This Day in Pop: Britney Spears' 3 music video premieres in 2009 (October 30)

On 10/30/2020 at 3:16 AM, PokemonSpears said:

Apparently, the official video's edition had to be rushed to made it coincide with the release of The Singles Collection.

Ugh absolutely, I HATE the editing on this video, I thinking it's truly atrocious: It's super choppy, it makes no sense, it doesn't flow, and it doesn't even go with the song.

It's actually the very FIRST Britney video that is below her standards, the first and only I was disappointed with. I'm serious. And it's crazy that it's the video that was released to promote her SINGLES collection, so it should have been representative of all her charisma and hard work and uniqueness, but instead it looks amateur and with not a clear vision. I hate it. And even worse, it has EVERYTHING TO SUCCEED!! First, Britney of course, she makes magic in front of a camera. Then the simplistic aesthetic, which looks so nice and is so pleasing to the eye. And omg it even has Chase in it... I can't believe they effed that up.

I even think the SONG was rushed. A MAX MARTIN SONG WAS RUSHED. The production is underwhelming, it lacks bass, and even though the song is minimalistic as well as the video, it lacks those little touches and differences here and there as the song progresses that we're so used to with Max.

This was released in 2009 and I still get mad when I think about it.

I'm sorry for the bad comments on it but don't mess with Britney's songs and videos because I can't tolerate that.

11 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Ugh absolutely, I HATE the editing on this video, I thinking it's truly atrocious: It's super choppy, it makes no sense, it doesn't flow, and it doesn't even go with the song.

It's actually the very FIRST Britney video that is below her standards, the first and only I was disappointed with. I'm serious. And it's crazy that it's the video that was released to promote her SINGLES collection, so it should have been representative of all her charisma and hard work and uniqueness, but instead it looks amateur and with not a clear vision. I hate it. And even worse, it has EVERYTHING TO SUCCEED!! First, Britney of course, she makes magic in front of a camera. Then the simplistic aesthetic, which looks so nice and is so pleasing to the eye. And omg it even has Chase in it... I can't believe they effed that up.

I even think the SONG was rushed. A MAX MARTIN SONG WAS RUSHED. The production is underwhelming, it lacks bass, and even though the song is minimalistic as well as the video, it lacks those little touches and differences here and there as the song progresses that we're so used to with Max.

This was released in 2009 and I still get mad when I think about it.

I'm sorry for the bad comments on it but don't mess with Britney's songs and videos because I can't tolerate that.

it's the first video where I noticed she looked different, but I think it was because of the hair and eyebrows

I said it a million times :eyes_britney_laugh: but I love the song and I love the video, it's my favourite!

Does anyone here have a gif of the black/white scene where you see Britney move her shoulders from behind? In general I'm always wondering where all your gifs come from...