the c-ship and she wouldn't give statements then, so why would she now?

But they aren’t the ones speaking to her , she’s literally only speaking to the judge. She’s not going on the stand, she’s goes in stands by her lawyer and is asked by the JUDGE if she declares that she wants Etc etc (everything Sam I. has stated she wants). She doesn’t even have to look at her father/his lawyers. 

1 minute ago, Forever22 said:

Just let Britney sign a declaration. It’s almost like her doing that proves once again she shouldn’t be under this c-ship. It’s a mess. The chances are they ALL get a way with this. Corrupt system.

Not really, because they're now saying that's actually part of the things a conservatee is allowed to do. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

(along with recording albums, going on tour, act, give interviews, teach dance lessons, etc) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FuriousoOIDA1 said:

But they aren’t the ones speaking to her , she’s literally only speaking to the judge. She’s not going on the stand, she’s goes in stands by her lawyer and is asked by the JUDGE if she declares that she wants Etc etc (everything Sam I. has stated she wants). She doesn’t even have to look at her father/his lawyers. 

You don't think Jamie's lawyers will ask to question her?

Btw I would LOVE Britney to go and speak for herself, but it's a lawyer's job to speak on behalf of their client. Plus Jamie is just using delaying tactics bringing up these so called 'issues'. 

I'm sure at some point Britney will be in court, it's just a matter of time.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Forever22 said:

Just let Britney sign a declaration. It’s almost like her doing that proves once again she shouldn’t be under this c-ship. It’s a mess. The chances are they ALL get a way with this. Corrupt system.

I can imagine as soon as she signs a declaration Jamie's lawyers will argue she doesn't have capacity to do that, that's how trash I believe they are.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I hope I don't get shade for this. Obviously I am team #FreeBritney, but why doesn't she appear or give a personal statement? Why is Ingham getting to speak exclusively for Britney? We were so upset that Britney didn't have a voice before, and now the tables have kind of turned but she still isn't speaking. 

I actually agree with you on this.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

Not to be a **** but why doesn't Britney just let herself prove that she's not mentally ill in front of the judge? 

26 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I hope I don't get shade for this. Obviously I am team #FreeBritney, but why doesn't she appear or give a personal statement? Why is Ingham getting to speak exclusively for Britney? We were so upset that Britney didn't have a voice before, and now the tables have kind of turned but she still isn't speaking. 

Because she's terrified. And for good reason. The courts have made drastic life decisions for her in regards to her freedom and access to her children. As someone who also deals with avoidant personality issues, I urge you to have some sympathy for her not showing up. It may seem like a cut and dry decision to most, but when your life is at stake and the court of law (let alone the court of public opinion) decides your life for you, it can be petrifying and paralyzing. The risk of saying or doing the wrong thing in a scenario that could lead to devastating and long term consequences can be too much to bear for some people. 

BTW that is not to say that someone who struggles with this is unable to otherwise make sound decisions for themselves and lead a healthy, productive life as they wish. 

• Love 1
  • Like 7

Tbh i think right now she wants her family as far away from her life as possible and that’s her main goal right now. I don’t think she wants to speak in court. I think if she is successful in removing her dad from her conservatorship she will then go forward eventually in terminating it. That’s when she’ll need to speak up. Hopefully by then she will be in the recovery process. Her lawyer knows she isn’t mentally equipped right now to go in front of a judge. That doesn’t mean she is incapable. This is a woman with severe anxiety issues from what we see who has been told she’s crazy for a decade. It will take a long time for her to heal and be ready for the termination of this mess. 

• Like 4