What was surprisingly well-received by your non-Britney fan friends?

toxiccriminal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackout never disappoints. I played it for my boyfriend in 2011 for the first time and he gagged when he heard Get Naked and really loved Toy Soldier. He also really enjoys Glory because it has a more mature sound and he even made a Facebook post that said “I never thought I’d be this excited for a Britney album to come out! Make Me is eargasmic!” Other than that I introduced my old bestie and she’s forever a stan. Met her in college back in 2009 and she knew the classics but after listening to all her albums she was never the same lol. It got to the point where she wanted remixes and MORE! Then we saw the FF tour together. Also my Dads not a perve but he LOVED If You Seek Amy for whatever reason. I guess the beat and the wordplay made him giggle and he always said pop music and Britney especially isn’t his favorite but she sold that song to him. My Mom weirdly enough always liked 3 lmao and that was ironically the last Britney song to come out before she died. My sister called me up before I even heard Gimme More and said “the new Britney song is techno and I love it! Go find it or turn the radio on NOW!” She also loved 3. My ex girlfriends Mom LOVED Circus. My other friend still plays Scream and Shout often till this day. 

All of you guys saying Pretty Girls like it wasn’t praised by everyone in this fandom until it performed poorly/critics panned it. The song isn’t bad lol I was in high school when it came out and all my friends loved it. It’s a cute and cheesy pop song. That was in lol

All my friends really like Glory. They LOVED Make Me when it came out and liked Slumber Party (although they heard that one from me since it got zero radio play). They’ve also been really open to the Free Britney movement as others have said. They don’t seem to understand the entire situation (the confusing legal bits) but hope the best for her

• Content Curators

TOXIC everyone I know who doesn't like Britney LOVES TOXIC. I once had a friend around me and she started singing that song and I told her, I thought you hated Britney and she said, that's Britney's song ? I was like :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done: duh bishhh, so she was all like :disbelief::huh: and told me well I still don't like her but I LOVE THAT SONG. I was like yay ( :mhmnod:) whatever bishhh.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

PMSL well, 'well-recieved' is  a bit far fetched but I'll always remember when Crossroads first came out in the cinema in 2002, i was only 11 and i begged my mum to take me to see it to which she very reluctedly agree to haha. [it was very interesting experience being 11 and sitting next to your mum in the cinema and britneys character comes out in just a bra and knickers and is just about to lose her virginity but hey ho lol]. anyway we went to mcdonalds afterwards and  i said to her Did you like the movie Mum? and she said 'ok ill give britney  her due, it wasnt as awful as i thought it would be :blol: 

9 hours ago, Midnight said:

TOXIC everyone I know who doesn't like Britney LOVES TOXIC. I once had a friend around me and she started singing that song and I told her, I thought you hated Britney and she said, that's Britney's song ? I was like :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done: duh bishhh, so she was all like :disbelief::huh: and told me well I still don't like her but I LOVE THAT SONG. I was like yay ( :mhmnod:) whatever bishhh.

:orangu:

Archived