Ciara says her #1 debut hit single "Goodies" almost went to Britney Spears

On 8/29/2020 at 12:51 AM, jokobish said:

Nahh she couldn’t dance like Ciara at all, but I definitely could see Britney singing this and doing it justice !

What do you mean? Watching the music vid makes me think it's a third grade dancing of Brit's overprotected darkschild remix. It takes one to be a dancer to tell.

I've actually never even heard this song before, I don't think it was a hit in the UK. It must have been released during a quiet time in the charts in USA to do so well, because it's not really very good. I certainly don't think it's superior to any other Britney single, so it's actually a good thing Britney didn't take it :yaknow:

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, notacam***** said:

I've actually never even heard this song before, I don't think it was a hit in the UK. It must have been released during a quiet time in the charts in USA to do so well, because it's not really very good. I certainly don't think it's superior to any other Britney single, so it's actually a good thing Britney didn't take it :yaknow:

It did well because of timing.

The classic Lil Jon/Ying Yang Twins sound was so in at the time and its very much the same vein.

19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

To call Ciara a flop.

Body party is double platinum

I bet was the only Female R&B song to go platinum.

Level up went platinum as well. 

Stop calling her a flop. She still gets certs and actually has a loyal husband. 

Who bought her the masters to her sony music catalog as an anniversary gift.

That's a great husband

Ciara is a local artist. Her tired R&B is not so big worldwide.

• Haha 1
On 8/29/2020 at 11:49 PM, Leolileinstein said:

How stupid. She may be 'irrelevant' bc she didnt had good promoters and worked with a bad team. If she had worked with the right team she would have been relevant. Also her older labels didnt help her at all (remember Jive during the Fantasy Ride era tried to turn Ciara into the black Britney and failed).

Having said that i think Cici had and has still lots of potential to be big and she has some great songs and shes talented :)

Plus let's not forget the way they marketed her as the next Janet Jackson, the timing was everything, Janet got banned on MTV, Ciara was molded as her replacement. In the US it kinda worked..