This Day in Pop: Britney Spears' 3 music video premieres in 2009 (October 30)

Unpopular opinion but I love this video! I think she looks gorgeous on it, I love the outfits too. Too bad they cut the part where she wears a white leotard and red lipstick from the official release. 

I wouldn’t say it had a better editing, there are some editing errors/mistakes, the Director’s Cut seemed to me more rushed than the official.

Example of an editing mistake: at 2:32 to 2:34

Also the director’s cut hidden a few imperfections of Britney, idk if it’s due to the quality or if they edited her, but I discovered that when I remastered 3 in 4K, so I usued the Official version and added the exclusive scenes of the Director’s Cut to mix the best parts of each version.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

I wouldn’t say it had a better editing, there are some editing errors/mistakes, the Director’s Cut seemed to me more rushed than the official.

Example of an editing mistake: at 2:32 to 2:34

Also the director’s cut hidden a few imperfections of Britney, idk if it’s due to the quality or if they edited her, but I discovered that when I remastered 3 in 4K, so I usued the Official version and added the exclusive scenes of the Director’s Cut to mix the best parts of each version.

yeah, I should've used a better phrasing. Both videos seem to be lacking in some parts, what I tried to say is that the director's cut kinda shows more stuff, as what I would suppose was the intention, and the official video seems like they just took the first footage they found and worked with it, ignoring most of the other material, not for a particular reason, but more like because they didn't want to waste more time selecting between more scenes. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

yeah, I should've used a better phrasing. Both videos seem to be lacking in some parts, what I tried to say is that the director's cut kinda shows more stuff, as what I would suppose was the intention, and the official video seems like they just took the first footage they found and worked with it, ignoring most of the other material, not for a particular reason, but more like because they didn't want to waste more time selecting between more scenes. 

Yeah I see what you’re meaning. Indeed it’s true. Maybe they didn’t wanted to include those scenes because they feel a little too "additional", I mean, too out of the context of the video or they add nothing to the video even if it’s interesting to discover the unused footages.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Needleney said:

Never understood how this song got to number #1 lol. But hey, not complaining. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

The same way Womanizer, HIAM and S&M got to number one: her star power was still enourmous and her team still kinda knew what they were doing. Also 3 just came right after her circus era that was huge. Britney was still everywhere.