Katy Perry defends Ellen DeGeneres: "I have only ever had positive takeaways from my time with Ellen"

• Leader

ellen-katy.jpg.00f87c3aa405898451a5d47e846f9020.jpg

Katy Perry came to Ellen DeGeneres' defense amidst the talk show hosts' imploding career scandal. 

There's allegations Ellen's work environment was toxic. Ex employees claim they were intimidated and faced racism. Ellen issued an apology and said she was "committed to ensuring this does not happen again," but the damage is done.

Katy spoke out:

"I know I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience besides my own but I want to acknowledge that I have only ever had positive takeaways from my time with Ellen & on the @theellenshow," wrote Perry. "I think we all have witnessed the light & continual fight for equality that she has brought to the world through her platform for decades."

She added, "Sending you love & a hug, friend @TheEllenShow ❤️."

Thoughts, Exhale?

Related:

• Love 1

I think this is a good perspective to offer. A lot of the Ellen claims are not able to be verified that greatly. Yes, there are some confirmable/reputable ones (etc. her forcing Mariah to talk about her pregnancy), but I don't like that everyone is so quick to jump and cancel someone. People are multifaceted and no one is perfect.

Like Katy said, Ellen has brought a lot of light into the world and has done a lot for helping LGTBQ+ people be visible in America. Has she made mistakes? Absolutely, but this character attack based off a few incidents and other unverifiable claims shouldn't be reason enough for her to be canceled and forgotten for everything else she has accomplished and done for people.

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Guys can you all just calm it?

I don’t like Ellen either but we all in life base our opinions on people on how WE PERSONALLY KNOW THEM FFS 🙄 Katy clearly says she can’t speak for others’ experiences, they are friends so she is naturally going to say this! Get over it, if you don’t like Ellen or Katy, fair enough but Katy defending her has no impact on anyone. 

Also, she never defended Dr Luke. She merely expressed uninterest in being dragged into a conflict between two people she equally respected and had worked with, especially with Kesha lying that Katy had been ***** by Luke when she hadn’t. She wasn’t sure what to believe, which is fair enough when you’re on the outside looking in surely. Don’t be streaming countless songs produced by Luke and then come for Katy for wanting to remain neutral. Considering she doesn’t even follow Luke anymore or work with him, one can assume that she’s made her mind up anyway at this point.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block