Ciara says her #1 debut hit single "Goodies" almost went to Britney Spears

I don't like the track at all........i HATED it when it was released and was played nonstop :fu:

I think Britney could of killed the choreography but the song god no. If she had recorded it i hoped it would of been an unreleased song that some stan harbingers until the end of time...you know like Rebellion

Even Ciara release better music after so it belongs in the trash

teresa giudice burn GIF

It is not Britney’s style. Never was never will be. Same with milkshake which was apparently also offered to Britney? She clearly had a great ear and intuition for not choosing these and being true to her own style. She didn’t need cheap gimmicky lyrics like that...she’s so above it.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Goodies sounds dated and with no personality. Any R&B singer could have done that. Ciara is an amazing performer, but she was never a global star. And how cute of her thinking she would be able to fight Jive if they really wanted to give the song to Britney lol. They had her on contract, they would just shelve her and make a Tinashe out of her until her contract was over years after when she would be a washed up pop wannabe.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, jms910 said:

It is not Britney’s style. Never was never will be. Same with milkshake which was apparently also offered to Britney? She clearly had a great ear and intuition for not choosing these and being true to her own style. She didn’t need cheap gimmicky lyrics like that...she’s so above it.

Well....Brave New Girl says hi :dead: 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

I think the choreography would have been awesome but Jive’s obsession with making her hip-hop to fit the music scene in 2003/04 was NOT it. I genuinely can’t hear Britney on the track. Same with Milkshake. Outrageous and Boom Boom IMO are genuinely mistakes. Britney being against them (wasn’t she?) speaks volumes. That was NOT her sound. I think it’s cool that despite all the work to try to give her sounds like this, she got her way with going in the direction SHE wanted to go in (Toxic, Breathe on Me, Touch of My Hand). It was truly different and in my opinion the songs still don’t sound like they belong in any particular time.

• Love 1

I just hate that Ciara starts with it the idea that it was gonne be taken from her and given to Britney but the story says the label wanted it to be given to a Britney like ARTIST. Like can you lame *****es stop trying to ride her fame? Like Ciara Goodies was like a million years ago. instead of trying to make up dumb stuff to hype up your sad career why don't you just make good music? she's basically a one hit wonder!

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, dran said:

Check 4:30 

What is she saying? I don’t understand...

Also forgot she had opened for Britney too.

15 hours ago, Trentals said:

Never liked this song. It’s not very Britney. Same as Milkshake.

Buttons by PCD would’ve been perfect for Britney though 

Was Buttons ever offered to Britney?